Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    Steps are questionable for me tomorrow, due to the arrival of Hurricane Lee. Although it will probably be downgraded to a nor'easter by the time it arrives, there will still be flooding, power outages, and property damage. I'm in a mobile home, so I'll be fretting until it's passed.
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @steffibabiie- I love your workout space. It's awesome you have a space set up and ready for working out. I have been doing resistance bands too and I enjoy them. How about you?

@trooworld- I Love your phase. It's what I needed to hear today. Thanks.

Got my workout in yesterday even though I had to stop on my treadmill because it started making a sad noise. I finished cardio with dancing and I enjoyed it so much more then the treadmill. I have a plan for dinner tonight Salmon, rice and broccoli. Sounds boring but it taste so good especially the way my husband makes the rice. Just need to get in my cardio. I hope everyone's Friday is going well and bring on the weekend.
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @865jessica I haven't done too many yet, the resistance band that was sent with the bench is way too light of a resistance, so I've ordered some new ones. They should be here early next week! What type of exercises do you do with them? I definitely need to watch some videos and follow along with something I think at first.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options

@Cornanda Hugs my friend, sounds like time to do some soul searching on that. I'd imagine it's hard not living alone and I believe you want to be healthier as you're still here trying. Would NOT worrying about it for a bit help? When I'm feeling real bad I honestly can't handle any more stress sometimes so the extra pressure is too much to put on myself. Anyhow I hope you get to the bottom of it.

@steffibabiie I love that step so much especially that you can make it a weight bench too, very cool!

@trooworld Have a great time with your SIL, that should be fun! Pie is hard to say no to, I hope it was really good.

@vegan4lyfe2012Wow you sound very busy, have fun with the family! Let me know what you think of The Nun II, I'm tempted to go by myself to see it.

@micaroo4 Oh no be safe, that would be very scary and especially in a mobile home, prayers for you and your area.

@865jessica Oh no I hope your treadmill is ok! Yum salmon is the best, enjoy your dinner! Check out YouTube, there's a lot of band videos on there, I think HASFit has some. I use a booty band the most for seated legs but have some arm ones in my playlist if you'd like them.

Hi friends! I slept only about an hour last night, worked out this morning, then went to the greenhouse and was going to do a little extra when a neighbor texted that my garage door was open and I hadn't locked the door to the garage so I rushed home and made sure no one stole my kitties (of course they were fine). I returned the seeds then came home and took a nap, I planned stuff in the house and yard but am not up for it so I'll probably get in the tub and read for a bit soon. I called the surgeon's office and they left early so I couldn't schedule my appointment, super frustrating. I mouthed off about them needing a fax machine that actually receives faxes so I'm trying not to be even more annoying. My friend wanted to go to an ice cream hop with a car show tonight but I'm having headaches all the time now and it makes me grumpy so I'm staying home where I can't get in too much trouble. Have an awesome Saturday! Doing good on no junk this week thank goodness.
  • 865jessica
    Options
    @steffibabiie- I use them for arm and posture like lat pulldowns, pull-aparts, shoulder presses. I also use them for my hips- clams, reverse clams, leg lifts and side steps. I have tried some core exercises with them as well but not part of my normal routine.
  • 865jessica
    Options
    Weigh in - Saturday
    PW-257.8
    CW-258.4
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    PW: 128.0
    CW: 127.8

• tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 205.9
    CW 205.1
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 257
    CW: 255

I celebrated my birthday with family and wore the mask. :p I'm so glad I did! Nothing like family!
    I feel great so whatever I had is gone. Praise God! o:) Let's make it a great day!!

Let's go get it! B)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 THANK YOU SO MUCH for the special birthday card and the fun National Breakfast Month card! They are both so beautiful, I just love them. I am going to take these to my office and put them on my desk to brighten my day! That was so thoughtful of you, Jennifer! <3<3<3 Wow, that does sound like a busy, long day but I hope you have fun. Let me know how the Nun II is. I want to see it.

@micaroo4 I hope you stay safe with no property damage. Wow, that picture is amazing!

@865jessica Thank you! I'm glad it helped you. <3 Yay for your workout! Your dinner sounds healthy and yummy. I love salmon.

@Katmary71 Thank you, it was fun! The pie, unfortunately, was really good lol. An hour's sleep??? Oh my dear, that's terrible. I'm glad you got a nap in. I'm sorry for your headaches, is it related to everything else? That's great you are doing well with no junk.

@tammymccrady6278 Congrats on the loss!

@askewcr Happy belated birthday and congrats on the loss!

@gemwolf110 Congrats on the loss, yes it did!

Hi all. I had a great time last night at the wine bar with my sis-in-law. We had some appetizers which served as my dinner but I didn't go overboard. I brought a bottle of wine home with me which I will enjoy sometime in the future. I'm going to my stretch class this morning which I may regret: I have a headache. :( Funny story: we live on a canyon so I bought my husband and I each a pair of binoculars to bird watch. My husband used his once and then lost them somewhere in the house. :( I want to go bird watching tomorrow but can't go unless we find those binoculars. Tonight is a splurge meal: chicken alfredo fettucine and homemade sangria.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • makanacapellocullen
    Options
    Weigh in - Saturday
    PW-301.1
    CW-299.6
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    The Sep Week 3 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Sep 17th. Please join us for a discussion on Emotional Eating. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10899580/sep-week-3-group-challenge-emotional-eating#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 I'm glad to hear your area shouldn't be too bad, absollutely gorgeous photo!

@askewcr I'm so glad you got to celebrate your birthday, happy birthday!

@trooworld Headaches are from the neck problems. Sounds like yo udid a great job eating well and and doing great with starting the day with a stretching class. Yum enjoy the splurge meal, you make the best recipes!

@makanacapellocullen Congratulations on being out of the 300s, awesome accomplishment!

Hi friends! I took my night meds early last night and fell asleep around 8, I woke up during the night because the light was off this morning but didn't wake again until my alarm went off at 6 so the extra half sleeping pill helped thank goodness. I went to the farm and peeled garlic, we moved my chair and stuff in the sun so I got to be around everyone while having my legs up on a second chair. Got some fruit at the farmer's market and some plants there and my fav nursery but think I'll get them in tomorrow since I'm real worn out. My neighbor stopped by with her grandpup who is about 5lbs, she walked in the house and Jasper rushed up to her and my neighbor ran out the door with the dog so we talked in the front with Jasper peering through the window trying to figure out what the deal is with the tiny creature. She brought me some books as well so I'm off to water the garden then get in the tub with a book. Have a great Sunday! Another good “no junk” day!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 228
    CW 228
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Another good "no junk" day for me too! This No Junk Food Challenge has been really good for me. I think it came at just the right time, and I turned it into a Sugar Free September Challenge. It's a plan that I'm going to continue going forward. Stopping the sugar puts an end to sugar cravings after only a few days. Eating sugar doesn't satisfy my sweet tooth, it just triggers me to eat more sugar. So no more. It's just easier that way.
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    username davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:264.3
    Cw:264.5
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    WI Sunday
    PW 195
    CW 195

No change this week. I’m on the struggle bus! Between my husband and his recovery, now my youngest has come down with what has been going around school.

I am wore out, burnt out and zombified. I’m almost getting my 10k steps in daily but still not back to work outs. My meals are hit and miss with carbs. Carbs just ruin losing for me but these days I’m just trying to keep up with some type of meal for everyone.

I’m determined to be back on track fully, soon.

Off to continue catching up on reading past posts.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - Thank you, THANK YOU for the lovely avacado toast card! It is so cute. I love how I can make the toast pop up! It's on my desk and will bring me lots of smiles.

Lisa
This discussion has been closed.