Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 @tammymccrady6278 @19shmoo69 Congrats on the losses!

@Katmary71 It totally was all of that! I was too afraid they'd call my name and I'd miss it to put on headphones but I'm glad that was an option for you. Wow, great job with the exercise and mindfulness! How did you feel after the exercise?

@Veta2018 Great job, you inspire me to keep trying.

Hi all. We are going to the zoo today which will greatly increase my step count. I've been lagging lately. Ate a little crazy yesterday but once a week is okay, I just hope it doesn't turn into more than that. I'm having trouble with mindfulness, I'm just not used to it and on autopilot which is the opposite of mindfulness! Maybe I should focus on one goal a week for the next 3 weeks. I think I will focus on this one first: Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.

GOALS FOR THE MINDFULNESS CHALLENGE:
    - Take at least 15 minutes to eat dinner every day in November.
    - Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.
    - Chew each bite at least 10 times.
    - At the end of each day, give myself a rating from 1 to 10 (10 is the best) on how well I achieved my goals.
    SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 2 (totally forgot again!)

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 573 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Veta2018
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 161 lbs.
    CW (Current Weight): 163 lbs.

This is the first time I've seen the scale go backwards since I started. I'm having my monthly visitor but it didn't effect my weight the past two months. I know it's only 2 lbs., but that could take two weeks to lose. I've been eating healthy and exercising regularly. It's very discouraging. So does it come off automatically when I'm done, or do I have to start from here and lose it again?

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Back again. Kind of been MIA this last bit and haven’t been focusing as well as I should on my food. Haven’t tracked consistently either. 🤦🏻‍♀️. And it’s starting to show on the scale. I’m going to try and get back in the swing of tracking and monitoring myself again.
    Hope everyone else is doing well. I will try to catch up on the posts and not get too far behind.
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW 221.6
    Nov.5: 220
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

cy5gttt0930h.png
    q4qy2obscspq.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    hynqs0a9nfe5.png

By Pounds
    d2dgaipairf1.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    g1515zkio4k5.png
    7yelxue2xxwe.png

By Pounds
    qfgzc837i4va.png

Team Winners
    cxrdsw02cct9.png
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    badnoodle
    weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 188.6
    CW: 188.4

So a mixed bag of a week. I'm happy to report no binges (yay!), but I wound up eating out a lot more than I wanted to and ate a lot more than I wanted to. And then there was an overnight trip up to Pittsburgh for my partner's birthday (yesterday) and mine (today), which entailed a truly decadent Italian dinner at one of the highest-rated restaurants in town. Seriously, I've never had gnocchi that good, much less duck leg in red wine sauce or porchetta worth stabbing over. Somehow, my blood sugar was still in the green zone on Saturday morning!

But today was back to normal. I got in almost 20,000 steps getting the yard ready for winter - mowing, raking, planting bulbs, mulching, sweeping, all that good NEET work. This week, I know I'll be out of the house on at least two evenings, and that's always a temptation to pick up fast food instead of eating cold leftovers.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    WI Sunday
    PW 198.8
    CW 198.8

Stuck 😩
  • trooworld
    Options
    @steffibabiie Way to get first place in individual % lost and 2nd place by pounds! And congrats to the whole team for achieving 3rd place in percentage and pounds, we rock!!! Special shout-out goes to @badnoodle and @19shmoo69 for making it onto the leaderboard.

@Veta2018 I wouldn't worry too much, if you are diligent this week, on weigh-in day you could see a loss of that 2 lbs and maybe even a bit more. Try not to let it get you down, although I know it's hard to see a gain. Hugs.

@sleepygirl79 Congrats on the loss! I wish you luck on getting back in the swing of things this week.

@badnoodle Yay for no binges! Happy birthday, too! I think the Italian dinner would be worth it for sure. ;) Great step count.

@Katmary71 I'm so happy for you. Didn't end up going to the zoo (more on that later lol). Yeah, I figure it makes more sense to "perfect" one thing and move on to the next. It's hard to remember to do it, isn't it? You are doing awesome!

Hi all. We didn't end up going to the zoo, my husband was feeling lazy so he made us breakfast and I walked on my new walking pad for 25 minutes. Unfortunately, my smartwatch didn't count the steps or distance accurately. :( But I know how long I walked and what distance (a little over a mile). I bought an ankle strap for my smartwatch and I'll see if that makes it more accurate. I did pretty well with mindfulness yesterday, I don't know that I asked myself the question "Am I really hungry?" before eating but I did stop and think, "Do you really want to eat that?". I ate less junk but was still over at the end of the day. For me, I think adding one thing per week is going to be a good thing.

Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 6 (1-10, 10 is the best)

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Veta2018
    Options
    @badnoodle - Happy birthday! And, Congratulations on a great week!

@steffibabbie@19shmoo69 - Congratulations on a great week!

@Katmary71 - Thanks for the encouragement, I got caught up in the moment. I do love to spend time outside in my yard, for me, it feels less like a chore. I get out there during the winter too. As long as the temperature is above 45°, I don't mind being outside. My husband and I have a small tree service, we do as a side job. So we have plenty of firewood to split and stack.

@trooworld - Focusing on one goal at a time is really working for you, you made a great improvement to your mindfulness. Thanks for the encouraging words.

A friend reminded me that the numbers on the scale are only one aspect of my achievements and to think about all my NSV's. Then my husband took me to get a hair cut and highlights as reward for my progress.

Mindful eating - The point isn’t to change what I'm eating — it’s to change how I'm eating.
    1. How long did it take me to finish my meal? I took 15 min. to eat.
    2. Was I multitasking (watching TV, or scrolling through my phone)? I was at the table with my husband eating without distractions.
    3. Am I satisfied with my meal? The meal was satisfying.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪

• DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Sunday

PW: 156.0
    CW: 155.6

Oops. I forgot to weigh in yesterday.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @trooworld How are you liking the walking pad? Twenty-five minutes is a great workout, darn that not-so-smartwatch! I'm glad you were able to figure out how far you'd gone though the ankle strap should help in the future. Great job on mindfulness!

@Veta2018 I love your husband's gift to you, I'm sure you were feeling great afterward there's nothing like right after getting your hair done to feel good. Definitely look for the good NSV's, MFP taught me a lot about not just counting the number on the scale as a victory and looking for other positive changes.

Hi friends! Did two walks and two sets of my PT exercises/stretches. I met the new neighbor and said hi to one I hadn't seen in awhile, usually you don't run into people often but I swear I've talked to half the neighborhood lately. OT went well, she's happy with how well I'm doing and will come next week then we're done. I feel like I can drive but need the release from my doctor Wednesday when I get my stitches out. My last fusion recovery was horrible, there's definitely a big difference in how fast I've bounced back thanks to going into this fairly strong that's making recovery easier. I was mindful with my snack and will be with dinner but totally forgot about it with lunch! Have a great Tuesday everyone.
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 84.95kg | 187.28lbs
    CW: 84.25kg | 185.73lbs
    Progress from SW: -11.40kg | -25.13lbs

My Info:
    Working with a dietitian and my doctor to get healthy, feel great, and set a good example for my girls!
    Height: 162.5cm | 5’4”
    Starting Weight on 28.08.23: 95.65kg | 210.87lbs
    Short Term Goal Weight: < 72.5kg | < 160lbs
    Daily Calorie Target: 1400-1600
    Macro Breakdown: 40f/30c/30p
    Diet: mostly Mediterranean; focus on whole foods; no alcohol; limit added sugars.
    Intermittent Fasting: 16/8 (for now – hopefully back to ADF in the future)
    Workouts: cardio and/or body weight circuits 6x per week

TOM’s coming tomorrow or Thursday, so I’ve been craving everything. I also realised how bad of an idea No Sugar November was. As soon as I tell myself I “can’t” have something, that’s the only thing I want. So, back to 5g or less of added sugar, and whole foods. I've given into a few too many cravings the past 4 days. I think the only thing keeping me in check is logging everything, and not going too far over my calories. Even if that means only eating two meals instead of three. So not a huge loss this week, just hovering up and down a bit in the 84.xxkg range.

I’ve got a concert to go to with my daughter on Thursday (All Time Low and Mayday Parade) which should be really fun as they’re some of my favourites from when I was younger, and I’ve passed along my good taste in music to my daughter so she loves them too 😅 We have a few more coming up as well (Taking Back Sunday, Rise Against, and Blink 182) over the next few months and I need to work out what the heck I’ll be wearing. I do have some older clothes that I’ve kept and haven’t tried on in ages, so hopefully I’ll have something that fits that works for the punk/rock/emo vibe while still being age appropriate. Rise Against and Blink aren’t until after my birthday next year, so maybe I’ll be treated to a shopping spree for my birthday. I keep dropping hints about needing to buy new clothes, but I always have something better to spend my money on than myself. I am putting money into savings for every kg lost, that’s meant to go to clothes, I just don’t want to buy anything new while I’m still moving through sizes so quickly. Though I’m not sure if it will keep up through the holidays. Thankfully, we usually just do small immediate-family celebrations so no huge get togethers or feasts.

@trooworld, I was going to suggest wearing it on your ankle. Hopefully that ends up being a bit more accurate.

@katmary71 so glad to hear your recovery is going so well!

@veta2018 congrats on doing so well with the mindful eating!

@ambersway stuck is always better than backwards. Maybe you’ll see a ‘whoosh’ this week!

@badnoodle happy belated birthday!

• trooworld
    Options
    @Veta2018 Thank you for saying so. You are welcome! I have a Google Doc I keep NSVs in. I used to keep them written in a notebook but I found that with a Google Doc, anywhere I am, if I need some encouragement, I can look back at my NSVs and see I have made progress. Congrats on your progress and your NSVs and the new haircut! Great job with mindfulness.

@DebJB30 Great job!

@Katmary71 I really like the walking pad but I contacted customer service because there is a slippery spot on the belt where if I hit it, I lunge forward (or maybe backward?) and almost fall off. So, I'm keeping the speed low until I get this figured out. Thank you! You are doing so awesome and I couldn't be happier for you, Kat.

@steffibabiie Congrats on the loss! I like how you realized no sugar wasn't working for you so you adjusted. Sounds like you have some fun times coming up. Great idea to put money into savings for new clothes. Yeah I hope the ankle strap helps.

Hi all. Saw the doctor yesterday and I have a sinus infection which was likely the cause of the vertigo. Got a bunch of meds and will be right as rain soon. I did really well yesterday, I stuck to my eating plan. I was still over by about 50 cals but I'm not sweating that. I didn't ask myself if I was really hungry but I did stop when I was comfortably full.

Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 5 (1-10, 10 is the best)

• Veta2018
    Options
    Yay! 😁I weighed in today. 160 lb. That's the 2 lbs. +1. A total of 20 lbs. since September 1. 🎉
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 45 of 52

PW: 137.6
    CW: 137.6

It's been really quite around here it seems like, but one day just runs into another. I did finish my Halloween Contest room. It's the Tombstone Rolls-Royce Car Club does Halloween. Rooms lock tomorrow and Judging begins on Friday. On Monday I should know if I've placed or not. I've been doing yardwork; I really like working outside but can only manage about every other day or every couple of days. My kidney function has improved but my liver enzymes are elevated. It's always something.
    ayud8pvk857t.jpg
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I am not going to try to catch up on all the posts, hopefully sometime this week I will be able to :-). It was a great weekend full of family, fun and festivities. So nice to celebrate my brother and sister-in-law being married 40 years!
    I was able to keep my food in check all week, Saturday night, so I definitely did partake in a wonderful Italian dinner and some treats :-). I went over, but I did keep it in check. I was up a little bit on Sunday for my way in, I wasn’t too disappointed as for most of the week I had been down a pound and a half. Great NSV is that my winter pants are finally fitting, they are still a little snug, but I can walk in them without feeling, I am poured into them lol, I am starting to fit back into my clothes much more comfortably. When I gained over the summer, I refused to buy any bigger clothes, so I have been in very tight clothes. LOL. I feel like I have a cold coming on, so I am heading to bed very early tonight, with lots of tea and my humidifier going full blast, hopefully that will be helpful!
    Hope everybody had a super day
This discussion has been closed.