Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    PW 243.8
    CW 236.4
    😁!!

Thanks for all you do!

Wow! Fantastic loss this week.
    Anyone else struggling with clothes?

As the weight comes off, i had a vision of being a slimmer smart chic looking woman 🙂🙂
    Well i might be 90lb lighter but i just look like a bag lady!
    I never try clothes on (years of dreading changing rooms) and i keep buying clothes which are too big /baggy!
    As i was losing i didn't want to spend heaps on clothes, so went to thrift shops and saved my money.
    Now I'm nearly at target I have no idea what will look good on the new me!
    How on earth do you find the new you .. new look / new style / new size???

I honestly don't know where to start!

When I had lost 50 pounds, I had the same problem. I kept getting clothes and they were too big. It is a nice problem to have but frustrating until you get used to the new mental image of yourself. My DD saw me and said we needed to go shopping. She showed me a blouse with a cowl neckline and very fitting. I rebelled at first, but then tried it on. I could not believe how good I looked. I would not have chosen that for myself, but with her help, I found my new style. So get a friend or at least just have an open mind and start trying on various styles. You will be pleasantly surprised how some styles really accent your new body. Embrace it. Have fun with it.

My daughter took me shopping a few months ago. She was the one to show me I was buying a pants size to big.
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    Hey yall! Sorry for the radio silence. Dealing with some extensor tendinitis. Not even sure how it happen, just woke up a few days ago and my ankle and foot were killing me 😅 it's my good ankle too 😅 haven't been able to get steps for a few days so hoping to not record a gain this week - staying locked in on what I eat 🤞🏽 much love yall

I am so sorry you have to deal with this. Try some seated exercises you can find on YouTube. I hope you heal quicker.
    @Learningmoments @lindamtuck2018

Thanks for the advice! Actually the one new dress which looks good on me was chosen by a friend and was a color and style the old me would never look at. I guess that's the way to go AND remember i have to step out of my comfort zone!!

Going outside our comfort zone is a hard thing to do.

My daughter gave me a winter jacket the other day. I fought tooth and nail for a week after she told me she had the jacket for me that it wouldn’t fit. When I picked it up it fit perfectly. It’s hard to see our bodies as being smaller. I couldn’t fathom that I would fit into her clothes even though I am a few pounds lighter than her now. It’s something that will take awhile but my mind has to catch up to my new body shape.

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Well done on fitting in your daughters jacket! Funnily enough my mother is the opposite to your daughter! When i was visiting recently she was clearing out her wardrobe and i asked if i could take some things she didn't want. She told me nothing in there would fit me!! I walked away with a new coat and a lovely jacket!
    She's constantly telling me I've lost enough weight now!
    I guess it's not only us who need to accept our new body images!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,493 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Well done on fitting in your daughters jacket! Funnily enough my mother is the opposite to your daughter! When i was visiting recently she was clearing out her wardrobe and i asked if i could take some things she didn't want. She told me nothing in there would fit me!! I walked away with a new coat and a lovely jacket!

My mom is has criticized me all my adult life since I put the weight on. Now she tells me I am starting to look like the old Linda. I try to tell her I am the same person no matter what I weigh. It’s hard enough for me to realize this without other people telling me. She is very thin and I don’t think she realizes how hard it is to lose weight. She is not going to change at her age. My husband is the one that wants me to stop. He is terrified that I will get sick. His mom lost a lot of weight in the last year before she passed so I am wondering if that is where he is getting the fear from.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,493 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Steps: 9,139
    Exercise: ✔️
    Rings: ✔️
    Physio: ✔️

Mini walks today. I am off to put supper in the crockpot and then go get blood work.

It’s quiet in here. Anyone have any NSV’s? Maybe someone could share some progress pictures. Have a healthy Thursday!

• torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    NSV: I was able to keep up in my resistance class last night! I was worried it was going to be too hard or I was going to have to modify everything, but I was able to do all the workouts the way they were. I felt so proud of myself. I can't wait to continue seeing progress!

Great losses and steps this week, everyone. I hope everyone is having a good week so far. Almost to the weekend! (My mantra this week).
  • KarlysFreedom
    KarlysFreedom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sorry, that I don't comment on here much. I try to read the comments daily or every other day.

I have a new doctor and she subscribed some new meds to help with an issue I was having. Hopefully, this will help me get back on track with losing weight.

@lindamtuck2018

Sorry, I'm late in responding back to your question.
    Yes, I have support hose & wraps but they don't always stop my legs from swelling. Because, I have problems with the way my blood flows. Very slowly (poorly) which causes different problems in my legs/body.
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    @RoblinB @NachDeezy
    ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    torih941 wrote: »
    NSV: I was able to keep up in my resistance class last night! I was worried it was going to be too hard or I was going to have to modify everything, but I was able to do all the workouts the way they were. I felt so proud of myself. I can't wait to continue seeing progress!

Great losses and steps this week, everyone. I hope everyone is having a good week so far. Almost to the weekend! (My mantra this week).

I love that NSV - well done my friend!
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    ddainiak wrote: »
    My NSV - Guess who is no longer obese! Made it to the overweight category! 😉

YES!! Way to go!!
  • Heretochange88
    Heretochange88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Heretochange88

PW- 369.2
    CW- 368.2

-1lb

A loss is a loss.... getting closer to my goal 💪🏻💪🏻
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 214 Member
    Options

@ddainiak That's great! I am chasing that goal, too! That is my target weight for the Christmas challenge.
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

My mom is has criticized me all my adult life since I put the weight on. Now she tells me I am starting to look like the old Linda. I try to tell her I am the same person no matter what I weigh. It’s hard enough for me to realize this without other people telling me. She is very thin and I don’t think she realizes how hard it is to lose weight. She is not going to change at her age. My husband is the one that wants me to stop. He is terrified that I will get sick. His mom lost a lot of weight in the last year before she passed so I am wondering if that is where he is getting the fear from.

At 60 i finally realise how much impact those little comments from friends and relatives really have on our lives! My mother had been telling me for the last 28lbs that im thin enough! Why? I'm really not sure about people motives! It's taken me years to realise i have to do what's right for me and take no notice of other people!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 465.4
    CW - 463

167 total pounds down and quite a bit to go, but I am well beyond the halfway point (which is pretty friggin cool). I was definitely worried after injuring my foot that I was going to struggle to break even, so definitely taking this as the biggest win of all time.

Yes! Don't let minor setbacks give you an excuse to fail! You've got this!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options

Congratulations!!! Your post made me curious so I've just looked it up and I've moved to overweight from obese too!!!! Yay congrats to all the overweighters!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Friday weigh in

Pw 185.2
    Cw 185.2

Well after 5 days in Barcelona, walking an average of 6 miles a day and eating not one single extra thing or having an alcoholic drink my weight is exactly the same. But it's OK because i know my body and I'm expecting a drop of 1.5 or 2lb tomorrow or the next day! It always takes a few days for the loss to show up (as opposed to the gains where 5lb can appear overnight!!!)
This discussion has been closed.