• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 228.2
    CW: 229.0

+0.8 lbs

Can I just say I feel like Charlie Brown and the football? You know how Lucy always pulls the football away from him at the last minute and he falls on his back? Yeah, that's me this week lol.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @19shmoo69 LOL LOL LOL!!!! I love your sense of humor, I know I've told you that in the past, but I'll say it again! I'm glad you are in this group.

@Katmary71 No, that's the weird thing about it. No cilantro, it was a chicken and broccoli stir fry. BUT...the broccoli was a little bit "over" and I think it tainted the taste of the whole dish. Yeah that darned cafe! :( I'm sorry about your day, too. I know, right? I am trying to stay away from processed foods and then I eat the chips bah! Sounds like you will be busy with the farm. I hope you have a great day today!

@DrewsAnna I'm sorry about your pain. I hope the "golo" plan works for you. I made a good skinnytaste.com recipe last night: Ratatouille with Farro. Very good.

Hello all. Well yesterday was much better. No snacking except I did have a small caramel macchiato with oat milk. I had a gain this week which is really disappointing, I had been on a 4-week losing streak. I had hoped to be in the green all of August. :( Oh well, new week, new chance to get it right. I'm planning on going to the Aqua Interval - Deep class tonight at the Y. It's described as a "tough workout that utilizes intervals and high-intensity activity." I hope I make it there on time to attend.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Username - bethanie0825
    Day - Friday
    PW - 257.6
    CW - 259
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @trooworld @katmary71- I've been cruising towards menopause for quite some time, so I don't think that's the problem. I'm sure I'm unknowingly doing something wrong. When I've had success in the past, it was because I stopped caring about the scale and just decided that doing good things for my health was enough.

@19shmoo69 - That's very funny! Let me know how you like the hot flashes

Husband and son are away visiting family. Daughter and I having sushi and a movie tonight. Then, I'm going to drag my butt back onto the wagon.

See below=

Lisa

• Cornanda
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 174.8
    CW: 176.5

+1.7
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 240
    CW: 240
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I had a change of plans. I started looking at the "GOLO" paperwork (I finally found it) to refresh myself with it and decided to do the 7-day reset plan. Today was day 1 and it went very good. There are things to stay away from while doing the reset and I didn't have anything that I shouldn't have, except for 1 cookie. I did have one cookie. The meal plan I printed out for this coming week I am going to do after I'm done with the reset.

I didn't go for a walk today, one thing led to another and it just didn't happen. I'm going to try for tomorrow before the wildfire smoke rolls in and I have to stay in the house.

That's all I have for now. Y'all have a great evening.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    PW: 126.4
    CW: 128.2

Back in my goal range of 127-133
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Hey are any of you California people about to get rained on from this tropical storm that got mixed up and went to the wrong coast?
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 257
    CW: 257 <3

Still holding on... hopefully better next week!!

Let's go get it!! B)
  • askewcr
    Options
    We finally got my niece a dependable used car. Her car had been torn up and the only option was to get another used one somewhere. I was getting up at 5 a.m. and taking children to school and her to work and then doing the pick ups in the afternoon. I was tired! But Praise God she is riding again and I don't have to do all of that. That made for long days for me. :( Prayerfully, I 'm back on the right road now for my weight loss because those were some crazy days.

Have a great weekend everybody! Let's go get it!! B)
  • askewcr
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 257
    CW: 256 <3 **Correction!!

Still holding on... Grateful!!!!!

Let's go get it!! B)
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Cornanda How often are you weighing? What else were you doing when you had success in the past? I hope you enjoyed mother-daughter time and sushi. I love sushi! Sorry about the gain. YES about the tropical storm...supposed to be the worst storm in our history, I'm worried. Call it back to your coast, please! :D

@DrewsAnna Great job with day 1! What's the plan like?

@askewcr Oh that's good your niece got a dependable car. Good luck this week!

Hi all. We are expecting a level 4 tropical storm this weekend here in Southern California. I am worried and anxious. We are supposed to go out to dinner with some people tonight to a place about 45 mins away but I want to cancel. We probably will cancel. I ate well yesterday and didn't snack. All on plan.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    The August Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to start on Sunday, Aug 20th. Hope you'll join me for the "Write Your Own Ticket" Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10897506/august-week-4-group-challenge-write-your-own-ticket#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :blush:
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 214.6
    Todays Weight: 214.2
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 207.7
    CW 208.4

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna You got this! It’s worth a shot, you really enjoyed the meal plans so I think that’s a great idea once the reset is done. I’m glad day 1 went well!

@trooworld We’ve been challenge-less since July 4th, maybe it’s time for you and I to lessen processed foods as a challenge!? I’m actually leaning toward going no-gluten soon so I’m eating a lot of bread which makes sense in my backward mind. The aqua class sounds fun, let us know how it goes! Be safe with the storm, that’s frightening what the heck?

@Cornanda Enjoy the mother/daughter time! We may get some rain here but I think it will be harder for Southern CA where Chris is.

@micaroo4 Congratulations!

@askewcr Hopefully you’ll be able to get more rest now and will be back on track, those are early mornings!

Hi friends. A friend from MFP sent me a neck wrap you put in the microwave and heck if I warmed it, wrapped it around my neck in bed to read my book, and conked right out last night! It felt so good I couldn’t stay awake. I woke up early and lifted weights and stretched then went to the farm and sorted garlic for a couple hours (I have less feeling in my hands so breaking up the bulbs into cloves I’m way more clumsy than I wish I was, it’s frustrating) then went to the farmer’s market for some fruit. I stopped by my brother’s for a bit and am headed outside to water then I’m finishing the 10% left of my book and planning to use the wrap again. Have a great Sunday team!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    Saturday
    PW 229
    CW 229
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all,

Day 2 in the history books. It was harder today though. I wanted to eat everything this evening. Pretzels, cheez its, cookies, chocolate etc., y'all get it. I finally gave in and put some blueberries & raspberries in a bowl and topped it with some sugar free cool whip. It was really good and surprisingly helped with my cravings.

It was a lazy day today and tomorrow is going to be a very smoky day from the wind blowing all the wildfire smoke to us, so I won't be outside at all.
This discussion has been closed.