Shape Shifters Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 -- I'll put you in my prayers tonight and I'll catch the East Coast weather news in the morning. I hope it passes you. I'm trying to imagine temperatures that warm...holy moly that's hot. Take care of yourself extra good and keep us updated!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. It was another hot and boring day. I got some groceries but that was it. Bought a small package with salty crackers. Ate the whole thing, which wasn't the plan. Still in a defecit though and the scale agreed this morning, so I don't feel too bad about it. Happy Friday everyone <3
    September 7 numbers
    • Sleep: 9h 21m ~ 86 score
    • Steps: 15.575
    • Zone Minutes: 6
    • Calories: 1562
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    PW 202.4
    CW 202.4

9/5 15,139
    9/6 12,600
    9/7 11,697

My kids went back to school this past week. It's much quieter during the day without them here but the evenings have been busy also getting back into music and sports. This weekend I start back at hockey coaching, which I'm looking forward to.

I went for a bike ride this morning and blew out my back tire on the only short stretch of road that I have to take (the rest of my route is bike paths). I was going pretty fast and luckily I didn't fall and wasn't far from home. So I ended up getting in a 40min bike ride and a 30min walk, lol.

@jessicakrall8 oh my goodness, that is hot weather! I hope the storm doesn't come near you.

@Zaxa2021 Way to go on getting a PB on your 4 mile run! That sounds like great progress!

@armygirlof1 Hope Dinah Mite (love that name!) is recovering well! Are you getting in lots of snuggles?
  • dauntlessdivya
    dauntlessdivya Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters!

Friday weigh day:
    PW 169.53 lb
    CW 165. 89 lb

This week I watched what I ate. I did not count my calories but I am planning to do that and log in my foods starting today. My partner says I am eating too less? I don't want to go down that road. Best to count calories. As I had mentioned before, this is my first time in my weight loss journey!

I stopped eating empty calories and ate more healthy foods! Dinners are where I have been putting on. So I ate those like a bird! I miss my portion sizes but the scale every morning encouraged me.

@Pupowl I made a mistake with my current weight while registering. How do I update it? Thanks!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    @dauntlessdivya
    Only the captains can change the numbers on the spreadsheet. I have adjusted your starting weight to 169.5 and your weigh in to 165.9. We only use one decimal. Tracking your food is a good idea for sure. Nice loss!
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85 Steps for 9/7 = 4,118
    Low number of steps due to sitting for work, allergy shot during lunch break, hair cut, driving for errands - time/day flew by. Feeling sore from Wednesday's workout + trouble sleeping so I didn't push myself to get up early.
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Mindful Affirmation for Friday September 8th

Working out regularly keeps my mind sharp and my soul calm.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Whisper a prayer that Hurricane Lee heads out into the Atlantic and doesn't hit the east coast...very powerful 4-5 cat hurricane...won't know full directional cone for a few more days...

Jessica

We just had Idalia to deal with last week, so I feel your pain! I hope that Lee turns and leaves you guys alone.

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,222 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 9/5: 10,128
    Wed 9/6: 10,329
    Thu 9/7: 4,170
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,222 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    September week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday, September 8
    PW: 241.6
    CW: 241.1 ( lost 0.5 lbs; 0.21%)
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Steps
    9/7 9,630
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Friday steps 3779.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    PW 202.4
    CW 202.4

9/5 15,139
    9/6 12,600
    9/7 11,697

My kids went back to school this past week. It's much quieter during the day without them here but the evenings have been busy also getting back into music and sports. This weekend I start back at hockey coaching, which I'm looking forward to.

I went for a bike ride this morning and blew out my back tire on the only short stretch of road that I have to take (the rest of my route is bike paths). I was going pretty fast and luckily I didn't fall and wasn't far from home. So I ended up getting in a 40min bike ride and a 30min walk, lol.

@jessicakrall8 oh my goodness, that is hot weather! I hope the storm doesn't come near you.

@Zaxa2021 Way to go on getting a PB on your 4 mile run! That sounds like great progress!

@armygirlof1 Hope Dinah Mite (love that name!) is recovering well! Are you getting in lots of snuggles?

@pedal__power , yes, Dinah Mite is getting her spunk back. She's gonna be sore and I gave her some medicine when I came home from work early. Lots of snuggles for sure. And ty. Her name really fits her personality for sure
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 227
    CW: 227.5
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it’s helpful to have a reset and have some reminders. Here’s an article from Mayo Clinic which elaborates each point more thoroughly of course 😉

Weight loss: 6 strategies for success
    1. Make sure you're ready
    2. Find your inner motivation
    3. Set realistic goals
    4. Enjoy healthier foods
    5. Get active, stay active
    6. Change your perspective

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/in-depth/weight-loss/art-20047752
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    8/25-9,306
    8/26-5,641
    8/27-11,770
    8/28-17,676
    8/29-12,767
    8/30-13,519
    8/31-8,236
    9/1-12,364
    9/2-5,131