Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @steffibabiie The concert sounds fun, have a great time! Thank you! I had tried not to buy clothes until I was at goal but my jeans almost fell down while taking a college class walking to my car, I figured I needed to not traumatize a bunch of 18-year-olds and bought some clothes that fit after that. I DID feel way better in clothes that fit though I bought some dumb things like white jeans when I'm a klutz and always in the garden just because I'm so used to wearing black. Definitely consider a new outfit for the furthest concert if you can, I think it would make the night even more special.

@trooworld Thank you! Oh no is the belt not running smooth or is it literally a slippery spot? That's pretty scary, I'm glad you contacted them and are being careful. Oh yuck I hope the sinus infection clears up fast, that does make sense with the vertigo and hope it's the reason. Great job on yesterday, that's awesome!

@Veta2018 That's a great idea to get emails on Mindful Eating. I like your fleshing out the triggers for hunger. I'm embarrassed to admit if I have any strong emotion I think of food whether it's good or bad. Congrats on 20lbs down, woot woot!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Oh no that's not good about your ankle, I'm so sorry to hear how bad it is. Your nails are very cool! I wish you didn't have to go through this surgery right now on top of everything else but hope it will give you some relief and more stability when walking.

@FushiaKat Wow your Halloween room is awesome, good luck! Argh, couldn't your liver let you be happy for a day or two about your kidney function before having high enzymes? It does seem to always be a trade-off, you ARE doing all the right things.

@laurelfit57 I'm glad you're having a wonderful time with your family, sounds like you're doing great! Hope you sleep that cold away, take good care.

Hi Mission Slimpossibles! I had PT this morning and got to add standing exercises. I went for one walk in the neighborhood then decided to skip the rest and get some of my fall/winter seedlings in that I started about a month ago then iced my back, rested, showered, and here I am. Tomorrow's my surgery follow-up appointment, not expecting any problems there but need to make a question list. I actually DID focus on eating both lunch and dinner without reading or watching anything, YES! Have a great Wednesday and keep being awesome!
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Oh that's a great NSV, @laurelfit57. Nobody should have to endure too-tight pants!

I managed to overcome a mild dinner emergency: the planned roasted pork loin had to be nixed because the pork was still frozen solid. But instead of junk, air fryer brussels sprouts and a chicken sausage got me through 00s Emo Playlist night at yoga. Trying to make up for last week's poor choices. (On the other hand, no leftovers for lunch tomorrow. :'(
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all,

I'm finally back on track. I've been eating my 3 golo meals and haven't binged on candy for 2 whole days. It's been rough. I bought a loose leaf tea steeper/spoon and I've been drinking about 2 or 3 cups of tea in the evening. I love Chamomile, Chia and Vanilla and all the many varieties they come in. It seems to help with the after dinner binging.

I got a good workout in today and it also felt really good, but there is a price to pay for that and I'm feeling the repercussions right now. Lol, I'm going to try again tomorrow.

Lol, thanks to the time change I'm finally getting up an hour earlier and I'm getting more done than normal. Now, I have to work on getting up another hour earlier, so that I'm right on schedule when we spring forward. Lol... I'm such a sleeper.

Ok, I'm tired, tomorrow is my weigh in and I'm hoping for a good one. Y'all have a great rest of your evening.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @Veta2018 Ooh good to know about. Great job not eating the cookies! Congrats on the loss!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Oh I thought she was pregnant at the same time as Hunter was pregnant with her first. I think I am confused, you have two grandkids now. Oh wait, one is from your son, right? Thanks about my migraines. Oh gosh, I'm sorry about your ankle. When is your surgery? Cool nails! I have been putting on Kiss press-on and glue-on nails lately. I like that it is easy to do.

@FushiaKat Good luck with the contest, I hope you win!

@laurelfit57 I'm glad you had a great weekend. That's an awesome NSV. I hope you can knock that cold out quickly.

@Katmary71 Hmmm...good question. It's almost as if there is oil on a spot on the belt but there isn't. I just hit it and go off balance. Thanks! Sounds like you are doing great. I hope the follow-up goes well today.

@badnoodle Great job pivoting when the pork was frozen. That happens to me a lot and I always struggle for solutions.

@DrewsAnna Congrats on getting back on track and not binging on candy for 2 days! I'm glad the tea is helping.

Hi all. I did really well on the below mindfulness goal yesterday. I ate breakfast but then my stomach was hurting really badly (I think maybe it was the antibiotics that I took with food but who knows?). I didn't eat lunch because I asked myself if I was hungry and I was not. I ate a small amount for dinner and stopped when I was reasonably full. I gave myself a "9" because I did eat a tiny bit too much at breakfast.

GOALS FOR THE MINDFULNESS CHALLENGE:
    Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 9 (1-10, 10 is the best)

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 and everyone else. The blood tests showing I am low in vitamin D and that's it. Blood, liver, kidney and thyroid all good. No inflammation. U. A. Negative for ketones.
    The doctor managed to get a MRI set up in a couple weeks. I have chose to do it without contrast. If the hospital is not ok with that then I'll not get the MRI.

The advice from the doc I'll be taking vitamin D everyday. Advice from my wife I'll take a baby aspirin as well.
    My wife noticed the my B12 is on the lower side of good so I'll finding a good source and start taking that.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat – Your Halloween room is phenomenal – good luck!
    @Katmary71 – You’re cracking me up with your visual at college! Seems like this surgery will be a piece of cake compared to the other 2. With those, I had staples along the side of my foot from just below the pinkie toe all the way to curving up around the back of my ankle bone. Had to have casts for a couple months each time, plus walking boots for a couple months. Just awful. Good luck at your surgery follow-up!
    @badnoodle – 2000s Emo for yoga? Sounds…entertaining :)
    @DrewsAnna – What does GOLO stand for again? I forgot. I’m so glad you’re enjoying tea. A blend of chamomile and lavender (50/50 ratio) is lovely when you’re ready to wind down.
    @trooworld – I see your confusion. My son’s wife was pregnant with Sophie at the same time Hunter was pregnant with Byron. Currently my daughter Sydney is pregnant with Oliver while Hunter is pregnant with Brayden (we don’t know gender yet, but she’s doing what I did when I was pregnant with her….same name whether a boy or girl). My surgery is scheduled for Dec 22. It’s a Friday, then I have the 4 day holiday weekend, so I’ll end up just needing a couple sick days. The guy doing my nails was intrigued by the color changing as he was putting the polish on :) Kiss makes some really fun decorated nails :) I just needed some self-care and had been thinking about getting acrylics again. Hard to type, but super fun! Nice report on the mindfulness eating!
    Just checking in to say good morning to everyone! Stay strong and make good choices!
  • 19shmoo69
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Welp, they managed to get an opening for an MRI today. They were ok with no contrast. Then I was left in a small dressing room for a few minutes and all I did was stew on what could go wrong. I didn't know about the plastic cage going over my head. That plus the squeeze on my large frame I instantly felt what if I get stuck how do I get out and realized I couldn't. I asked to leave. I only made it a few seconds.
    Now I'm consumed with thoughts that I've failed again.
  • DaveJ_43
    DaveJ_43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    DaveJ_43
    Weigh In Monday
    PW: 230.8
    CW: 230.4

Baby step this week
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Was it a closed MRI? You didn't fail, a lot of people are claustrophobic in those, I honestly didn't know I was that bad until my first MRI and I either go in open ones now or take Ativan which means I need a driver. What was the concern with contrast are you allergic to it? That cage over the face definitely makes feeling the sides of the tube even worse! My first MRI was my entire spine and the first thing I thought since the 89 earthquake had just hit in the Bay Area then was how if the building collapsed I'd be stuck in that tube and wouldn't be able to wiggle out.

Hi friends! Things went well with my check-up appointment, able to drive and up to an 8lb weight limit. I told him I've really wanted to order a turkey but wanted more than a 4lb one on my grocery deliveries so it's getting better! I treated my Mom and I to lunch as she gave me the ride. My stitches are gone too thank goodness, stupid things really itched! My nephew's middle school concert is tonight so I'm going to make that my first adventure, I know it will mean a lot to him and my friend from the charity will be there with her son as well. I'm going early to get a parking spot, it's down the street from my brother's but I'm not expecting to be able to walk far afterward and think going early and reading in the car is a better bet.

Have a great Thursday!
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    @Katmary71 I've never had the contrast so I wouldn't know if I was allergic. I have some friends that read up on recently and shared with me that it is not good. I shared that with the lady today and asked if she had read up on it. She said she had and if I did it would be terrifying to me too. That just confirmed to me that didn't want it. Which was funny because immediately after that she started trying to change my mind but then telling it's my right to not use it.
    Right after they slid me in is when I had the thoughts of if something happened there's no way to pull myself out. Uniquely if they would've not asked me the last time if I was ok I probably would've just laid there scared out my wits until it was over. I'm glad I didn't have to go through with it.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Wednesday
    PW 159.3
    CW 158.6

I'm so tired, I'll catch up tomorrow. Have a good evening!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @19shmoo69 That's good that it is something that you can just take supplements for. Don't feel like a failure about the MRI..many people get claustrophobic in those. They even started making "open MRIs" where they are less enclosing. I get freaked out in MRIs too.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Yes that's it. I like the name Brayden for a girl or boy. Oh that's good that your surgery falls on a holiday weekend. Yes, I just had some Halloween nails on...very fun! They glowed in the dark. Yes, that is the problem when I get longer nails so I always keep them short lol.

@DaveJ_43 Good job, Dave!

@Katmary71 Yay for a good check-up! I'm glad it went well and you got your stitches out.

@DrewsAnna Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I did really well with the mindfulness goal yesterday. I went to the potluck and had some food but didn't have seconds. Then they brought out pizza and salad and I just got up and went inside back to work. I really wanted some of that pizza but I was already full from the food I ate. I gave myself a 7 because I was a little full after lunch.

Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 7 (1-10, 10 is the best)

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    @steffibabiie - oh, that's cool. I love going to concerts. My oldest son listens to all those bands. I like a few songs by Rise Against and Blink 182 too. I've been to a lot of concerts. Recently my husband and I seen Stevie Nicks and Billy Joel.

@FushiaKat - Good luck in the Halloween contest. I like your skeleton rooftop party's. I hope you win.

@Katmary71 - Good progress in your recovery. I'm sure you're glad to be driving again.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - Your nails look great. I occasionally like to treat myself to a mani/pedi day too.

@trooworld - Good job on another successful mindful day and resisting pizza.

@19shmoo69 - I hope everything goes well for you.

@DrewsAnna - You're making progress, nice job!

I've been mindfully eating without distractions 50% of the time. It's most difficult when I'm alone or when I'm only eating a small finger food snack. It just feels awkward sometimes. It's important to be mindful towards exercise too. We make mindful choices when we decide to take the stairs instead of the elevator.

Mindful challenge: Take a walk that lasts at least 10 minutes — preferably longer — and appreciate the sounds, colors, and smells of your natural environment without distractions.

I took a walk through our woods with my husband. I observed all the colors changing in the tree's. The leaves starting to collect in the trails, along with the deer tracks. I felt a cool breeze on my face. It was nice to be outside and smell the fresh air after spending the day in the house.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a really bad day, I have a horrible cold, and have been in bed for a couple of days. I don’t know what was up with yesterday, but I ate everything in the house. I would love to be one of those people who gets sick and loses their appetite. 🥴. My temperature has finally come down, I did a Covid test, it was negative so I just have a bad cold. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @19shmoo69 I'd think if you haven't had a bunch of surgeries you probably don't need the contrast, depends on what they're looking for as far as it being suggested but since I've had a bunch of surgeries in the pelvis and spine I need to have it. I also had it when they were concerned about chest pain and aside of a liver biopsy and gallbladder removal I haven't had any surgeries around that area. I hear you on them asking, just get it over with! I tried to keep my eyes closed the first time and the noise startled me into opening them. My brother is scared by it too, I think the freak-outs are common in those!

@trooworld Thanks! Funny I feel awkward not doing anything but eating too, it's easier when you eat around someone else but then you're more focused on the conversation right? That walk sounds awesome, the trees are so pretty right now.

@laurelfit57 Hugs my friend, hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Hi gang! I'm about to go for a walk so this is fast, totally spaced mindful eating as I had two appointments then dealing with my stupid car, there's a nail in the tire and it will need to be replaced. Battery was charged and I drove all over and it's holding thank goodness. I'm trying to find a way not to sit at the tire store but it may mean Ubering one way. Off to walk, have a great Friday!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    bethanie0825
    Day - Friday
    PW 263
    CW 262
  • trooworld
    Options
    Trooworld
    Fridays
    PW: 234.2
    CW: 233.6

-0.6 lbs
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Veta2018 I love Billy Joel but only his older music. One of my favorite albums of his is 1982's The Nylon Curtain. Thank you, I'm glad I resisted. That's a good point about exercise. We can practice mindfulness in lots of areas of our lives. I think that would make it easier to stick to. What a nice walk you had!

@laurelfit57 Oh no, I'm so sorry about your horrible day and the cold. I don't lose my appetite when sick, either. I want comfort food. Hope today is better.

@Katmary71 Did you mean that comment to me for @Veta2018? She took the walk and was talking about feeling awkward. I hope you can take care of the tire, that's annoying, isn't it?

@bethanie0825 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. Although I didn't lose much weight this week, at least I didn't gain. And I had several NSVs so I'm happy this week. My NSVs include:
    • walking on the walking pad once
    • increasing water intake
    • tracking 6 out of 7 days
    • some success in my mindfulness efforts

Yesterday, I only ate when hungry. I stopped eating dinner when full, actually throwing food away off my plate...that rarely happens. Today, I am going to be driving about an hour away to meet a former colleague. We are going to an art museum and then going antiquing. It should be fun.

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 7 (1-10, 10 is the best)

• davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    pw 266.7
    cw 265.4
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday