Airport Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,482 Member
    Options
    It’s 66 feels like 66 with a high of 84 today. Insight Timer Quote: Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task.—William James I AM: My strength and resilience are truly remarkable. Action for Happiness: Focus on the basics: Eat well, exercise and go to bed on time. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,675 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 190/305 mile a day this morning, 12 Week Foundations of Training W4/D3: Legs & Abs after work and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,657 Member
    Options
    good morning, everyone! it is a hot and humid day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! we are all keeping cool and well hydrated today. i did my strength training workout indoors earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i will be going for a long indoor walk after lunch, inside a cool mall. i will definitely be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 58 feels like 57 with a high of 87 today. Insight Timer Quote: The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.—Ralph Waldo Emerson I AM: I am grateful for the endless opportunities that I have. Action for Happiness: Give yourself permission to say ‘no’. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 19,438 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 191/305 mile a day this morning, 12 Week Foundations of Training W4/D4: Chest/Arms/Cardio after work and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just have to give myself a good talking to.
    Today could have been a binge on empty calories kind of evening.
    The shawl I’ve been knitting needed sewn up. I’m always terrified of this bit because it’s fiddly but for me it must be just right.
    Kept putting it off but the mum to be is coming to collect it a week tomorrow and once it’s sewn it needs washed and blocked out so it it looks properly finished.
    My stomach had that feed me feeling though it had just had dinner.
    I’m currently reading a book on how to quit eating junk and as I contemplated what I would binge on this little voice kept telling me I wouldn’t feel the benefits of empty calories and the problem would still there.
    But the bullet. Sewed the shawl and the hungry? feeling went.
    Yeah me
    pjuveimja5c8.jpeg

• cormierannie
    Options
    good afternoon, everyone! it is a beautiful and less warm day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! my daughter is working at her part time job today. i went for a short indoor run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it! i went for a walk after lunch and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • MawMaw1941
    MawMaw1941 Posts: 1,969 Member
    Options
    Lessennan, what a lovely shawl! It’s been a while since I’ve taken up my knitting needles, your work is impressive!

• kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    gintex2021 The reason I have stayed with the 5% Challenges - I need the accountability. Each minute of exercise matters, as do the Saturday weigh ins. Each day I try to be a little better than the day before and if I stray I have something to get me back on track.

When I joined Sparkpeople in 2008, there was no one in my real life who needed/wanted to diet and exercise. It was great to be part of a Community of like-minded people, who wanted to be healthier and connect with each other. But there were so many teams that were inactive, so it felt a little adrift. But the 5% Challenges start anew each season with active/motivated members to be our cheerleaders and friendly competitors. It why I keep coming back season after season.

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,461 Member
    Options
    @gintex2021, GOOD to have you with us!! I've been with the 5% Since the Winter of 2011. I stay because it works for me very well. When I joined I was 256, and my highest was 288, I was able to lose a tiny bit with WW, but I was not progressing. I wanted more. I found Sparks with a search, where a member immediately invited me to the 5%! I went down to 163, up to 170 and that's pretty much to where I stay. I've gone into maintenance officially for the past 2 challenges. WOOHOO SUCCESS!! It's the support and success as to why I stay. I've learned it's so much more than watching calories and exercising, I've grown into the person I am today.
    What was your screen name on Sparks? Which team were you on? I was as I am now Dianedoessmiles and was on the Dawggie team (Spirited Under Dawg). WELCOME ABOARD!! Have you reconnected with any previous members of your previous team? Can we help you find them?
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 63 feels like 63 with a high of 86 today. Insight Timer Quote: The future depends on what you do today.—Mahatma Gandhi I AM: I keep my ambitions in mind when I make important decisions. Action for Happiness: Be willing to share how you feel and ask for help when needed. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,650 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 192/305 mile a day before breakfast, 12 Week Foundations of Training W4/D5: EMOM in the gym after breakfast and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good morning, everyone! it is a mostly cloudy and cool day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i also got in my strength training workout this morning as well. i will go for a long walk after lunch. i will be doing some dancing later on. tomorrow i am going on a trip to niagara falls, courtesy of the church who come to my building once a week to provide free hot, tasty meals for anyone who comes to the rec room for food. there is no charge to go on this trip and food, drinks are provided. i have not been to niagara falls for a while and i am looking forward to the trip. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kateljm
    Kateljm Posts: 1,711 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    gintex2021 wrote: »
    Good Evening, I participated in the 5% Challenge maybe 8-10 years ago on Sparkpeople. I see a lot of the members of this challenge have done many, many rounds.

Please share with us why you have stayed on the team and how you benefit from being here.

I am looking forward to taking off in Oct!

For me there are three reasons:
    1. FRIENDSHIP with others also seeking better health. MFP helped me to hold it together during the "Stay Home" part of the pandemic. I look to various fellow 5% members as examples - beacons - to guide me in putting together a whole package of healthy habits.
    2. Fostering HEALTHY HABITS has helped me to manage myself better so backsliding doesn't cause a major catastrophe. So many habits have become second nature to me. I love seeing the results in my medical labs.
    3. I love the 5% Concept: losing 5% of one's weight over 8 weeks is not Monumental, it is DOABLE. I continue partly to remind myself daily of what helped me reach a healthy weight, and partly to hopefully inspire others to develop their stable of healthy habits, so we can curb our self-defeating choices and celebrate our successes.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,461 Member
    Options
    @Kateljm, Can I please use your WHY to help recruit new members?
    @Kurtize, HAHAHAHAHA Joyce that's WAY To funny!!
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 56 feels like 55 with a high of 83 today. Insight Timer Quote: What you get by achieving goals is not as important as what you be by achieving your goals.—Zig Ziglar I AM: I am exceedingly grateful to be alive today. Action for Happiness: Aim to be good enough, rather than perfect. Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,492 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 193/305 mile a day before breakfast and 60 min walk this afternoon.
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    fxocoh5pidsv.jpg
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 57 feels like 57 with a high of 84 today. Insight Timer Quote: You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.—Maya Angelou I AM: I am grateful for my heartbreaks. Action for Happiness: When you find things hard, remember it’s OK not to be OK. Happy World Suicide Prevention Day!!! Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,267 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 194/305 mile a day this morning and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good afternoon, everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i will be going for a walk in a while. i will be doing some dancing later on. i had a great time on my trip to niagara falls yesterday. even though it was raining on and off the whole time i was here, i did not mind. i still got to see the falls and got in a long walk. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday.

It has cooled down a bit since the rain Friday, hope it continues to cool down. Hugs all, have a great rest of the day and new week.

Today's Inspiration: “Success is only reserved for those who value their dreams and goals over their excuses.”
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,389 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and we are heading back to work from the weekend. I will have my coworker back with me this week. She is back from vacation. I am hoping she was able to relax and feel refreshed. Things are going well. I do need to step up my exercise but all should be alright. I am glad to be back here for the new round. I look forward to chatting with you all.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 63 feels like 63 with a high of 75 and chances of rain this morning. Insight Timer Quote: The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.—Chinese Proverb I AM: I know that loving myself makes it possible for others to love me. Action for Happiness: Make time to do something you really enjoy. Happy Patriot Day!!! Closed all 💕 on my Samsung Active 4 and had 16,065 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 195/305 mile a day before breakfast, 12 Week Foundations of Training W5/D1: Strength/Conditioning after breakfast and 60 min walk this afternoon.