Shape Shifters Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
edited October 2023 in Social Groups
dqgdkmup4eik.png
Here is your Team chat room for September 2023. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @JaysFan82
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods & @cleaneater80
Shape Shifters - @Sbus12 and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The Septemberchallenge runs for 4 weeks, from September 3 - 30. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    97xyy0hnshm0.jpg
    FAQ for New Shape Shifters Members

How do I post my weigh in?

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

Where is the Weigh in stats spreadsheet?
    Start at the Fat2Fit Main Page and under the header information, you’ll see a section at the bottom that says “TO ACCESS THE SPREADSHEETS FOR JANUARY CLICK HERE” followed by the link in blue. Once you click on that link, it will take you to the Summary page. Find Shape Shifters on the tabs at the bottom and click on that and that brings you to the stats page. Also on this page (scrolling down), you’ll find the Step Challenge chart as well. This is where we record your daily steps if you sign up to be part of the monthly step challenge. More info on how to sign up is below! Join us!

How often should I post in the chatroom?

Whenever you have a question, suggestion, story, news announcement or just want to brighten someone's day!! There's never too much...and please share recipes, tips, laughs, challenges, cartoons, pictures of your pets, pictures from walks you've taken, etc...we love it all!!

What if I have to be out of town during my weigh in?

Send a message to one of the Captains (JessicaKrall8 or Pupowl) in the chatroom or in a private message on MFP's mail and let her know your circumstance...if it's just for a week or two, you can be excused from the weigh-in. If you must leave for longer than a month, you may be moved to our support team until you return. When you're ready to come back, send another message and the MODS will move you back to active status.

What happens if I miss a weigh in?

If you're late, you'll be marked as LWI (late weigh in). If you fail to report in at all, you'll be labeled as NWI (no weigh in). After two NWIs, you're put on the drop list if no explanation has been provided. It's always best to let your Captain know what's going on and she'll make sure you're covered.

How do I sign up for the Step Challenge?

Send the Captains a message that you'd like to join, provide your daily step goal and tell her your favorite place to walk. It's that simple! Please be aware though, you're making a commitment to post your steps every 2-3 days, which helps the Captains keep the stats caught up. If you're not willing to do this, please do not sign up. (THANKS!!)

Do I have to re-register each month to remain part of Team Shape Shifters?

No, your membership will carry over month to month. The only place where this is NOT true is for the Step Challenge. You have to sign up each month to participate in it and this gives you the opportunity to adjust your daily step goal.

If I've missed anything or questions arise, just post them! We'll find the information you need as much as possible! Hope this helps!

Welcome!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    The Sep Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Sep 3rd. I hope you will join us for the Majors & Minors Challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10898679/sep-week-1-group-challenge-majors-minors#latest

I hope to see you in the chat thread...bring a friend!
    Jessica :blush:
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    LaurieWrobo
    6,000 steps
    Walk around my neighborhood
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    I walked again on Friday, still loving my shoes. Not much to see. Seems like all the wildlife and the birds have vanished. The sun was a bit muted which was nice. The open part in the walk always gives me a headache when it is sunny. Saturday I was very tired and grumpy. I was hoping we were done with the warm weather, but next week there will be 5 days in a row over 28 degrees (83F). I am just so sick and tired of the sun. Give me gray days that are cold enough so I can wear my oversized hoodie and drink tea and cuddle with Tinus on my lap! Often when I am mad about something, I use that to clean, lol. So I cleaned my bedroom, washed my bedsheets, did more laundry and pulled some weeds in the garden. The garden is another point of frustration though. I just can't keep up with it and it looks like a mess again. I need to redo the whole area I bought new plants for. Maybe try to do more in pots or something. It will be a worry for next spring.
    dat2nr7pi4n7.jpg
    i3263rlam98t.jpg
    v83406wc9qbf.jpg
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    It's the beginning of a new month, making it the perfect time to set some new goals.

-Run 100 miles (I have done 8miles in September so far)
    -Strength training 3x/week (body weight, resistance band type things
    -10,000 steps/day
    -Drink a half gallon of water daily
    -Log all food

August was a rough month for me, but it's time to recommit and push myself a little more. I'll try to remember to check back in with you all about how my goals are going!
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Can I get in on the step challenge please?
    My goal is 10,000 steps.
    My favorite (or at least the most frequent) place to walk is around the park with my boys.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Fridays
    Previous weight-180.2
    Current weight-180.6

Sorry, I forgot to post this the other day. We've been super short at work. And I've been picking up almost every day.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 9/1: 11,341
    Sat 9/2: 12,316
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    looneycatblue
    Wk 4 - Sun, Sep 3
    PW: 172.2
    CW: 171.0
    Gain/Loss: -1.2

HW: 182.2
    SW: 178.8 (started with beg May 2023)
    Month 1, May 2023 - End wt = 176.0: loss 2.8
    Month 2, Jun 2023 - End wt = 175.0: loss 1.0
    Month 3, Jul 2023 - End Wt = 172.2: loss 2.8
    Month 4, Aug 2023 - End Wt = 172.2: no change
    Month 5, Sep 2023 - Gain/Loss MTD = loss 1.2
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    Sep - Steps goal 8000:
    Teresa
    9/1 8,608
    9/2 3,818
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Steps
    9/2 9,522
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Sunday steps 5942.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Sunday steps 5942.

New month @Armygirlarmyof1 and as you know the step challenge requires registration renewal...got your name on the chart, but need your daily step goal for Sep and tell us your favorite places to walk this time of year please. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

yh699lb7hgrh.png
    d0dfl4gappxe.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    cksu7b1dnobb.png

By Pounds
    juha115ds89n.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    74vcf55ax1g5.png
    0xxshcjmua84.png

By Pounds
    27kikxv1a6oo.png

Team Winners
    vtdmuhy83vmo.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

jy2y4rheey96.png
    5d0k89a0z6so.png
    9a022hu5kq30.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    mpt4pn7dg43v.png

By Pounds
    x6dvhsr4vmwp.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    7mep95wdtbfg.png
    2c12ep2x4e0z.png

By Pounds
    rhuhrpw9grx1.png

Team Winners
    fmkdltqg2wc1.png
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8, ty.

When I'm feeling good, there's a trail in the woods I like to walk especially if Dinah Mite is with me
This discussion has been closed.