Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Options
    So far, I've got 4 miles. Took a break because it was raining so heavy. Looks a bit better now, but I need to dry my shoes before I go out again for my 3rd round of walking in the pouring rain 🌧 😅
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I was trying to figure out how to join the junk food challenge. I'm back on carnivore so I don't have many junk foods to stay away from.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 – I really hope Rich’s newfound brother wants to connect!
    @Cornanda – I guess last week should be a do-over for us! And it is crazy how a few extra pounds makes our blood pressure go up exponentially. That’s one of my main reasons for wanting to lose weight. Nice loss, BTW! So where ya goin’? Fun vacation, I hope!
    @trooworld – What a fun idea! My Ninja air fryer has a dehydrator option. What veggies would I make into chips? I have no experience in this.
    @maggybd – Not really excited about onderland because I just tipped into the 200s in the past month. I had been stuck in the 190s for the longest. Then stress got the best of me.

Alright, peeps! I ate some junk last night before bed for my last hurrah before starting this challenge. Ready, but not ready, to be honest. It’s gonna be a difficult challenge, but if I don’t do anything, how can I expect any changes to happen for me, right? I’m going to hop onto my grocery store app and order some produce to pick up on my way home from work. We can do this!

Looking forward to this evening - I get to see my little Sophie-Bear! She's getting dedicated at church on Sunday with her cousin (DIL's twin sister's baby, Eden), so they are going to be visiting all weekend. I get her tonight and DIL's family gets her tomorrow. Then we all celebrate after church before everyone travels back home.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday

So August 8th weigh in at 485.7lbs
    Today August 25th weigh in a 460.9lbs

Slowly but surely moving in the right direction

Sorry but weighing weekly was stressful so I took control of the situation and found out what works for me and use other measurements to help sty on track such as my breathing and clothes being lose or tight during the weeks I do not get on the scale (also my blood sugar is a key indicator as well)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 Wow that IS exciting, I hope things go well with the brother and nephew! Yikes on the rain, you go with those steps! You could do “walking’ workouts on YouTube like Leslie Sansone and Jenny Ford. It’s like low impact aerobics.

@Cornanda Oh I love the idea of a trip with Jennifer! I don’t know if she’d like me tagging along though, haha. I have to laugh a lot or I’ll lose it. Oh now you’re doing no junk food too to get that darned blood pressure down! Do you have a cuff for at home? Maybe it’s worse because of white coat syndrome? I know you can do this!

@troooworld WHAT TIME IS IT (The Time)! You DO have this and you’re going to do awesome!

@19shmoo69 Hm so as long as you stay on track it sounds like you’re doing no junk, everything BUT meat and some oils is ok for you then?

@vegan4lyfe2012 Love your dedication on ordering produce, you go! Aw, have fun with Sophie and congrats to her on Sunday!

@giaholy33 Good for you! You can ask to be considered on maintenance here if you don’t want to post weight each week, @trooworld or @broncobuddee may have suggestions on this if you’d rather not deal with the weigh-ins as I’m not sure how that works but we definitely want you to do what’s best for you and support you. I’m glad you’ve finding what’s right for you and I think between clothes and blood sugar you’ll have a good idea.

Hi team! First day no junk/no gluten going well! I went to Walmart pickup last night and got gluten free flour and almond flour to make gluten free zucchini bread this weekend then a few other “ok” things I needed. I had eggs and veggies earlier then am planning on a salad when I go out with two neighbors in a bit for dinner in Folsom (lots of jail and Johnny Cash song puns at this place, I’m getting Saladary Confinemen for dinner). Today I’ve been cleaning up in case my neighbors come back for wine, feels good to have made a decent dent in the mess.

Have a great night and awesome Saturday!
  • micaroo4
    Options
    OMG - Rich had a conversation with his new-found brother Bruce, and discovered that his birth mother gave birth to a 3rd child, also put up for adoption. So Rich also has a sister! The brother Bruce was fortunate enough a few years ago to meet 2 of Patricia's brothers (Rich's uncles) who gave Bruce a picture of Patricia, Rich's mother.
    We are meeting Bruce and his wife on Sunday morning for breakfast at IHOP in South Portland, and Bruce is going to try to bring Cathy (or is it Kathie?) so Rich can meet her too. This is just so wild!

Bruce seems pretty sure that there are only 3 siblings.

Rich doesn't think he can afford Christmas presents for all his relatives!

-Mica
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Oh, my report for day one - no junk. I ate too many calories, but no junk food!
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    @Katmary71 yes that's pretty much it. I've learned for my body carbs cause pain. I tried a former nutrition plan and I did lose some weight but then I swole and starting hurting. That is why I'm going back to carnivore.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 - I would love taking a relaxing trip with you ☺️

Ending the day under calories, more steps than I expected, and lots of drooling baby kisses 🩷

Breakfast - Tea (I'm not a breakfast person)
    Lunch - brown rice & mushroom gravy
    Dinner - rice and refried bean burritos
    Snacks - carrots & ranch; tofu & veggie dumplings

Day 1 of the Junk Food Challenge is a success!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Thursday
    PW 161.2 ??
    CW 159.7

I forgot to post yesterday again. I don't know why I always do this, I'm sorry.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 286 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 240
    CW: 242
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    username davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:262.1
    CW:264.5
  • maggybd
    maggybd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I needed some inspiration this morning and I am kind of nerdy so I find my inspiration in research that links weightloss to improvements in health. This article is particularly inspirational.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5497590/#R11

To summarize, a lot of benefits start happening at 5% loss. That is 10lbs for a 200lb person. And that works at all BMI so a 400lb person will have solid, measurable health improvements at 20lbs lost. And you will see more and more benefits as you lose more weight. Inflammation improves at 15%

How do you get inspired and motivated when this gets hard?

Maggy
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 256
    CW: 258

Let's go get it!! B)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Hmmmmm...do you literally only eat meat? Do you ever "cheat" and have other foods? Maybe you could just commit to staying with your diet?

@vegan4lyfe2012 Do you have the Ninja Foodi? Now that I know you have an air fryer, I've got more recipes for you! Try these (I've not tried these but I am going to try the one that has how to make all sorts of veggies):
    Air Fryer Kale Chips (Gluten-Free, Vegan) https://www.dishbydish.net/air-fryer-kale-chips/
    Zucchini chips https://mymerrymessylife.com/easy-veggie-chips-your-kids-will-love/
    How to make all sorts of veggie chips https://www.kitchenstewardship.com/a-real-food-alternative-to-potato-chips-munchy-crunchy-salty-and-nourishing/
    Salt and Vinegar Cucumber Chips https://farmtojar.com/salt-vinegar-cucumber-chips-baked-or-dehydrated/
    I hope you enjoy the time with family.

@Katmary71 YES!!!!! Thank you. I do love me some The Time. :D Great job, Kat. Have a great day!

@giaholy33 I do have the suggestion that you can either do what @Katmary71 said and ask to be moved to maintenance or the cheerleading section. Whatever works best for you!

@DrewsAnna I had to put posting my weight on my calendar because I was forgetting sometimes. Congrats on the loss!

@maggybd I love articles like this! I am kind of nerdy too (librarian here)! I am in a diabetes prevention program and heard in the webinar the other night that 7% loss can reduce your chance of diabetes by 50%! How do I get inspired and motivated when it gets hard? Well, motivation is fleeting so I rely on commitment and habits. If I am totally out of my habits, I start with small, achievable goals that I KNOW I can achieve so I can get some "wins" under my belt. I also do a lot of looking at books and articles and videos to get inspired. You got this, Maggie.

Hi all. Day 1 in the books and no junk food! I am going to take my own advice to @vegan4lyfe2012 and make some homemade veggie chips today. I'm also supposed to make homemade bone broth so we'll see if this happens lol. I had to work onsite yesterday and I did go to the cafe for a breakfast burrito but...and this is a first...I only ate half of the burrito and threw the rest away! I also only ate half of my lunch!

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    @trooworld when I'm doing meat only I do have chest days. Usually it's on potblessed meals after church. I can commit to just meat. Do I post the meat I eat?
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    The August Week 5 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Aug 27th. I hope you will join us for Non-Scale Victories and celebrating our successes! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10898088/august-week-5-group-challenge-non-scale-victories/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • maggybd
    maggybd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This is my first round. Do I need to do anything to stay on the team for september?
This discussion has been closed.