Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 @neon_ninja thank you both! Since it's only a short stay this time, I'll go with my gut and eat what everyone else is eating. Maybe when she's here longer over Christmas I may try some creative alternatives like zoodles. Last time I did spaghetti I actually also made a side of ratatouille and I had that, she had a bit of both, my partner and daughter didn't touch it as they can't stand zucchini. She knows I don't really love spaghetti and I only make it because it's her favourite.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Wednesday
    PW 155.9
    CW 157.7

@trooworld Happy Birthday pyt75bdddhc1.gif

I knew my weigh in wouldn't be good, on the bright side though, I lost 1" off my waist. So, good & bad??? Lol... and I almost forgot to come check in.

After a day of shopping at Costco, I came home wiped out and I fell asleep, thank goodness I had some leftover spaghetti in the fridge. For lunch I had 1/2 a chicken bake, I haven't had one of those in forever.

For some reason I'm still really tired. Y'all have a great evening!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @Neon_Ninja Congrats on the loss! Thank you.

@badnoodle I love the story behind your name! Congrats on your success.

@AJV2688 I've got over 7,000 recipes in my collection so if you ever need a new one, let me know what you are looking for!

@steffibabiie How about making spaghetti squash bolognese? Replacing the pasta with squash. It's delicious! I see what you mean about sending a message. I think it sends a good message that you are making it semi-healthy: it says, "nothing has to be black or white"...the sauce is probably higher calorie so that's still the "less healthy" part. Brava to you for wanting to help "O". I'm glad you are keeping an eye on things.

@DaveJ_43 Welcome to the team!

@19shmoo69 Good job, Darren!

@Katmary71 Awww, thank you. That means a lot. I hope you enjoy your day.

@DrewsAnna Thank you! I appreciate it. Congrats on the 1" off your waist, that is AWESOME!

Hi all. My intention is to check in tomorrow before we leave for Disneyland (we are going to see Mickey! Yay!). It may or may not happen. We have to leave at like 4:30-5 am tomorrow so we'll see. I did not get my Halloween decorations up yesterday, I did sort through a bunch of my clothes and get a lot together to donate to Goodwill. I will try to put the decorations up today. Have a good, healthy day all!

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • AJV2688
    AJV2688 Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I have a computer I use for writing, but I’m always on the move with a toddler during the day. So it’s easier for me to get out my phone for a minute.
    And my steps were 11k yesterday.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    The October Habit Tracker is up and running if you want to plan ahead and pick your commitments for the next month:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10900392/habit-tracker-october-2023#latest

If you choose those habits to track and doggedly follow through, you'll have the information you need to progress and/or learn where the issues are. It helps build those tenacity muscles!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,263 Member
    Options
    Hi MS..... You have another new member joining your awesome team ..Please welcome @jaybacker :)
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I don't think we have spaghetti squash here in Australia. I was actually thinking about having my parents send some seeds and trying to grow it in the veggie garden, but I'm not sure if that's legal as there are some weird laws around importing plants and seeds.
    Have fun at Disneyland! Do they have it all decked out for halloween yet?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @steffibabiie I hope it goes well, I know that age and disordered eating it would be easy to do the wrong thing unintentionally but I think your Christmas plan would be great too for options. Good luck, I admire your thoughtfulness here. I hope you can get some spaghetti squash seeds!

@DrewsAnna Yes 1” off your waist is great! Costco's exhausting I always come home wiped out too! My Mom always says it's the walking on concrete that makes her feel awful afterward but for me the size and standing in line is the hardest. It's actually good exercise because of the amount of walking.

@trooworld Have a great time at Disneyland!

@AJV2688 Great steps!

@jaybacker Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles!

Hi friends! My hairdresser texted this morning when I was at the greenhouse as he'd tested positive for Covid so we had to cancel, I still drove to that area to see my folks then back here to get a new tire as mine had a big bubble in it which made driving the mountain road to my parents stressful! I was SO tempted to do Starbucks buy 1 get 1 free fall drink today for the last Thursday of the month but I was real hungry and decided I'd rather have that 300 calories in food. My best friend comes tomorrow and we're going to go to Trader Joe's when she gets here, tomorrow's a mellow day and Saturday will be our busy one. I'm worn out today and looking forward to going to bed early! I worked out this morning too, good day overall. Have an awesome Friday and weekend!
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Well folks, I’ve fallen off the tracking wagon and ruined my good streak. I could make excuses, but there are no good reasons. Just been busy, but I still could have found time. So, I’m not sure what my calorie intake/output has been. I may be in for a rude awakening come weigh-in day. I have indulged some, but still trying to be mindful of packing lunches and making sure a lot of it is healthy. I’m sorry I haven’t been keeping up with posts either. I am going to try to get back on track. I’ve noticed since I restarted this journey in January, I’ve only lost about 12lbs. Nowhere near my goal.
    Thanks for letting me rant and express my guilt. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 245
    CW: 245
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Thursday steps 8,032
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 176.8
    CW: 177.6

+0.8
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Hey, just a morning drive by! I’m sorry I don’t have time to reply.

Hope you have a good day today everyone. I did you my belt on the smallest notch today. Time to look for a smaller belt :)
  • trooworld
    Options
    Trooworld
    Friday
    PW: 228.8
    CW: 229.8

+1.0 lbs
  • trooworld
    Options
    @AJV2688 Good job with your steps!

@jaybacker Welcome to the team!

@steffibabiie Ah ok, well that's too bad! Thank you, they do indeed have it all decked out for Halloween...I'm so excited!

@Katmary71 Thank you! Have fun with your friend. Sounds like you had a good day.

@sleepygirl79 Today is a new day, just start with the next bite, make it a healthy one. 12 lbs down is better than 12 lbs up. Hang in there.

@19shmoo69 Good job, Darren!

Hi all. I slept terribly last night, I had a headache going to bed and it didn't let up all night. Plus, I was just excited for today. We leave for Disneyland at about 5:20 am. I still need to pack for our overnight stay.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69- Way to go in getting in your steps.
    @trooworld- I'm sorry for about your bad night sleep. I hate going to bed with a headache. I hope you have a blast at Disneyland.
    @sleepygirl79- I've struggled this past week or so with my diet too. I agree with you about still trying to eat on the healthier side. You've got this!

I've gone off track with my carbs and calories for about 9 days now. I've been having several snacks along with my three meals and its pushed me over everyday by a lot. I'm struggling with getting enough protein to feel satisfied. I plan on prepping healthy options for quick snacks today instead of going for the kids snacks. What's some high protein, low calorie snacks you all like?
  • eagree
    eagree Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! Help a rookie out...I'm supposed to start in October, but Fri is my weigh in day- am I supposed to post it now? In this Sep thread? :)
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    username davidji82
    Weigh in day Friday
    PW:269.4
    CW:268.9
This discussion has been closed.