Airport Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,054 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday. It is Joe's last day of work at his current job. It is going to be so hard sleeping in. This morning we were up at 4:15 am. Both Joe and I had to use the bathroom and I think he is a little nervous to go in today. I hope he has a good day. Today is going to be great. I can tell. I got 2 more memberships yesterday for my job. I am at 6 for the month already. I am excited to get more. I really am. I like getting memberships.

@CSEGUIN2 - Good luck with everything. I do agree that sometimes just talking about things that have to be done cause more stress.
    @Kurtize - That sounds amazing. How did you get signed up for that?
    @Sand_TIger - Thank you for the recipe. I cannot wait to give it a go. Will possibly be making them this weekend. So if I need to tweak it I will let you know. I am not a baker. I just follow recipes. My daughter is a baker. Unfortunately we are not talking right now.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Friday,

Tabatha
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

The pumpkin muffin recipe sounds so good. I think I will have to make some soon.

Yesterday went well got perfect on my quiz but it was easy. Weigh-in at TOPS last night was not good with a gain. But it is what it is. Got my salads done for the potluck and went to bed at a decent time. Today is my final day of in class and am going into the exam with a 94. I haven't studied much but definitely confident I know more than I think I do. That's been proven the whole time. Will do some review on the bus and before class as a refresher. The teacher will see me doing that and say "It's not that big of a deal" as she always does. I know she is right but it helps to keep me calm before hand as it keeps my mind from freaking out. It's been raining here since yesterday afternoon but hope doesn't run much this afternoon as I have some errands to run before stopping by my friends.

Connie
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,191 Member
    Options
    It’s 50 feels like 50 with a high of 63 today. Insight Timer Quote: Ego sees problems; consciousness sees solutions.—Yung Pubelo. I AM: I am in charge of my life story. Action for Happiness: Remind yourself that things can change for the better. Happy World Smile Day!!! Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,099 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 220/305 mile a day this morning, 12 Week Foundations of Training W8/D5: AMRAP modified + Core Challenge W1/D5: Core modified after work and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone! It's a mostly cloudy and windy day here today. My daughter says hello to all. She's working at her part time job today. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I did my strength training workout earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk after lunch and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,433 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all, happy Friday and weekend. Getting ready for take off.
    @Tabatha_Cain- I started doing these challenges a few years ago. Got it away from it when we moved to Texas, but decided to start back up. They keep me motivated. Here is link to the challenges. They do cost money but it helps plant trees or clean plastic from ocean. The one I am doing was a special one so not sure if it is on the list.
    https://theconqueror.events

It is a little warm in mid 80's but not bad. Not too much new here. Have a great rest of the day and heading to the airport.

u2xuuamu8tli.jpg

• Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all! Hope you do enjoy the pumpkin muffin recipe - I think it's pretty forgiving and I did test it with the exact ingredients, etc. Sunny day, not getting quite as much movement as I'd like but at the same time I'm also in training for a new position since a recent transfer. Stress levels much lower at the new position so I think it all evens out. I'm enjoying Celestial Seasonings' Cinnamon Apple spice tea in the evenings, very nice way to end the day that's fall oriented. I love their caramel apple flavor too but haven't found it yet this year.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Saturday and I am thinking it will be a good day. Joe and I are going to do some grocery shopping today and we are going to get his car an oil change. We might move his motorcycle from my sisters garage up to his parents to be put up for the winter. He usually fills the tank up with fuel and puts the battery on the trickle charger over the winter to keep the battery from being dead due to the cold in the spring. He forgot to do it last winter and he had to charge his battery before being about to take it out on the road. It is suppose to rain on and off all day so I am not to keen on him driving it up the 44 minutes to his parents. I just don't feel it is safe but he has driven motorcycle long enough to know if he can handle it.

@CSEGUIN2 - That is awesome. I knew you would do well. I am sure you will do well with the final assessment. I do a last minute study too. I always have and it works for me.
    @Kurtize - I did 2 5k runs in 2022 and then stopped because I did not have time to train in 2023 due to planning my wedding. I now want to get back into jogging and stuff. Although now it is going to be super cold. So I will have to figure out different ways to get my jogging in. Thank you for the link. I went through it with my husband. We actually may do those. We bookmarked the link to come back to to sign up for one. They look really cool.
    @Sand_TIger - Congrats on the new position. Joe is a pumpkin spice diva. We have already bought 2 bags of pumpkin spice coffee so he will have it all year around. I am trying to find a way to increase my exercise. We are seriously thinking of doing the virtual challenges that Kurtize posted. It would be a great idea. My husband and I could do it together and they have one called Jesus walk which is suppose to be the same path that Jesus took on his mission walk. Obviously it is virtual so there would be an app and we would not actually be there but it looks really cool.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

Tabatha
  • cormierannie
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! It's a beautiful day here today. My daughter says hello to all. She's working at her part time job today. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I'll be going for a walk after lunch. I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • macrat12
    edited October 2023
    Options
    It’s 37 feels like 37 at 7:30 AM with a high of 61 today. Insight Timer Quote: The only lasting beauty is beauty of the heart.—Rumi I AM: I can continue forward even when I don’t see the outcome. Action of Happiness: Look for the good in people around you today. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,144 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 221/305 mile a day before breakfast, 12 Week Foundations of Training W8/D6: Shoulders/Arms/Cardio after breakfast and 60 min walk after dinner/before church.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Howdy all and happy Saturday, well we are all in the air and enjoying our flight. My plan it to lose 1/2 week, and do ST and cardio 3-5 times a week. Wishing you all a great week.
    On my virtual challenge the Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead walk, I reached the first local spot.
    oku521pkmviw.jpg
  • missionalman
    missionalman Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

It's been a rough week for me. Glad it's over.

My dietitian ordered me to try a vegan diet. I am cutting back slowly!

I've done those conqueror challenges and they're a lot of fun! I stopped doing them when my fitness tracker bit the dust.
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 42 feels like 43 at 6AM with a high of 74 today. Insight Timer Quote: Challenges are the way to growth.—Carol S. Dweck I AM: I am learning more about who I am. Action for Happiness: Make some progress on a project or task you have been avoiding. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,014 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 222/305 mile a day this morning and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Nice sunny morning! I harvested two beans. (Long beans again. About 12-18 inches long usually.) Shortly I'll go out and get more rat-tailed radish pods and some African huckleberries. They love my constant full sun! Mystery squash vine dropped one of the fruit so I dissected it, looks like a baby yellow squash of some kind, basically cylindrical in shape. Glad it's not a zucchini. Another fruit is doing fine and growing and there are more flowers coming out.

I got a lot of mild walking yesterday during errands, I always park as far away from the store as I can because this is one of the few ways I can go for a walk. I also started using my mini stepper again, basically it's a small stairmaster without rails. And did a bunch of gardening which involved a lot of bending and squatting. Stayed well within calories. I'm thinking about going back to three meals on days when I have a lot of activity and saving the time restricted eating (11 to 7) for days when I'm sitting most of the time and don't have as much time for exercise.

Today the plan is to do more gardening, mostly harvesting and weeding, then more stepper, then finish off with a good full-body strength session with my small weight collection. I have more time today so I'll use it! Wishing everyone the best as we begin this challenge.
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Hi all happy Sunday. Wishing you a great day and new week. Got my first post card, here is a link to the blog about it.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10901123/the-conqueror-dia-de-los-muertos-walk-1st-post-card#latest

Hugs all
    Today's inspiration: Life is a riddle. We cannot expect to understand life's twists and turns as they occur each day, and we greatly frustrate ourselves in the futile attempt. Be content to appreciate that there is an overarching purpose, though that purpose be known only to God, and to history. Choose service. Choose joy. Accept the unknowing. - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • cormierannie
    Options
    Good evening, everyone! It's a cool day here today. My daughter says hello to all. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk after lunch and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing later on
    Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe

• Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and it is Joe's first day at his new job. I hope it all goes well for him today. Yesterday on a Sunday my sister's cancer doctor called her and said that given the results of her biopsy they now have to check to see if her cancer is spread. I guess it is more advanced than they thought. I am scared. Like if it has spread that automatically puts her at stage 4 cancer. Are they at that point then still able to do chemo and what are her chances. That has me terrified.

@Sand_TIger - That is good that your mystery fruit is not a zucchini. It is nice that you found fruit and veggies that like the constant sun. Nice on the walking. I am trying to get my steps in the best I can also. I really want to increase my steps. I think it is a good idea if you are super active to add another meal in your routine. I hope you were able to get all your gardening done and your walking in.
    @Kurtize - That link does not take us to a blog. It actually takes us to a discussion.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 49 feels like 50 at 8AM with a high of 71 today. Insight Timer Quote: Time heals almost everything. Give time time.—Regina Brett I AM: I celebrate my glorious imperfections. Action for Happiness: Share an important goal with someone you trust. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,324 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 223/305 mile a day before breakfast, Body Building W1/D2: Back/Shoulders + Core Challenge W2/D1: Core in the gym and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Kurtize
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Hi all happy Monday, thanks for into @Tabatha_Cain. It is warmer today, mid 80s. I am progressing on my Dia de Los Muertos Challenge. Progress to date
    h8nlks4rnu0q.jpg
    Hope your all are having a great day.
    ndzr2e8ioxi4.png

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,079 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain, hon I am so sorry!!! I can't imagine the fear you feel. I lost my Mom to a very aggressive cancer, but that was in 92, things are better now. I sure hope they can help her. Please keep up with your own exams. We are here with you. Walking helps with anxiety as does any ST you do. It won't take care of it, but it's a healthy alternative to eating (So many of us are emotional eaters). If we could reach out to you physically for a hug we SURE WOULD Tabatha!! This will have to do dd789gce24pm.gif
    @Kurtize, LOVE the progress!! Excellent job!!

• Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Tuesday and it is going to be a good day. Joe started his new job yesterday and he loves it. He said the atmosphere of the place is way better than his last job. He is so excited to get things done. I am so glad he is happy and he likes it. I was worried. But it is all good. I see my OB-GYN tomorrow for my fibroids and my cycts. I am still having pain so I am hoping that there is something they can decide to do as ibuprofen and midol and tylenol are not working. I have not tried anything stronger because I am not one to take a lot of pain meds. If I can manage without I try not to but this is rough. At work I am required to get 10 AAA memberships every month. Well as of yesterday the 9th I already had 11. I am so set this month. It is going great. Sometimes that happens though. So this month I am going to get as many as I can and just blow this out of the water and bank as many memberships as I can for the future months.

@Kurtize - Oh nice. So they say you need to complete the challenge in so many days? That is awesome. We could actually plan how many mile to go each day. That is great. I cannot wait to join. Since Joe just started a new job we are trying to get our finances situated and then probably next month we will select a challenge and get working on it.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. The doctor is 90% sure he got all the cancer from my sister's esophagus, but the cancer was already in the second layer of the lining in her esophagus so they are concerned that it may have spread. She as a CT scan on the 26th of this month. We are hoping it has not spread.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.

Tabatha