Replies

• Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Wednesday steps 3809
  • lianatherunner
    lianatherunner Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    @lianatherunner Congratulations! Looks like a really nice medal too! Honestly, pretty good timing for a marathon, just days after Thanksgiving when your in carbo loading mode.

I see that you’re wearing a camel back. Did they have water support ? Or do you just prefer that? One of my favorite things about an organized race is someone handing me a cup of water every couple miles.

Haha, I prefer to carry my own water. I like to drink every mile or half-mile, and I find the cups impossible to drink from. I do a lot of half-marathons through a small local company and they have gone mostly cupless (for environmental purposes) and suggest that people bring their own water. I'm just used to it at this point!

• murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 11/29
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: ✅
    under calories: ✅
    20g net carbs : ✅
    30 min exercise 🏋️: ✅
    30 min walking 🚶‍♂️:✅
    10 min Meditation 🧘✅
    Steps: 8561
    Water: 88

Today’s Goal: 🪵 🍲 . 20hr fast, Read cohort 📚 study, turn off my devices 1 hr before bed 🛌.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Steps
    11/29 5,803
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on completing the marathon @lianatherunner — Amazing! 🎉🤩🎉

Nice step count @JenHul and everyone participating! I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your trip. I’m trying to plan an escape from the cold weather later in the winter and I’m already excited thinking about it!

@murdog3t — You’re doing a great job staying’in the green zone’ of your daily goal! 🙌

• Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thursday steps 3150
  • DarinGettingHawtin2013
    Options
    DarinGettingHawtin2013

Steps
    27Nov 7006
    28Nov 7814
    29Nov 7645
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    My steps
    11/25 12,267
    11/26 12,331
    11/27 14,221
    11/28 14,711
    11/29 20,285
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,221 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @lianatherunner -- Congratulations on completing your marathon! Do you think you were lacking electrolytes? I understand electrolytes are especially important on long runs. I drink them even though I typically don't run further than 5k or 10k.
    @SavageMrsMoose -- Good luck on your marathon!

I'm hoping to be able to run a half marathon one of these days. So far, in the last two years, I've run a 5k every other month or so and a 10k three times and one three-hour endurance run. I had planned on running a 10k right after Thanksgiving but decided against it due to a sore Achilles tendon. I'm hoping to be ready to try again on December 9th at the Summit Rock 10k that takes place among the redwoods in the Santa Cruz mountains. 🤞

• pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    pedal__power
    PW 205.4
    CW 207.8

11/28 14,300
    11/29 11,999
    11/30 14,016

Ugh, I just exceeded my max weight. My workload and schedule outside of work have been bonkers lately and it's not going to slow down until Christmas. Despite that, I am trying to log food as much as I can so that I can keep some awareness up of my intake. I am getting a reasonable amount of sleep and getting some shorter work outs in. I'm hoping this will be enough keep my weight steady for now until things slow down a bit and I can come up with a better plan.

I'd better opt out of the step challenge for December but will still aim to get 13K+ steps in a day.

Hope everyone is doing okay.
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Beautiful photos @Pupowl ! I'll be walking every day in December too. I don't find the cold too bad if I dress for it. It's the darkness that I find most unmotivating. I appreciate that some people have their Christmas lights up. I'm drawn to walk my dog along the streets with the most festive lights.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose Thank you! Sorry to hear that the shot gave you so much trouble. Taking a rest when those things happen is never a bad thing.
    @pedal__power Thanks! I love the cold actually so that is also not a problem for me. It is really nice now, but we had 3 weeks or so with really bad winds and pouring rain all day which was getting pretty depressing. I had the same talk with my mom because she was also down from being inside with the rain, I told her to just go in the rain! So gotta take my own advice as well. I can walk whenever I want thankfully, so the darkness isn't a problem. I don't think I would enjoy walking the streets at night, though with a dog is already more fun! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.