Downsizers Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

The last few days I've been feeling really sick, with an upset stomach and lack of energy. Could I please be excused from my next weigh-in day on Saturday 23rd, so I can take some time to rest and recuperate. Just need to concentrate on getting better.

Thank you,
    Karly

P.S @Slimmersixties Love the jar idea! Once I'm feeling better, I'll have to give it a try.

Have a great week everyone,

Sickness and upset stomach = less food and more weight loss! I'd be looking forward to this week's weigh in!
  • KarlysFreedom
    KarlysFreedom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    @Slimmersixties wrote

"Sickness and upset stomach = less food and more weight loss! I'd be looking forward to this week's weigh in!"

You're probably right! lack of food does equal more weight loss. Not the best way to lose weight, but a loss is a loss. I'll go ahead and Weigh-In on Saturday. We'll see what not eating does!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,527 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

The last few days I've been feeling really sick, with an upset stomach and lack of energy. Could I please be excused from my next weigh-in day on Saturday 23rd, so I can take some time to rest and recuperate. Just need to concentrate on getting better.

Thank you,
    Karly

P.S @Slimmersixties Love the jar idea! Once I'm feeling better, I'll have to give it a try.

Have a great week everyone,

Hope you feel better soon. I see from a post that you will be weighing in.
    itladyee wrote: »
    Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

9/17 5,581
    9/18 8,555 *Back on my treadmill each morning!
    9/19
    9/20
    9/21
    9/22
    9/23

Great job!
    Stacimfit wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I am so sick! Fever, body aches, chills, sore throat, teeth and head hurts. Right when I start to up my steps again. I feel like something keeps dragging me down everytime I go to focus on me. I need some positive vibes please. I hope all of you are doing well and staying away from the flu bug.

Sorry you are feeling sick. Sending you lots of post vibes.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 :'(<3

@lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    PW 240.6
    CW 235.8

Fantastic weight loss! You have beef on a downward trend for a while. Keep it up.

• KarlysFreedom
    KarlysFreedom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Yes, I decided I can still rest and post my weight on my weigh-in day.

Thanks, Karly 😃
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 4,509
    Swim: ***
    Mini Walk: 2/5

I have been dealing with pain in the lower left side of my stomach since before I went to Vegas. It was annoying but It has got a lot more intense since Sunday. Finally gave in and made a doctors appointment. I see her Monday. I will head to urgent care if it gets worse before then. I am going to stick with mini walks in the apartment until it settles down. So for this week I will switch my goal to 5 days of mini walks.

Hope everyone is having an amazing day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,239 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    jvv6eiygkv6c.jpg

SEPTEMBER WEEK 2 RESULTS
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Hotspur11 - 89,460 steps
    2nd @laquita606- 79,895 steps
    3rd @Learningmoments -77,560 steps
    4th @Slimmersixties - 70,678 steps
    5th @Mama530 - 57,300 steps
    TERRIFIC JOB EVERYONE :):):)
    As A Group We walked 631,212 steps
    WELL DONE EVERYBODY :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS

@lindamtuck2018 7/7
    @itladyee 1/7
    @Mama530 2/7
    @Stacimfit 7/7
    @adianeschu 5/7
    @Hotspur11 7/7
    @RoblinB 7/7
    @laquita606 5/7
    @Slimmersixties 7/7
    @Learningmoments 7/7
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    @NachDeezy
    Thank ya!

@lindamtuck2018
    I know, it feels great! :)
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I had to lower steps & stairs this week. I had relatives come down. It broke a long streak, but we had a wonderful time.

MFP User Name - Learningmoments
    Commitment for Week - 40,000
    Tracking Type - Miles or Steps: steps

Saturday -11325
    Sunday -3479
    Monday -3581
    Tuesday -4596
    Wednesday -10058
    Thursday -
    Friday -
    Total:

Commitment for Week - 60
    Tracking Type - floors
    Saturday -22
    Sunday -7
    Monday -4
    Tuesday -3
    Wednesday -16
    Thursday -
    Friday -
    Total:
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    @Slimmersixties wrote

"Sickness and upset stomach = less food and more weight loss! I'd be looking forward to this week's weigh in!"

You're probably right! lack of food does equal more weight loss. Not the best way to lose weight, but a loss is a loss. I'll go ahead and Weigh-In on Saturday. We'll see what not eating does!!

Good choice! I find if i remove the "threat" of weighing in, it can head to some very bad food choices! Hope you're feeling better soon x
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 :'(<3

@lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    PW 240.6
    CW 235.8

Wow Fantastic loss! Well done
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 4,218
    Mini Walk: 3/4

I ended up with 25 minutes of walking. My stomach hurts more when I move. I am going to the after hours clinic tonight as I don’t think I should wait until Monday.

I signed up for a seminar yesterday with the arthritis society. It is called Arthritis Talks: The vital role of nutrition in Arthritis Management. It is run by a rheumatologist and a dietitian. If you have arthritis check out the Arthritis Society of Canada. I am not sure if you can join from the website but they have wonderful resources especially if you live in Ontario. They offer physiotherapists, occupational therapists, Social workers and more.
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    SW - 630
    PW - 498.4
    CW - 492.8

5.6 down and a ton to go.. solid week. Going to do a couple of virtual 3ks to get myself in the steady groove after murdering myself with that 5k. Was awesome to know I had it in me, but now I have to work up to making it the norm.

Hope yall are well - Much love <3
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,239 Member
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 498.4
    CW - 492.8

5.6 down and a ton to go.. solid week. Going to do a couple of virtual 3ks to get myself in the steady groove after murdering myself with that 5k. Was awesome to know I had it in me, but now I have to work up to making it the norm.

Another awesome loss ....Congrats Nacho ...Very proud of you :)
  • whitfcan
    whitfcan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

PW:159 lb
    CW: 159.2 lb

Oddly enough, when I weighed myself first thing this morning, the scale indicated a 2 lb weight gain!? I panicked, did a strict fast all day, consuming nothing but water, and weighed myself again when I returned home from working 8 hrs. Now, my weight has dropped by almost 2 lbs!? I'm so confused by this body of mine...😢😓
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Friday weigh in

Slimmer sixties

Cw 190.2
    Pw 191.1

Loss... .9lb

4 days ago i was 2.9lb down then i increased my daily water and 2lb came back! I've played this game long enough to not let it knock me off track. Down is down :)
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    aneedlecraft
    Friday Check in
    PW: 318
    CW: 317

NSV: I brought a bag of salad greens, a container of shredded chicken and a bottle of my favorite salad dressing to work yesterday. I mixed some together in a bowl for lunch, but left the rest in my mini fridge to have over the next few days. Much more noticeable & easy to remember than buried in a fridge drawer at home.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Sorry to hear. Hugs & prayers that you get some lasting healing soon.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited September 2023
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 498.4
    CW - 492.8

Fantastic loss! Yes build yourself up so not to prevent injury.
    whitfcan wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

PW:159 lb
    CW: 159.2 lb

Oddly enough, when I weighed myself first thing this morning, the scale indicated a 2 lb weight gain!? I panicked, did a strict fast all day, consuming nothing but water, and weighed myself again when I returned home from working 8 hrs. Now, my weight has dropped by almost 2 lbs!? I'm so confused by this body of mine...😢😓

The joys of the scale. Our weight can fluctuate throughout the day depending on what we eat, bathroom breaks, etc.
    Friday weigh in

Slimmer sixties

Cw 190.2
    Pw 191.1

Loss... .9lb

4 days ago i was 2.9lb down then i increased my daily water and 2lb came back! I've played this game long enough to not let it knock me off track. Down is down :)

Nice loss! Those 180’s are calling your name.

aneedlecraft
    Friday Check in
    PW: 318
    CW: 317

NSV: I brought a bag of salad greens, a container of shredded chicken and a bottle of my favorite salad dressing to work yesterday. I mixed some together in a bowl for lunch, but left the rest in my mini fridge to have over the next few days. Much more noticeable & easy to remember than buried in a fridge drawer at home.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Sorry to hear. Hugs & prayers that you get some lasting healing soon.

Congrats on the loss and your NSV.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 3,434
    Mini Walk: 3/4

PW 172.2
    CW 169.4

While I am happy about breaking into a new decade I know it’s because I haven’t been eating much because of the pain in my lower left stomach. I see my doctor again on Monday and if things haven’t settled down I will have to go on antibiotics.

Happy FriYAY!
This discussion has been closed.