Shape Shifters Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've been meditating in the backyard on clear mornings. This morning my house cat who was out with me was playing with a baby deer. It was really funny. https://imgur.com/gallery/p69DZfj

Have felt really terrible lately, auto-immune stuff kicked up, inflammation, everything hurting etc. so today I'm on a fast. :+1: I discovered that not eating completely erases my symptoms, but it's kinda difficult as a long term strategy, lol. I hope you all like the silly cat video.

m9ujclhprk3u.png
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,153 Member
    Options
    Saturday steps 5154

@Armygirlarmyof1 Missing your weigh in from this week (Monday)...please report in...thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Whisper a prayer that Hurricane Lee heads out into the Atlantic and doesn't hit the east coast...very powerful 4-5 cat hurricane...won't know full directional cone for a few more days...

Jessica

We just had Idalia to deal with last week, so I feel your pain! I hope that Lee turns and leaves you guys alone.

@Becoming_A_Butterfly Hope you didn't have much damage with the storm! So far, looks like Lee is still supposed to head out deeper into the Atlantic. Won't know for sure until Tuesday of this coming week.

Hey, FYI...don't forget to post your weigh-in from today...thanks again for your note.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @lacatgirl What day each week do you want to have as your weigh-in day please? Don't see it in the chart...and go ahead and report your weigh-in for this week as well, please. Went back to your registration page, but I don't even see a starting weight for you. We need all of this information to get you listed in the spreadsheet. Get back to me ASAP and welcome to our team!!

Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    The new group challenge for Sep Week 2 is posted and ready to begin on Sunday, 9/10/23. Hope you'll join us for Back to Basics! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10899123/sep-week-2-group-challenge-back-to-basics/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread! Have a great week!
    Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8, lots of prayers up gf. I hope you can send it packing soon.

Crap!! Ik I forgot to post something this week.
    Pw. 235.2
    Cw 235.2
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 178 on 9/4

Hi All, I thought I had posted but couldnt find it so maybe I did not hit enter!

I have been struggling with getting back on track and I am really hopeful this does the trick. I have had much success with MFP in the past.

I will try to post every day to keep myself focused.

My daily calorie goal is 1200 and my goal is 30 minutes of exercise a day - today was only 15 but it is a start!

Loren
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @lacatgirl Welcome to the group. I hope you find it helpful. Everyone picks their own weigh in day as Jessica stated, so please let us know which day you would like to weigh in for the group. Your highest weight would also be nice to know. Good luck!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,672 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Two more days of this horrible heat and then I can hopefully breathe and walk again. Not much to say otherwise, trying to stay relaxed and not get upset with the weather, because that isn't helping. Very glad I still sleep okay. Happy Sunday everyone <3
    September 9 numbers
    • Sleep: 9h 9m ~ 89 score
    • Steps: 17.748
    • Zone Minutes: 19
    • Calories: 1357
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,306 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Team! Apologies for not popping in yesterday. I ended up having to do some OT at work and when I got home, finished my exercise for the day and wasn't feeling well. I emailed @pupowl and let her know I wouldn't be on until today.

I had looked forward all week to getting up and walking at 8 am...working on a badge for Garmin that requires a 3 mile walk, so my goal was to do another 5k (3.1 miles). Sent a challenge to my friends who are also Garmin challenge fanatics @frankwbrown @izzyred9400 and @lauriewrobo and they joined me to do that walk sometime today as well. Well, due to yesterday, a very challenging week and this stupid cold that is hanging on (cough remains), I woke up dragging and overslept this morning. Today's walk was tough, but I did it...pace wasn't great, nor was my finishing time...last time (Aug) I did 3.6 miles in and hour and a few minutes...this time it was 3.2 miles and took me an hour and 23 minutes. Can't wait to hear how Frank, Laurie and Izzy did...hang in there guys! Thanks for joining me for the party! :smiley:

I'm headed to go lie down now for a while...just going to rest the rest of today. It's raining outside anyway, so wasn't going anywhere...need to do a few things around the house...just finished the trash and the dishes...will do everything else a little bit at a time. Enjoy your weekend!
    Jessica
    Congrats on getting your Weekend Walking badge, not to mention your 20 Activities badge.
    ivgllom4ju4r.png
    I managed a 3.43 miles walk yesterday for the badge, but I fell short of my 10k step goal anyway. And I had to just chill today due to my sore back, so this week's steps will be much lower than usual. I don't know how long it'll be before I'm able to resume my normal activities, and unfortunately that lack of exercise has been replaced with excessive snacking.
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    @lacatgirl thanks for sharing! As I read your last post, I felt I could’ve written half of that myself – it was so familiar! When I was on weight watchers, I was very successful at losing weight, but I also started to lose my hair, which told me I was too low in my calories. I was monitoring my thyroid levels, so I know it wasn’t thyroid, it was calories and nutrition.
    I am discovering that I need to have the right portion of macros for my body to still lose weight and feel satisfied. I don’t actually keep track of the macro nutrients, but I mentally consider them every time I choose a meal, and I always try to choose higher protein and lower carbs, but I make sure I still get carbs in there.
    Since all of our bodies do not work on a one size fit all approach– we each have to do the work to figure out what works best for ours and that trial and error is not always fun with the scale.
    Looking forward to seeing great results from you!
  • Sbus12
    Options
    Day 2, let’s go!

My goal this weekend is
    1-to record food for both Saturday and Sunday and no mindless eating. I will be accountable for everything I chose to eat.—completed for Saturday!!
    2-total of 1hr of walking each day
    Did a one hour bike ride and some walking!
  • Sbus12
    Options
    Keep your eye on the bigger goal—don’t get bogged down or detoured by daily stumbling blocks! (Daily reminder I can use!)
    bj14ir2emww0.jpeg
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    For those of you who have been struggling, are new to the team or just want to track something simple for the week, I encourage you to pop over to the Sep Week 2 Group Challenge...this week is "BACK TO BASICS"...concentrating on tracking nutrition, exercise and water intake...you post your plan and then report in each day as to how your day went. Nothing fancy, just planning, executing your plan and enjoying your success! Link was posted above on Saturday evening.

The Group Challenges change each week and gives you one more little boost of support.
    Jessica
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

x8k3ayqe29co.png
    k1pmst7t7nne.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    km3909cw8ucv.png

By Pounds
    9jiy87n3nlzs.png