Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
  • Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    @megansmartinez2014
    Well I SWORE I posted my steps for 10/27 & 10/28 because I updated my spreadsheet on my computer and do it at the same time I come on here. I am SOO SORRY. I am bummed because they were decent days too. Am I ok to start again for this week or am I kicked out for the month?
  • Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Oh I did post my steps, must have needed it in the November group. Oh well I am sorry again for that, first time I made that mistake I think
    sdzsxkjeui4n.png
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Well, I said I would post on November 1 regarding my Halloween battle with those little gremlins innocently called "fun-sized" treats. I bought slightly less then I thought we would need, bought them late so they were not calling from my pantry for long, and went out for the evening so my husband handed them out (these things do not tempt him at all.) Happy to say, they were pretty much all gone when I got home and a couple more kids cleaned them up moments later. There was only one social event last week where I unexpectedly came face to face with a whole battalion of them but managed to evade.

So this is a Halloween NSV for sure - I don't think I have ever gone through the date without eating several at a time (and thank you, @lindamtuck2018, for the chart reminder of what each of those costs us!) However, I am really looking forward to the day when I can eat one of such things - savor one, be satisfied with one, not be triggered for more by one. I think this is possible - I used to drink my tea with much-too-much sugar; now I don't think to add any at all, and I do not miss it. If someone does bring me a sweetened drink, it does not cause me to revert in the slightest. So perhaps my relationship with other sweet things, particularly chocolate (I could have typed that last bit all in capital letters...), can be remodelled as well. In all honesty, I do feel a tiny bit treat-deprived today, but I know that I can choose this small bit of regret/disappointment/missing-out without the calories, or the MUCH bigger regret of having given in, along with the need to deal with all those calories. On balance, it is regret or REGRET plus calories. I will choose the former, thanks!

On the funnier side, the friend I spent the evening with spontaneously handed me two pomegranates as I left. Gotta admit - that was the first time in my trick-or-treating history I have ever come home with pomegranates on Halloween. Perhaps I will find a way to turn that into my treat today.
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    @RoblinB salute to the NSV!

I can't believe they tried to pull a sneak attack at that social event - way to lock in and lock on. One day when the streets aren't so dangerous, we will toast with a funny size cho######.

...couldn't bring myself to type it.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,770 Member
    Options
    y0xnmji8yik7.jpg

OCTOBER WEEK 4 RESULTS
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @ddainiak 111,886 steps
    2nd @Slimmersixties 86,452 steps
    3rd @Hotspur11 86,066 steps
    4th @itladyee 80,346 steps
    5th @Mama530 80,396 steps
    GREAT JOB EVERYBODY :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 710,578 steps
    WELL DONE EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS
    @lindamtuck2018 7/7
    @aactuallyaash 1/7
    @itladyee 6/7
    @Mama530 4/7
    @Stacimfit 4/7
    @adianeschu 6/7
    @Hotspur11 7/7
    @RoblinB 7/7
    @laquita606 0/7
    @Slimmersixties 7/7
    @Learningmoments 1/7
    @ddainiak 4/7

6s9bamu7ryu8.jpg
    GRAND FINALE FOR THE MONTH OF OCTOBER
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @ddainiak 507,023 steps
    2nd @Hotspur11 410,056 steps
    3rd @Slimmersixties 283,039 steps
    4th @Mama530 271,871 steps
    5th @itladyee 252,602 steps
    As A Group We Walked 2,939,590 steps for the month of October
    TERRIFIC JOB EVERYBODY :):):):):)
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    MFP User Name -Learning Moments
    Commitment for Week -5k/day 50K/week
    Tracking Type - Miles or Steps: steps

Sunday -10523
    Monday -12788
    Tuesday -3437
    Wednesday -10043
    Thursday -
    Friday -
    Saturday -
    Total:

Commitment for Week -100 floors/wk
    Tracking Type - floors

Sunday -6
    Monday -17
    Tuesday -6
    Wednesday -30
    Thursday -
    Friday -
    Saturday -
    Total:

Today I was very active:) 2 swim classes, grocery shopping, & had 4 grandkids for 6 hours. Then finished my steps and challenged myself to 20 floors. It has been a wonderful day. Good night all.
  • laquita606
    laquita606 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    pw: 241.4
    cw:238.6
  • laquita606
    Options
    steps:

10/22: 806
    10/28: 2419
  • laquita606
    Options
    Sorry for the late check-in I've been sick this whole week
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,444 Member
    Options
    November 1: 📝 Tough day for eating and exercise yesterday. It was our monthly visit to my husband's 91 year old cousin who lives about 2 hours away. Leave at 5:30 AM - have breakfast and lunch with her (not good choices) and then drive back home later in the afternoon. We got back home at 6:00, and I hit the left over Halloween candy. No exercise at all. It's just a temporary situation!
  • KarlysFreedom
    KarlysFreedom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you! @lindamtuck2018 & @NachDeezy

I'm so glad to be back and looking forward to what this month will bring.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited November 2023
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    Well, I said I would post on November 1 regarding my Halloween battle with those little gremlins innocently called "fun-sized" treats. I bought slightly less then I thought we would need, bought them late so they were not calling from my pantry for long, and went out for the evening so my husband handed them out (these things do not tempt him at all.) Happy to say, they were pretty much all gone when I got home and a couple more kids cleaned them up moments later. There was only one social event last week where I unexpectedly came face to face with a whole battalion of them but managed to evade.

So this is a Halloween NSV for sure - I don't think I have ever gone through the date without eating several at a time (and thank you, @lindamtuck2018, for the chart reminder of what each of those costs us!) However, I am really looking forward to the day when I can eat one of such things - savor one, be satisfied with one, not be triggered for more by one. I think this is possible - I used to drink my tea with much-too-much sugar; now I don't think to add any at all, and I do not miss it. If someone does bring me a sweetened drink, it does not cause me to revert in the slightest. So perhaps my relationship with other sweet things, particularly chocolate (I could have typed that last bit all in capital letters...), can be remodelled as well. In all honesty, I do feel a tiny bit treat-deprived today, but I know that I can choose this small bit of regret/disappointment/missing-out without the calories, or the MUCH bigger regret of having given in, along with the need to deal with all those calories. On balance, it is regret or REGRET plus calories. I will choose the former, thanks!

On the funnier side, the friend I spent the evening with spontaneously handed me two pomegranates as I left. Gotta admit - that was the first time in my trick-or-treating history I have ever come home with pomegranates on Halloween. Perhaps I will find a way to turn that into my treat today.

I love this NSV! That is a wise thought: regret or regret plus calories. I am going to say this to myself when I am tempted by those extra calories.
    laquita606 wrote: »
    pw: 241.4
    cw:238.6

Congrats on the loss! I hope you feel better soon.
    ddainiak wrote: »
    November 1: 📝 Tough day for eating and exercise yesterday. It was our monthly visit to my husband's 91 year old cousin who lives about 2 hours away. Leave at 5:30 AM - have breakfast and lunch with her (not good choices) and then drive back home later in the afternoon. We got back home at 6:00, and I hit the left over Halloween candy. No exercise at all. It's just a temporary situation!

Good way to look at it. There are always going to be days that exercise and choices are out of control. We always wake up to a clean slate.
    Heretochange88

PW- 374.2lb
    CW- 369.2lb

-5lb

Its slowing down a bit but still a really good loss!!

Happy to see the 360s too!

I bought one of those funky hula hoops that you stick to your waist and a cordless skipping rope so I'm planning on getting exercising! Swimming tomorrow too!!

Congrats on the new decade. What do you do in your swimming classes?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 10,149
    Exercise: ✔️
    Rings: ✔️
    Physio: ❌

Need to be consistent with the physio exercises every day. Yesterday, I did a water exercise routine with my friend. Today it’s mini walks. Hopefully, soon the new medication works and the leg pain is reduced. Then I can turn my mini walks into walks. Time to do another one.

NSV: My bathing suit is way to big for me. I am ordering a new one today as my bottoms may fall off in the pool and no one wants to see that. 😂. I am trying not to buy too much new clothing right now. Once I get to goal I will buy lots of new clothes.

Have a great Wednesday and crush all your goals.
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    One day when the streets aren't so dangerous, we will toast with a funny size cho######.
    Thanks, @NachDeezy! You're on! :)
    Steps: 10,149....NSV: My bathing suit is way to big for me.
    Look at those lovely steps, @lindamtuck2018 ! (Pool or otherwise!) And congratulations on that NSV! Swimsuit shopping - that is a pretty big "put it all out there" type of thing. (Well, I guess you are actually trying to avoid putting it ALL out there! 😂) I hope whatever you bought makes you feel great!

This discussion has been closed.