Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 209
    CW 209.8
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hi @jugar not sure if you want to include my weigh in for this week or just use it for my start weight in September.

CW 244.2

The scale is up but it could have been much higher considering the stress of the fire situation and being out of the house. Everyone at my house has finally relaxed and as of yesterday are no longer under evacuation orders!

Work/school starts on Tuesday for the whole family. Not feeling very ready to head back to work. It's starting anyways so I'll have to get myself going. I'll be transitioning to more structured exercise instead of my care free summer adventures. I have my gym set up and I am leaning towards morning workouts.

I also want to make some diet changes. I really haven't tracked since probably February with the exception of a few days here and there. Haven't settled on a plan yet.

@ashleycarole86 Soccer sounds so fun! Glad you were able to do that.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Happy Birthday!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrazy Happy Birthday!

@jugar my ankle is already feeling better. It is swollen and doesn't feel completely stable, but doesn't hurt too much.

We have a crew lunch today with pizza, salad, and brownies. Luckily, I'm gluten intolerant, so I am sharing a cauliflower crust pizza with our admin and will easily be able to pass on dessert. I just have to have the willpower to say no to the sugary lemonade.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Happy BD @Gidgitgoescrzy ! It is great that you are so young :smiley:
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy happy birthday!

My sleep score on my fitbit is usually high 70s-low 80s. That may be a good thing to work on next month!

@conleywoods I'm happy you don't have to worry about the fires right now! But you may need more of a break to relax before school starts again!
  • jugar
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Ready for the big Friday line-up? Here we go:

@EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @wishfuljune
    @PlaneMonkey
    @Kali225
    @DianaGetsFit512
    @Antonia2050
    @Pearl4686
    @DD265 hope you're doing OK :heart:
    and @leni1us if you want to update, feel free!
    and @wdalzell5401 you get to Saturday while many of us are still floating around in Friday, so join in :smiley:
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Friday
    CW: 221
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-in

PW: 277.5
    CW: 275.6

I am caught up on posts, I cannot believe how busy I was the last 2 weeks with work and travel. I think being so busy and not being in my own home (visited a friend in PA, then friends in VA, then got to upstate NY at my parents' second home late Wednesday) meant that I literally just ate less than normal. It's much harder to binge or get lots of snacks when you are in someone else's kitchen! Or driving for 8 hours at night. :D

The summer has flown by but I am SO ready to have Monday off for Labor Day here in the US. Temps here in the Catskills reached the 40s (F) last night and I LOVE it. I do plan to sit by the pool after work today but I can smell autumn in the air!

@Gidgitgoescrzy Happy Birthday!!

@ashleycarole86 I love that you guys got the soccer crew back together!

@MaddawgMadsen crazy that you were able to run those 3 legs with only a month of training!! that race sounds so cool. Made me think of Bay to Breakers in the Bay Area, my sister and aunt have run that one but I think it is much shorter, you can do it as a relay or one runner.

Crossing my fingers that I can log off work a little early today. happy weekend waistaways!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Weigh in

PW 213.7
    CW 213.4 better than up.

@Gidgitgoescrzy Happy Birthday! Hope your day was great.

@MaddawgMadsen Hope your ankle soon feels better. I hurt my ankle at work in the past. Sometimes spraining it can be a tougher recovery than a break.

I’m back to work. Kids come Tuesday. Life will be busy, but have more of a schedule. Maybe that will help get me on track.

Sleep scores in the 80s are good aren’t they. Last night I got over 8 hours but the score was 79. I get up so many times during the night. I wouldn’t exactly call my sleep restful. I wake up feeling pretty yucky and I’m a slowpoke because I feel so yuck. This has mostly been since I’ve been post menopausal. I hope it can improve eventually and gets better. Any suggestions beyond lose weight?

I need to get moving. Been sitting too long. Have a great day.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods So glad to hear you and your family are back in your home and more relaxed from fire threat. Hugs to you (and @KellyBgetsfit ) on starting the new school year.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @jugar - do we have a September discussion thread? I cannot believe it is September already!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    CW: 98.2

Sorry @jugar, I totally lost track what day it is as I'm off work this week.
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I used to have really bad sleep scores, but for the past 3 months they've really improved. I started taking magnesium. But apparently the type of magnesium matters. Citrate did not work for me, it gave me weird dreams, but didn't help. Then my acupuncturist told me to use Magnesium glycinate, it has made a world of difference, apparently, it's the kind most used for insomnia and anxiety, it's the calming one. Took about a month of daily use, but now I average 85 sleep score, whereas before it was 75.
  • wdalzell5401
    wdalzell5401 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 78.3
    CW: 78.2
    It's September but this is also my final weigh in for August. I'm happy to log a small loss this week and to finish August/start September slightly lighter than at the beginning of August. 😊
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    PW: 194.2
    CW: 193.8

It has been a whirlwind of a week. I missed a workout on Tuesday, but otherwise worked out every day since Monday. I’m doing yoga with a friend tomorrow morning and then Sunday I plan on doing a workout (TBD on what).
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar - do we have a September discussion thread? I cannot believe it is September already!

Our September officially begins on Sunday (yeah, F2F months are sometimes weird...) so I'll set up the new threads shortly!
  • jugar
    Options
    Hello Teams! The September Habit Tracker is up and ready to go. Please follow the steps at
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10898549/habit-tracker-september-2023#latest
    and enjoy keeping up with your commitments!
  • jugar
    Options
    The September team chat is up and running! Please continue to weigh in and post stats here through Saturday. Go to the new month to (re)introduce yourself, set goals and intentions for the month, and get ready to crush them!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10898552/waistaways-team-chat-september-2023#latest
  • jugar
    Options
    Last weigh-ins of the week and the month! Here we go:

@PlaneMonkey
    @Antonia2050
    @Pearl4686
    @IDebraK
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @zankash23
    @veronica1359

Thanks!