Airport Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• EmPea888
    EmPea888 Posts: 112 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Hello all - I need to get some good mileage logged today. It's going to rain all day here in London UK so I think I'll have to hit my elliptical rather than the pavement! I'll do small bursts every hour.
    I've been building my activity up gently but the real work is yet to come. With me in the past I've been slow to get in to the exercise habit but once I do I really look forward to it.

I can't wait to find out which team I'm in - sounds like I won't have long now. I've given MFP a few tries now over the year but I've always tried to go-it-alone - that doesn't seem to work for me & I'm so glad to be part of this community.

Thank you @Tabatha_Cain and @Dianedoessmiles1 for the encouragement - it's nice to see the chats springing to life. I did a mid-week WI and a few more pounds have come off so that's 5lbs in total now. So that I don't miss the deadline I'm going to make Thursday my official WI day so I'll officially log my weight tomorrow :) I hope everyone has a lovely day.

It's going to be so good to ditch this excess baggage - it is definitely not wanted on-voyage.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options
    @cmfarrell36 Happy Birthday Christine , have a good day
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,161 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and it is going to be a good day. My co-worker is out today due to medical appointments today so it will be me alone upfront. Which is not really a bad thing. I do have some more travel to book today so we will see how that goes and how much the agents have to help me today.

@EmPea888 - The elliptical is my enemy. That thing works so many muscles. It makes me hurt just thinking about it. Right now I can withstand about 5 minutes on that machine. Than I give up as my legs are butter at that point. Way to go on the weight check. I love exercise too. Once I get into a groove I am good. It is getting to that groove that is the problem.

Well I hope you all have a Wonderful Wednesday.

Tabatha
  • EmPea888
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain - I'm with you on both counts. I'm really going to have to build up on the elliptical slowly and for a few minutes at a time. The old body rebounds quite quickly though so it's worth that initial creaky pain - I have got to oil those joints and motion is lotion. Ditto for other kinds of exercise. My body loves it but from where I'm sitting now this seems like an impossible task - that's just my mind's trick though - this is all very doable!
  • cmfarrell36
    cmfarrell36 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    @Lessennan - thanks, Nan. Looking forward to a quiet day today :)
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,295 Member
    Options
    It’s 63 feels like 63 with a high of 79 and rainy this morning. Insight Timer Quote: When meditation is mastered, the mind is unwavering like the flame of a lamp in a windless place.-Bhagavad Gita I AM: I am excited to follow my passion. Action for Happiness: Enjoy photos from a time with happy memories. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,940 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 204/305 mile a day this morning, 12 Week Foundations of Training W6/D3: Legs & Abs after work and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,517 Member
    Options
    good evening, everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a short run later in the morning and i feel great! i went for a walk after lunch. i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,606 Member
    Options
    zueg4lmducik.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,211 Member
    Options
    @EmPea888, Have you all been getting a lot more rain this year than normal? I live in Maine (on the Atlantic Ocean, the furthest state up next to Canada) and we are way over our limit. Please stay safe. I love love love the 5%!! I've gone from 288 lbs down to 170! All because of the support here. We had been on Sparkpeople (a free diet site) until 2 years ago when it suddenly closed. We searched and searched various sites and agreed MFP was the BEST Place for us to land!! We've been active here now for 2 years. GREAT JOB on the weight loss!! WOW!! FANTASTIC!!! Next Weds (Most likely) we will start to invite members to the team. Those on any team will be put on the team that needs the support the most. They will LOVE YOU so much whichever team you end up on. Come the Winter Challenge you'll have team choice if you'd like a different team, or you may be put on a team that you love right off. It's so much fun!! I am on and off this chat since I also help on the chat on the team I am on (During the break~ the challenge runs 8 weeks~ we combine 2 teams together for added fun! If one wishes to remain accountable year round, we can!! AND I DO!!) is always a crazy chat!! I read the posts here, but do not respond to them all. There's not enough time. LOL though its fun!
    @Tabatha_Cain, did you sleep much? YO! You were up early as I was hehehehe just going to bed!! It was a LATE NIGHT for me!
  • EmPea888
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 hey Diane - well I think we had all the rain last night but not for very long thank heavens. I'm in the UK so I'm no stranger to rainy days - but these days I do tend to wait for a break in the weather to have a walk. As Mark Twain said about England: if you don't like the weather, wait a minute.

I used to be on SparkPeople and I really loved it. It was a shame it closed but I guess the money went elsewhere. It's amazing what a snappy brand name can do and MFP came out on top. SparkPeople felt more social - so it's good to have this Challenge and the upcoming Teams as a focus.
  • JustRamona
    JustRamona Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    DNjoys wrote: »
    @JustRamona the start date is in this group's description, October 7. However, invitations to the team will be sent out the last week of September and Practice Week will begin September 30th. We like to have members on the team a week before we begin to get everyone settled and ready to go.

~Dee, Passenger Service Agent for Mission Slimpossible

thank you! I swear I looked everywhere........................except there I guess .....Like glasses on top of your head.....sigh
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Thursday. I have my ultrasound today. So we will see what is going on. I should have the answers in a day or 2. I am able to see the results sooner than my doctor because I have a patient portal for the hospital and they will post the results there as soon as they come in as well as notify my doctor that they are in. So I can look while my doctor is still reviewing the notes and stuff. So I am hoping to know maybe even yet tonight since I am getting it done in the morning. I really hope that is the case.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Yes I did get plenty of sleep. My husband and I were wore out from the day and went to bed at 8:30. He has a small bladder so he had to get up to pee and then could not get back to bed. But we did get plenty of sleep.
    @EmPea888 - We are a social group. I love to chat and respond to people. So of us actually meet up and do stuff. I have not been able to yet but some of us that learn we live close to others do meet up in real life. I would love to be able to meet @Dianedoessmiles1. If I remember right she is the one who got me started on my journey with 5% challenge with Spark People. Which I first started in Spark People way back in 2019. I live in Michigan and she lives in Maine so it is kinda hard to do. Maybe though we could do that at some time.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 63 feels like 63 with a high of 82 and chances of rain this afternoon. Insight Timer Quote: Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek but a means by which we arrive at the goal.—Martin Luther King Jr. I AM: I let my body tell me what it needs in order to feel its best. Action for Happiness: Don’t compare how you feel inside to how others appear outside. Happy International Day of Peace!!! Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,302 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 205/305 mile a day this morning, Modified 12 Week Foundations of Training W6/D4: Chest/Arms/Cardio after work and 60 min walk after dinner. All Chest and Arms exercises will be seated as I fell at work yesterday and bruised my toes on my right foot. Walking will be slower than normal.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    Good evening, everyone! It's a beautiful day here today. My daughter says hello to all. She's working at her part time job today. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk after lunch and I feel great! I will be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and it is going to be a great day. I opted to take extra hours for tomorrow at work. The only downside is that I have to drive an hour and a half away to the event we are doing. I am a little scared to do this event. It is a massive Auto Expo or Car Show. Well I just found out yesterday that all 3 of the big car manufacturers are on strike in the city I am going to. So I am a little scared to be at a Car Show since the employees that are striking are telling everyone not to go to it. So I am not sure if we are in danger like picketers or if we are going to be ok but with low attendance. I guess I will have to find out. I mean I am only there for insurance, membership, and travel so I really don't care about the car show. It does worry me a little bit though. I messaged the people in charge of the event my concerns. I have yet to get an email in response. So we will see if they do answer and what they say. I still think I am going to go.

Well I hope you all have a great Friday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 66 feels like 66 with a high of 86 and raining now. Insight Timer Quote: The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance.—Nathaniel Branden I AM: My body is my constant companion. Action for Happiness: Take your time. Make space to just breathe and be still. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,642 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 206/305 mile a day before breakfast, 1P app Workout of the Week Advanced Traditional Body Building W7/D4 modified after breakfast and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone! It's a beautiful sunny day here today. My daughter says hello to all. She's working at her part time job today. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I did my strength training workout earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I'll go for a walk after lunch. I'll do some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,606 Member
    Options
    Just hoping weather realizes that tomorrow is the first day of fall and not summer.
    rwv2li8vtwce.png
  • cormierannie
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! It's a beautiful sunny day here today. My daughter says hello to all. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I'll be going for a walk after lunch. I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 66 feels like 66 with a high of 87 and cloudy today. Insight Timer Quote: Happy Equinox!! Today , we are reminded of the harmony and balance that exists in the natural world.—Insight Timer Team I AM: I am completely present in the moment. Action for Happiness: Let go of other people’s expectations of you. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 17,071 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 207/305 mile a day before breakfast and 60 min walk after dinner.