Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 178.5
    CW: 176.8

• 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71- Thanks!
    @steffibabiie- Pulled pork burgers sound delicious. I never though of putting apples in coleslaw. I'm going to have to give that a try.
    @megnolia82- I'm happy your test results were negative. I know how stressful and painful it can be trying to fix your gut health.

Yesterday was kind of a free for all with food. Going to get back to my yummy salads for lunch and back off the snacking. I'm a grazer and love my snacks but working on having well balanced meals with high protein. I use to feel horrible for eating so off track and would feel like I need to punish myself. But not feeling it this time just reminding myself I'm a work in progress and slow and steady wins the race.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Good morning :)

I broke up with my Fitbit. I’ve had one for 4 or 5 years. They don’t last very long, and it’s another thing to worry about charging. This one (the inspire) is 2 years old and it won’t charge to 100%, dies in 48 hours and developed lines in weird places. All I need is a watch. The steps are nice but I wasn’t really doing anything with them.

So I bought myself a trusty timex Ironman. The batteries of my last one kept running for maybe 10 years. Can’t beat that lol :)
    So now I have to get used to moving my wrist normally. I’ve got in the habit of flicking it extra hard to wake up the Fitbit screen 😂

Today’s tea: pumpkin chai. I’m embracing autumn :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    Trooworld
    Fridays
    PW: 229.0
    CW: 228.8

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @Neon_Ninja Thanks! LOL yeah, our other pug is named Daisy so we thought Violet would be a good name for the demon pug lol. Have a great day!

@Katmary71 I know I would! I wish I did, too. Yes, today is working from home, I love it! Yes, I wondered if I should put that hamburger in that image lol. Did you have fun with your neighbor and the pup?

@steffibabiie I love pulled pork. Interesting that you call anything on a bun a "burger"! Sandwiches is what we call them, yes. That was a good idea to add apples and white wine vinegar, way to think outside the box!

@megnolia82 Oh that's great! So how do you rebuild it? Take probiotics/prebiotics? Enjoy the retreat! I broke up with Fitbit last year, I still have something to charge (Samsung Watch5) but I like it better. Yum, pumpkin chai sounds amazing!

@DrewsAnna Yeah canning sounds like a lot of work lol. Enjoy the long walk with your best buddy.

@Cornanda Nice loss, Lisa! How are you?

Hi all. I am getting my hair drastically cut tonight: I'm going back to a bob. My hair is currently just below my shoulders and I am sick of just putting it up in a ponytail. I got some ahi tuna steaks from Sam's Club last weekend and that's what's for dinner: seared ahi tuna steaks + skillet sauteed green beans.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:264.3
    CW:269.4
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,972 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 - Pumpkin Chai! Love it! I also have some pumpkin spice rooibos that I got from Trader Joe's last night. Looking forward to trying it!

As for fitbit, I've had my Fitbit Zip since Christmas of 2015, and it's never let me down. It does take a replaceable battery, not rechargeable. I know that Fitbit as we know it is going to end sometime in early 2025. Not sure what I will do. My phone tracks my steps without any other device, and it's generally within 2% of the Fitbit step count. But I love that Fitbit links to MFP as well as some other sites, and I don't know how I will be able to use those sites if I don't have a tracker that links. I'm sure I can live without it (as I did before Christmas of 2015).
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @steffibabiie Yum your burgers and coleslaw sound great! Apples are so good in it.

@megnolia82 That’s great news, I’m so glad to hear that! The retreat sounds amazing, probably a good call on not having too wild of food while you’re gone. Yummy tea!

@DrewsAnna Yum your tomato sauce sounds awesome! LOL I always say next year I won’t do as much but I’m so happy when spring comes I overdo it again. Have fun walking! That’s great news your husband liked the healthier Hamburger Helper!

@865jessica I like how you’re viewing your food, I think we DO get used to thinking of it as punishment when we really need to learn a good balance. You got this!

@trooworld Wow you’ll have to post the pic of your hair, can’t wait to see it! Yum on your dinner!
    @micaroo4 I didn’t know Fitbit is ending, what is the company going to do?

Hi friends! Didn’t get much sleep last night but today’s main goal was resting aside of my workout. I’m going to spend a bit of time in the garden tonight cutting back the tomatoes, I’d planted green beans in the grow bags with the tomatoes but would like to dump out all the potting mix to grow cover crops in and my green bean idea is going to prevent that. I’m adding a pic of my cats staring out the back door to the deck watching my neighbor, her grandpup Frannie, and I having dinner. Needless to say they were very jealous of her! They reminded me of The Shining twins.56c8gfu56n8f.jpg
    Have a great Saturday gang!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just a quick check in from the retreat.
    Tonight there was a quite funny magician and a lip sync battle. It wasn’t quite as funny as last year when I had about 8 glasses of wine but it was a fun evening ;)

I did well with dinner, taking what I know I can digest (rice and salad greens) and skipping dessert and naan and the butter chicken sauce. It’s a blessing that my gut healthy eating habits align with my weight loss eating habits. Ready for a good day tomorrow!

Sweet dreams :)

Oh! @trooworld yes, exactly! I take probiotics - there’s one that’s highly recommended for c diff. It’s almost $1 a pill and I take 4 a day. I tapered down to one a day but then I had a recurrence so I need to find the sweet spot. I also eat buttloads of kimchi, unpasteurized sauerkraut, water kefir and kombucha. Some people thing it’s not helpful. I did feel good on them. I am interested to know what the GI has to say. They are all super expensive but if it helps prevent another relapse, I’ll keep at it.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 Are they doing away with fitbit? Am I missing something? Hhmmm..... I'm gonna have to check into this.

@Katmary71 Awh, I love your cats.

Well, today was the last day of summer. For us "Fall" is crashing in. Lol.... rain for the unforeseeable future. That's the price to live in a very beautiful state.

Chipper and I both enjoyed our walk today. I live on top of a very steep hill, so if you go down, the only way home is up. Lol, we walked up and down those hills for 3.5 miles. We both were wore out. It was a nice to get out walking.

Y'all have a great evening.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,972 Member
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    PW: 127.8
    CW: 128.2

Maintaining in my goal range of 127-133
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @865jessica - that's a very healthy attitude about food- Go You!

@megnolia82 - you are also doing great with food and lots of other things too. :)

@trooworld - Hi!!!! Doing fine here. Watching Gus try his best to get my DH to pay attention to him. Please post a pic of your haircut.

@Katmary71 - Love the pic of your spooky, angry cats!

@DrewsAnna - hilly walks are great exercise and fun when you take your best pal with you.

FitBit debate- I've had good luck with mine. Both are still working. I'm going to be disappointed if they get rid of them. I like having a semi smart watch, but I don't want to pay smart watch prices.

No big plans for the weekend except watching some football on Sunday. The weather has finally cooled off a bit here. I think I will be able to sit outside and read.

Lisa

• tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 205.1
    CW 204.6
    Total loss to date 44.4
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW- 258.4
    CW- 254.6
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 228
    CW 224
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Bethanie082
    Day - Friday
    PW - 261
    CW - 261

Glad yesterday was my weigh day bc I thought Mac and cheese would be a great side dish for dinner last night. I woke up to a 5lbs gain and swollen hands. Good times 😂
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 211.6
    Todays Weight: 214.2
This discussion has been closed.