Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    @Fushiakat thanks, it’s great to be back! Sounds like you are really doing so well at maintenance! Huge, congratulations to you!!

@katmary71 what kind of stuff do you guys get at the farmers market in the winter? We do not have a farmers market in the winter (our last farmers market was last weekend). I think that you and I come on here at about the same time and post at the same time lol. I really hope that surgeon can give you some relief!

@Cornanda that separation anxiety takes so long to work through! I think Vannie is pretty much finished it. I must say, though it is a struggle when I come home and she is so excited to see me! The trainers say that I need to ignore her until she calms down, I am sure she can feel my guilt shining through.

@trooworld vannie has got sass for sure🤣. How are your two girls doing? Are they getting along better now? I am sorry that you are suffering with heel pain, that plantar fasciitis is no joke. Sounds like you are rocking the tracking! Your job sounds like a lot of fun.🥰

@sleepygirl it doesn’t seem that funeral food is ever really healthy, more likely comfort food.

We went to see the show at the dinner theatre for brunch today, it was absolutely great. Music from the 60s and 70s, just my jam! I actually did really well as far as eating goes. I got a large dinner plate and went to town on the salad bar trying to stick to lettuce And fresh veggies. My cheat there was Caesar salad dressing, but I tried to use it very sparingly. For the main meal, I had one very small piece of roast beef, chicken breast in some type of tomato, basil sauce, and some roasted carrots and parsnips I steered clear of the pastta bar🤣. Of course I had half of a Yorkshire pudding And gravy😋. I am attaching a picture of the desserts I chose, I was really proud of myself. Because it is a brunch they have about 50 different kinds of desserts in little tiny portions. I just picked rice pudding, half of a little brownie square and a small portion of bread pudding, then filled up my plate with fruit:). It wasn’t perfect, but I was happy with it at the end of the day.5cj9gvmizmy3.jpeg

That’s it for me for tonight, I need to get back on the ice pack for my back. Lol. Hope everybody had a great day.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Wednesday
    PW 156.5
    CW 155.9

Spooky October Steps 10/10 11,184
    @trooworld I went to the spreadsheet and set up a tab, but I couldn't bookmark it. How do I bookmark it so I can get back to it easily?

Thankfully, I lost 0.6 lbs. I was really surprised and very thankful.

@broncobuddee @trooworld Is it alright to weigh in 1 day early next week on Tuesday instead of Wednesday? The concert is on Tuesday, so a Wednesday weigh in would definitely not work to my advantage.

I made 2 complete meals, got them portioned and put in the freezer. Thankfully, I'm not going to be in the kitchen very much the next couple of days because, I'm sure tired of being in the kitchen.

Y'all have a great evening.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Hey- in case anyone is interested, my favorite fitness person is doing a 30 day mobility and flexibility program starting 10/15. All free on YouTube.

• broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    DrewsAnna wrote: »
    DrewsAnna

[...]

@broncobuddee @trooworld Is it alright to weigh in 1 day early next week on Tuesday instead of Wednesday? The concert is on Tuesday, so a Wednesday weigh in would definitely not work to my advantage.

[...]

Tuesday is fine! :)
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @trooworld I'll get it done now. Hope your foot feels better soon!

@drewsanna how are you accessing the spreadsheet? On your computer or on your phone?
    If on a computer, it depends on the browser you're using, but with chrome there is a little star on the upper right, you can bookmark it there to add to your bookmarks bar. Or you can go to drive.google.com then go to shared, and you'll find all files and sheets that you have opened but weren't created by you. (this is the easiest way for me to see the monthly challenge spreadsheet, steps sheet, and habits sheet.) If you prefer to access on your phone, download the google drive app and you can get to them all the same way, by going to "shared"
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Steps for Spooky October
    Oct 1: 16043
    Oct 2: 16349
    Oct 3: 19025
    Oct 4: 16314
    Oct 5: 15773
    Oct 6: 15563
    Oct 7: 15555
    Oct 8: 16609
    Oct 9: 16685
    Oct 10: 16040
    Oct 11: 15318

I'll try to put it on the spreadsheet tomorrow, but I'll keep posting here.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 479 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    This is a really quick check in, I’m pooped! Lunch went well with my cousins, I was so busy visiting, I hardly ate anything.🤣. I did spin first thing this morning, visited with my cousins for four hours, then agility for an hour and a half tonight. Now I am going to soak in Epson salts and a lovely, hot tub.
    Tomorrow afternoon I will be home and I will do better on here. :-). Hope everybody has a great night.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 It will be mostly greens (Swiss chard, lettuce, then radishes and root veggies). Some of the markets will close with fall and reopen in spring, there's two different companies that run them and one goes year-round. My favorite market is a year-round one and it's larger. I think we come on at the same time too, I noticed a missed a few posts the other night. I'm so happy you're back I missed you, do you still have the Vannie-like instructor? The dinner theater sounds awesome, glad to hear how well you did with the food! Boy that melon looks amazing. I hope your back feels better!

@DrewsAnna That's right your Pink concert is coming up, that should be awesome! Great job on the meal prepping, I think I'm going to do some of that soon.

@Cornanda Thanks for sharing, I turned on a notification for it, I don't recall ever doing any of her videos so she snuck by me somehow.

@trooworld Aw I absolutely adore that photo of the pups! Shoot I was hoping they would come to like each other, I know that must be very frustrating for you. Jasper's being a pain again but I really don't want him on Neurontin so we'll see how it goes. I hope that foot is feeling better soon!

Hi friends! Stressful day, I couldn't sleep last night worrying about the appointment today. The surgeon thinks the worst issue is above my previous two fusions and is actually getting me in fast to have it fused. I spent a few hours waiting for a cancellation at my GP's office for an EKG but no luck so I'm going to urgent care tomorrow. If I'm able to do that my fusion will be a week from Monday so FINALLY something is going fast if I can get all the pre op stuff done. Ate horrible today, I'm a little panicked at all I have to get done but had this part of the month open as an MFP friend was going to visit but we're postponing it. For some reason I can't insert anything on this document program and lost the rest but I'm getting some stuff done for the charity's volunteer Sips and Sweets appreciation night and making the final cake, I'm excited to pull out the gift for the president she's not expecting from all of us, it's been fun doing all this stuff on the down low for her but of course not everyone pitched in and I spent more than planned. Have a great Friday gang!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @trooworld @broncobuddee @steffibabiie Thank you, lol... it really does take a village even with us adults. 😅😅

@steffibabiie you taught me something new today. Thank you, I can find it now. 🙂

Hey y'all,

Chipper and I went out for an almost 2.5 miles (five tenths shy of that 1/2 mile) I'm going to try and go out for a little bit again tomorrow before I have to be ready to go to Seattle to see Adam Sandler, this is so exciting. I splurged a little for dinner tonight, but I didn't go completely overboard.

Y'all have a great evening.
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 glad that it sounds like you'll get some relief soon!

@drewsanna yay! glad you got it worked out :)
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Steps for Spooky October
    Oct 1: 16043
    Oct 2: 16349
    Oct 3: 19025
    Oct 4: 16314
    Oct 5: 15773
    Oct 6: 15563
    Oct 7: 15555
    Oct 8: 16609
    Oct 9: 16685
    Oct 10: 16040
    Oct 11: 15318
    Oct 12: 17297
  • micaroo4
    Options
    My goal is 6 miles per day. I try to walk 2 miles in the morning before I go to work, then I walk 3 miles on my lunch hour, and then one more mile when I get home from work.

Today I have the day off, and I'm going to try for 9 miles. Weather is in my favor.
  • Cornanda
    Options
    @Katmary71 - That's great that you finally saw the surgeon and can get scheduled. I'd be panicked too- wanting everything in order prior. You got this. I'm so looking forward to seeing all the cool things you can do when you feel better.

@trooworld - I hope your foot feels better quick and your pups are just the cutest!

Lisa
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW:177.2
    CW: 176.8

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,336 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 211.6
    Today’s Weight: 210.4
    Going to be traveling and didnt want to miss weighing in
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,901 Member
    Options
    @steffibabiie I LOVE what you did with my chart, thank you!!!

@laurelfit57 I'm glad it went well. Sounds like a busy day!

@Katmary71 I think they like each other a bit better but not much better lol. It is very frustrating and anxiety-provoking. Oh, Jasper, you be a good boy! I'm glad something is finally happening with the surgery. Have a great Friday!

@DrewsAnna We are a good team! Good job with Chipper. I hope you had fun.

@micaroo4 That is amazing, you are amazing and inspiring!

@Cornanda Thank you!!! Congrats on the loss!

@gemwolf110 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I gained 3.2 lbs this week. I think it was the Cincinnati chili. It could just be bloat from all the carbs. We'll see next week. Yesterday, a former colleague came into my work. She had retired. She explained that she had to have something to do, so she joined a virtual walking challenge and started walking. She was so happy and had these medals and explained about the challenges she had been in. The app sent her postcards from herself from various places along the trails she walked, and from within the app she could do Google Street View to see where she was virtually walking. I thought it sounded pretty cool so I signed up for the Dia de Los Muertos virtual walk. It's an app called "The Conqueror". I am walking through Mexico. It's pretty cool. I walked 10.52 miles yesterday, mostly just throughout my usual day but I was encouraged to go for a longer walk with one of my dogs. Here are a few pics from the app...

Spooky Fitness Challenge for Oct steps/minutes: 8,311 / 6,000, 89 mins / 15 active mins
    Add your steps/minutes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-c4S-GIz9asx1ghzcAnNdyEH1LkXL670f-2mZ4AFUqk/edit?usp=sharing

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

fpojix24owr3.jpg
    ftldztnd2nza.jpg
    t9bjv7ok8rvo.jpg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,901 Member
    Options
    Trooworld
    Friday
    PW: 227.6
    CW: 230.8

+3.2 lbs
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all

davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:268.0
    CW:266.5
  • DaveJ_43
    DaveJ_43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, Slims. I hope you get some fun burns in this weekend! Between today and Sunday I am planning on running, strength training, and and definitely yoga-ing.
This discussion has been closed.