Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all those who’ve had a loss this week. 🎉

Welcome to our new members 🎊

I’m thrilled to be here with you all since January. You’ve helped me lose almost 30 lbs since then.

I’m a married mom of 3 amazing kids. I have 3 rescue dogs, they’re my crazy girls. I’m a Hoosier that’s bouncing between 2 countries, living the expat life.

My plan is low carb, no breads, pasta, rice (usually), 30 minutes cycling, strength training and 10k steps daily. Some days are better than others but I keep it going.

I’ve had some health issues these last 6 years and it’s been full of ups and downs but I’m feeling on the up now even with some craziness I must manage with.

Enjoy the October challenge. We’re a great team and I feel this is our month 😊
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

cf45sg16wxkt.png
    cnx0t07g4yq6.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    m6q4a13ggcpa.png

By Pounds
    0k1d5vz70l2e.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    2hhb2k3ghkbo.png
    pnpctu90dz44.png

By Pounds
    u3v2itvhm0jc.png

Team Winners
    ipzodtdtj191.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

3k27gmtuece2.png
    7uqh6xentgwo.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    7uuzftobz5hb.png

By Pounds
    rwdnropk0pm3.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    c0f11ipu2apu.png
    xpreiokdyns4.png
    u9ay31s3tqg3.png

By Pounds
    dupblz7c0jty.png

Team Winners
    tluw5dtg8avu.png
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    badnoodle
    Sunday weigh in
    PW: 192
    CW 189.2

Today I actually had the confidence to post a selfie showing my actual face to strangers on the internet. I have never, ever been brave enough to do that before.
  • Neon_Ninja
    Neon_Ninja Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @badnoodle : Oh, that so cool! Great NSV! I have a hard time with pictures, too. Hence, the rabbit avatar, lol.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @Trooworld Can't wait to hear about Disneyland, glad you had fun and those steps are awesome! Thank you for the adorable birthday card with an “Asher” kitty! My friend came Friday-Sunday morning and hasn't visited since my ex-boyfriend lived here so I wanted to enjoy our time together plus we did a lot of running around then tonight was going out to dinner with my family.

@865jessica Ideas on good protein: Greek yogurt with fruit after dinner sprinkled with cinnamon and a little sweetener if the yogurt is unsweetened stirred and put in the freezer for an hour is my low-calorie dessert at night, Yasso bars are another good option. A protein drink or bar. Hummus and veggies, cheese, a “pizza” of low calorie tortilla with skim mozzerrella and sliced tomatoes or tomato sauce with Trader Joe's sweet and spicy jalapenos and olives or other low cal but flavorful toppings (nonfat refried beans and cheese with hot sauce or salsa on a low cal tortilla is another good one), eggs, a chicken sausage, some bacon (not too high in calories), salad with shrimp and veggies and low cal dressing, roasted chickpeas or tofu, tuna or egg salad in lettuce wraps. Cheese isn't very high protein but for the calories a half serving of feta gives a lot of flavor.

@bethanie0825 You got this, I know steroids can pack on the lbs and as far as starting over again can I applaud you for your record of not quitting and striving to be better and healthier? Watch out for this gal, she used to beat me on step challenges in the middle of the night right before the challenge would end, she's ruthless! How frustrating not to be able to get saxenda after doing well on it, that's so frustrating.

@crhillis Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles, we're happy to have you as part of our team!

@Micaroo4 Way to go, glad you had fun and you're still in your safe zone, you got this! Thank you for the birthday wishes!

@eagree Great job on steps Erica! You'll have to share some of your favorite exercise videos and recipes with us! You have a bunch of fellow readers here as well. What are you up to in your garden? I've done fall/winter gardening at home but it's going to be the first year going year-round for the farm, I'm excited to learn from it.

@Tammymccrady6278 I'm happy you'll be posting more, great job being honest with yourself. Congratulations on going on a year this week, I agree 44lbs is amazing and you have a lot to be proud of! Your husband sounds awesome, I'm glad you have him (of course he's lucky to have you too!).

@megnolia82 Great NSV, that's wonderful! Yes you get that skirt out and strut around in it!

@elelja945 Welcome to our family, we're happy you're here!

@sleepygirl79 Awesome job tracking and getting back to it, sounds like you got a lot of exercise too!

@badnoodle Oh that lasagna sounds amazing, yum! Do you have ragweed allergies? I read somewhere that allergies around this time are usually from them. I love your exercise goals for October, sounds like the perfect time for you to join us after a tough September. I'm so glad you're becoming more confident, congratulations on posting the selfie! I didn't have a photo for a long time here and on Facebook, it wasn't until I was here for a couple years. So happy for you!

@txcritter69 Thank you! Wow that's beautiful, I'm so glad you're off soon to adventure, I hope you share lots of photos! Happy birthday to you, we have a lot of Libras in this group! Thank you, you be amazing too!

@AmbersWay We're thrilled to have had you here since January! I'm happy to hear you're feeling like you're in an upswing, Fall's a fun time to be on the right track.

Mission Slimpossibles congratulations on 2nd place team percentage results and pound results!

@Megnolia82 @Neon_Ninja @steffibabiie Great job top winners on leading the pack for the month of September and the last week and being four weeks in the green!

@Neon_Ninja LOL love that meme! Haha ironically for some reason when I put on music at the greenhouse I always end up with Sheila E's The Glamorous Life playing when I let it go randomly, pretty ironic when I'm covered in dirt in a flannel with hair in a ponytail. The farm sounds awesome to me.

Hi friends! Was out to dinner with my family tonight, Chinese food then cake and ice cream, feeling like a chubette right now yikes. I had a great birthday weekend, I'm lucky to have a lot of good friendships and close family member relationships in my life. The Fat2Fit challenge is the rainbow challenge this week, come join in it's a lot of fun! I'm planning to rest a bit tomorrow and try to make a big dent in the garden, didn't sleep well as there's a skunk that's been spraying every night so even with windows closed it wakes me up and I need some rest as the week is pretty busy.

Let's have an awesome October my friends, I'd love to see your fall photos of your area as well!
  • Neon_Ninja
    Neon_Ninja Posts: 53 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @trooworld
    @broncobuddee

Is anyone else having issues with pulling up the spreadsheets? I click on the links, but I get "Untitled" and a blank page. That goes for the tracker, too.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lisa.

Live in FL
    Grew up in WI- still have family there
    Married- long time
    2 adult kids- looking for better jobs, living here
    Mischievous pup= Gus- he's a little black Maltese mix with a big personality
    My fat story- been struggling with weight since early adulthood- many ups and downs. Been in this group for a couple years now and love the atmosphere and support!!!!!!! I've been stuck and gained some back and I'm trying to get back on the wagon.

October challenge- Put me down for 45 min of exercise daily.

Welcome New Members! Looking forward to getting to know you.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Congrats to the whole team for achieving 2nd place by percentage AND pounds for the week AND for the month of September! And a special shout-out goes to @megnolia82 @Neon_Ninja and @steffibabiie for leading the way. And congrats to @megnolia82 @steffibabiie and @Neon_Ninja for being in the green all of September. Way to go!!!

@megnolia82 @Sleepygirl79 @txcritter69 Congrats on the losses!

@elelja945 Great goal!

@Neon_Ninja I'm glad you enjoyed your first month, here's to having a great October as well! Hmmmm...I get the same thing when I try to pull up the spreadsheets. Maybe @broncobuddee can shed some light on this.

@badnoodle Congrats on the loss! Wow, what a great NSV, it's not easy to post your pic on the internet.

@tammymccrady6278 I'm glad you have support at home. 44 lbs is awesome!

@Katmary71 I forgot your BFF was coming. I'm glad you had fun. Your kitties are quite captivated by the balloons! I had a great time at Disneyland. My favorite ride was the Haunted Mansion (Holiday edition) and my least favorite most underwhelming ride was Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. The only food I bought at Disneyland was a churro--- we brought a sandwich for lunch and for dinner, I ate grilled fish, brussels sprouts and brown rice from a fast-fish place. :D I particularly picked out that card because it reminded me of Asher!

Hi all. I went to the birthday celebration yesterday. I didn't go overboard and then I didn't eat dinner. Today is work. I also would love to see the fall pictures! Please share!

Steps for yesterday: 4,479 / 7,000 (I will make it up today!)

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    Options
    @steffibabiie Congrats on making it to Onederland!

ggi39zsi0loy.jpg
  • trooworld
    Options
    @makanacapellocullen Congrats on getting into the 200s! Great dedication.

rjjtl4qd617s.png
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Spooky Fitness Challenge
    Daily steps: (8k push for 10k)

Oct 1, 12,172
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    CONGRATULATIONS to everyone that had a great week!

@trooworld Glad you had a wonderful day at Disneyland. That is some serious steppin'

@bethanie0825 I sent you a friends request on fitbit and Stridekick

@Katmary71 Thank you too!

Today I am 54, making future promises to myself for what I want to accomplish in the next year. Since joining in Feb. I have successfully lost 5 lbs and keeping it off. That does not sound like a lot, but for me it is baby steps towards my goal. This year for my Birthday wish I want to see a 10 lbs loss and keep it off. I did not gain it over night so my expectations to lose it over night are way to high 😂.

GO OUT AND BE AMAZING TODAY!
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, got in my morning walk after dropping the boys at school and got a photo of a hawk.8pv1hslaybgs.jpg
    It's nice to see the changing of the leaves start and enjoy the cool fall mornings.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Hi
    My name is 19Shmoo69.
    It's pronounced just like it's spelled.
    I know it seems unique. My parents were from Gelderland. My father would write for a living. He would write patents of nobility. My mother crafted light weight amour.
This discussion has been closed.