Happy turkey day yall
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thursday steps 4199
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    Is anyone in the US shopping 'black friday' ? I'm almost 50 and have never taken part, lol, I was wondering what that's like and if it's worth it. I think it takes more mental stamina then I possess...but good luck on sales if you're hunting them down!

Today is Thanksgiving in the US. I have a list of annoyances that will probably get better after my coffee brews. I didn't want to do this holiday this year. With the health issues of hubby and mine - we can't do a gravy loaded day. I'm kinda thinking of kidnapping him and going out to kick it on the trail this morning and not prepping a single thing. Nothing. Then come home and eat healthy food. But uh' first... coffee.

I haven't Black Fiday shopped in a couple of years. My dil and her momma will this year as they love much closer to St. Louis than I do.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    ac2lpddbm3sm.png
    To all celebrating hope you have a lovely day with family & friends or on your own.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    Is anyone in the US shopping 'black friday' ? I'm almost 50 and have never taken part, lol, I was wondering what that's like and if it's worth it. I think it takes more mental stamina then I possess...but good luck on sales if you're hunting them down!

Today is Thanksgiving in the US. I have a list of annoyances that will probably get better after my coffee brews. I didn't want to do this holiday this year. With the health issues of hubby and mine - we can't do a gravy loaded day. I'm kinda thinking of kidnapping him and going out to kick it on the trail this morning and not prepping a single thing. Nothing. Then come home and eat healthy food. But uh' first... coffee.

@Itadakimasu7

Many moons ago, I'd go out, stand in line and do the "in person" BF Shopping, but now, the deals online are just as good, if not better, with free shipping, so why bother...usually the online ones start earlier and go through the following Monday too...so before you go, look online first...I just got a new vacuum cleaner at 50% off, plus an extra $10 off and free shipping...and it was delivered yesterday. That was my one necessity this year...

Jessica
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I grabbed husband and hit the trail this morning - after coffee. In fact I brought a thermos with me :D I was really happy there were so many mushrooms this late in the season and some pretty odd ones. I took a lot of nature photos... My kids were left to reckon with Thanksgiving, which turned out to be fantastic. I came home to a hot meal. I've been vegetarian for awhile so ate the side items and that turned out great.

@jessicakrall8 - 50% a vac is a good deal!

• kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    kcpond

Thursday
    PW: 235.9
    CW: 234.8
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7 Awesome pictures! That trail looks so beautiful and the weather is nice as well. Here it is pouring rain again.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Today, I’m driving to Charlotte, NC with my son. He’ll continue on to meet his college friends in Columbia, SC and watch the Clemson University football team play the rival University of South Carolina team. I’m catching an evening flight home. Our older son is also returning to Boston this afternoon. We have a lot of leftovers so I’m going to move some things to the freezer tomorrow.

We’re planning our next holiday family get-together, and we really should have started earlier because flights are relatively expensive now. We could drive and stop to visit friends in New York along the way, but I’m not going to worry about it today. For now, I’m just going to focus on time with my older son before I hit the road with my younger son.

Then, I’ll have a lot to do this weekend to get back on track with my health/ nutrition/ exercise, as well as many work tasks, my household decluttering project (that has been moving so slowly), and planning for the Christmas and New Year holidays. I’m spending the winter holidays with my mother while my sister and her husband and daughter travel with friends; but my husband doesn’t want to spend all that time in Boston. So, there are some scheduling puzzles to put together over the next few days! I’m sure it will work out in the end. I’m just hoping to weave in a few fun outings while fulfilling my upcoming caregiver role and travel commitments.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,225 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 11/21: 13,392
    Wed 11/22: 17,778
    Thu 11/23: 9,885
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,225 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    November week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday, November 24
    PW: 242.5
    CW: 243.2 ( gained 0.7 lbs; 0.29%)
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    Friday steps 2045
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @frankbrown - Oh man, having to weigh in the day after Thanksgiving, that's rough! Not a bad weigh in, I think my scale broke this morning.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 11/23
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: ✅
    under calories: ✅
    20g net carbs : ❌
    30 min exercise: ✅
    30 min walk : ✅
    Steps: 10276
    Water: 96

Today’s Goal: 🪵 🍲 . 18hr fast, turn off my devices 1 hr before bed 🛌.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Steps
    11/22 7,745
    11/23 4,222
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Fridays
    Previous weight-180.6
    Current weight-183.6
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 140.4
    CW 140.6

My steps
    11/22 16,960
    11/23 19,707
    11/24 16,061
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    nancyinmo
    Saturday
    PW: 132.8
    CW: 132.2
    This is indeed a surprise. It wasn’t just Thanksgiving; we had a house full of people for the week (some are still here), and there was a lot of eating out, which is always difficult for me. But whether this week was a gain or loss, it was worth it: it’s been a fabulous visit with family and many wonderful memories were made❤️
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 213.8
    CW 215
This discussion has been closed.