WaistAways Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods stay safe!! what a scary thing to be dealing with, and to know so many people who have already lost their homes! I cannot imagine. Hoping more rains come your way (and to all the other places currently ablaze :'( )

busy week for me at work, but I am really pleased with the vegetable forward dinner I made today, after 40 minutes of dance cardio. I was inspired by eggplant parmesan, ratatouille, and caponata so I made a dish that was 1 layer of sliced potatoes with eggplant, italian pepper, squash, zucchini, shallot, and garlic sauteed with my favorite red sauce all on top, and then a bit of parmesan cheese and fresh basil when it came out. delicious! felt healthy.

I am having some weird sleep patterns so hoping I get a good nights rest today, although it is already quite late and I still have to shower.
  • Antonia2050
    Antonia2050 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods take care of yourself and your family.
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    PW - 177
    CW - 173.8

Vaca was good, had a great visit with the kids. North Dakota is an interesting state, But now I have to play catch up at work. So I will be back to catch up tomorrow.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    PW - 177
    CW - 173.8

Vaca was good, had a great visit with the kids. North Dakota is an interesting state, But now I have to play catch up at work. So I will be back to catch up tomorrow.

Excellent loss, Vikki! I hope work is not too crazy - coming back after vacation always requires the extra large shovel...
  • Kali225
    Options
    @jugar that sounds so pretty!! I have to find some pics on the internet of that place. good reminder to figure out a way to hang some little lantern lights I have on my patio.

I am having a very busy week at work, I was still online at about 10pm today, but I am finally getting some things done. Super proud of myself for getting some house chores done after I logged off and then doing a 17 min booty workout as well! I need to get a good stretch session in tomorrow, both because of the workout today and the fact that I will be hopping in the car to drive 5+ hours after work tomorrow to visit a friend in Pennsylvania for the weekend. super excited to meet her 6 month old daughter for the first time too.

And, that veggie dish I made reheats great in the microwave - an attribute I look for in all recipes as someone who always cooks for 1!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    CW: 97.8
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,141 Member
    Options
    Thursday weigh-in
    Username ashleycarole86

PW 209.8
    CW 209
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @lauren_989
    You haven't missed a thing - it's me! I keep trying to get back in the groove and I miss the window. Once I got out of the groove it's been hard to get back in. This week is the week.. thanks for the gentle nudge

@conleywoods
    So sorry to hear you've been evacuated... the fires are a terrible and scary thing. Thinking of you and your family
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    You bet @project_shan
    I've updated you to 10K!
  • jugar
    Options
    Another wonderful time today! I love having my daughter visit - have I ever mentioned that??? :smiley:

We took Jasper on a trail ride with 2 of us on foot (her partner and me) and my daughter riding. Jasper loves following people, so he was having fun, and it was a day of perfect weather. We walked, jogged, ran, sauntered, checked out the small wildlife around, saw moose tracks - a lot of steps were had by all. I'll post some photos soon - there was a fine piece of photographic equipment along on the ride, so I'm sure there will be some good one. I love getting back into long walking about - my big toe has stopped hurting after its break. Finally!

I am SO hungry, so I'm planning and being careful not to eat everything in sight this evening. Wish me luck!
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 432 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    So happy to hear of you daughters visit @jugar
    @conleywoods thoughts are with you and your family

PW 170
    CW 168.2

Doing some right things that is headed in the right direction. Can't believe it's the end of August. It is almost feeling like fall here
  • project_shan
    project_shan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You bet @project_shan
    I've updated you to 10K!

Thank you!
  • jugar
    Options
    Wow. Friday reminder time - how did that happen so fast?
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @wishfuljune
    @PlaneMonkey
    @Kali225
    @DianaGetsFit512
    @Antonia2050
    @Pearl4686

And a couple of overdue weigh-ins:
    @strong_fit_ells
    @adrimango

Thanks!
  • Kali225
    Options
    Friday Weigh In
    PW: 278
    CW: 277.5

Very pleased with this as yesterday and today are the height of my TOM, typically I have a bit of bloat so wouldnt be surprised to see that number come down some in 2ish days, just from water retention.

I drove to PA last night, long drive and super tired right now but glad I made the trip!

Happy friday friends
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day, today will be also.

So I get back, and am just about caught up, and the other person I cover in the office, has been out sick for two days now. So I am looking forward to a quiet weekend. Next week I plan on getting back on the exercise train.

I have to get my house organized this weekend, I am behind on a lot of stuff. So once I get that sorted, I can focus on exercise.

Also need to work on some better meal planning.

• ashleycarole86
    Options
    Love dropping in and seeing all the great weigh-ins, @conleywoods back at home (understanding you are far from relaxed... I bet it's really hard.. how are the kids managing?), @jugar having a blast with her daughter...

My week has been okay. I had some craziness at work per usual, and Brad was travelling. I had dinners out, and bad decisions.. but I also did workouts, and yeah.. it's been ups and downs as usual. Today we are working from home and I plan to hit the Peloton before we head to the trailer so it's great that I'm prioritizing that over getting to the trailer early (which is a fairly sedentary place!)

We have friends coming to visit on Sunday so we'll take them on the boat. Time to seize the last of the nice weather!! The nights are already starting to feel cooler..

Drinking my water now.. happy about that too!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    rivogi2kd1z7.png

(Reminder that I don't have daily pledges for @veronica1359 and @littlemzkitty .. if you want to make one feel free but otherwise you are omitted from the consistency stats)

Have a good weekend all!
  • Antonia2050
    Antonia2050 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Aloha Friday!!! Woot Woot

PW: 215
    CW: 213.1
This discussion has been closed.