Steps
    12/1 5,111
    12/2 7,719
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Please sign me up for step challenge
    5,000 steps
    I walk during my 2nd job I try to get outside but weather is changing so I'm riding my bike inside strapping my Garmin around my ankle
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Wk 1 - Sun, Dec 3
    PW: 174.0
    CW: 173.6
    Gain/Loss: -0.4

SW: 178.8 (started May 2023)
    LTD: loss 5.2
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Zaxa2021 wrote: »
    My name is Julie, I'm 35 years old, married, SAHM to two year old twins, living in Arizona.

For my diet, I've recently been playing with OMAD, but I'm not sure if that is working well for me. I think I'm going to give it another week before reassessing and deciding if I should continue with it.

My goal is to solidly get to 133 this month (I saw it briefly a couple of months ago, but it didn't last long).

Heya Julie...what is OMAD? Just curious...running after 2-yr-old twins is all the exercise plan you need, some days, right?! LOL Bet they keep you hopping!

Love your goals for the month! WTG!
    Jessica

OMAD is one meal a day, a variation of intermittent fasting. The idea is you eat all of your calories in one meal, and don't eat the rest of the day. I'm having hard getting enough calories at the one time and then I derail later so it's not working too well for me. I'm playing around with my meal, trying to see if different macro allotments work better.

I struggle because I'm in the kitchen all day (or so it feels), preparing food and feeding the kids and doing dishes. It's hard for me to just forget about food, so I'm hoping just eating once will shift the focus off of eating outside of my eating time. But I might have to come up with a new strategy because this hasn't been working to well so far.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters!

I’m Patrice, a 57 year old woman from Alexandria, VA. I work at the intersection of education and other systems — e.g., health, mental health, employment, and independent living — mainly for children with developmental delays or disabilities but not exclusively.

My husband and I have been married for 33 years, and we both grew up in Boston, so we’ve maintained a strong connection with our friends and family members there. We lived in Japan and Germany before we had children, which allowed us to travel within Asia and Europe a bit. We still enjoy traveling wherever we have the opportunity.

We also stayed in Japan for about a year when our two sons were very young. They are now ages 22 and 23 years old, so they live near their universities most of the year and return home during some of their school breaks. I’m gradually adjusting to the ‘empty nest.’ Part of that transition incudes downsizing a lot of the stuff that accumulated while raising children. I’m slowly decluttering and making space for this new phase of life and future experiences.

Improving my health/fitness level is a major focus of this transition work, as I reestablish my ‘identity.’ I’ve always been active, but it was more difficult to find time for exercise and plan health meals that everyone would enjoy while trying to balance school, sports, and community activities while also fulfilling work, business travel, and other daily commitments. So, this has been a period of adjustment and still requires dedicated practice.

I joined MFP at about 168 pounds when the pandemic hit our area and I decided to concentrate on improving my health to increase my likelihood of surviving if I caught the virus. My work was still very busy because we had to shift in-person health services to Telehealth and teaching moved online, which required lots of changes, but I was also able to step back from many volunteer responsibilities. I actually enjoyed the slower pace of family life, cooking and hiking with our sons, etc. but I recognize that this period was very difficult in many other ways.

I met my weight goal of 125-130 after about 18 months, and shortly after joining this group. I joined the F2F challenge around May 2021, and reached 125 in August or September of that year. I was able to maintain my goal for about a year but got off track when I had to shift my primary focus from nutrition to support some family members. I’ve gradually gained back about 10-15 pounds over a period of a year or 18 months.

Last week, I had a ‘wake-up’ call because I’m approaching an overweight BMI. So, I’ve made some positive changes over the past couple days. I’m looking forward to keeping the momentum going forward. My rowing group can’t take a boat on the river in the cold weather but our winter conditioning workouts start on Tuesday after a month-long break. The new schedule is the motivation I need to establish a new routine!

Best wishes to our team and welcome to all the new Shape Shifter members! Onward!!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    My steps for the end of the month
    11/30 20,285
    12/1 12,552
    12/2 10,971
    I would like to join the Step Challenge for December please.My goal is a bit lower for winter at 14,000 steps.I like to walk in my local park & also if its wet I walk into down & walk around the Shopping Centre.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    My name is Julie, I'm 35 years old, married, SAHM to two year old twins, living in Arizona.

For my diet, I've recently been playing with OMAD, but I'm not sure if that is working well for me. I think I'm going to give it another week before reassessing and deciding if I should continue with it.

My goal is to solidly get to 133 this month (I saw it briefly a couple of months ago, but it didn't last long).

Heya Julie...what is OMAD? Just curious...running after 2-yr-old twins is all the exercise plan you need, some days, right?! LOL Bet they keep you hopping!

Love your goals for the month! WTG!
    Jessica

OMAD is one meal a day, a variation of intermittent fasting. The idea is you eat all of your calories in one meal, and don't eat the rest of the day. I'm having hard getting enough calories at the one time and then I derail later so it's not working too well for me. I'm playing around with my meal, trying to see if different macro allotments work better.

I struggle because I'm in the kitchen all day (or so it feels), preparing food and feeding the kids and doing dishes. It's hard for me to just forget about food, so I'm hoping just eating once will shift the focus off of eating outside of my eating time. But I might have to come up with a new strategy because this hasn't been working to well so far.

Thanks for the explanation...I understand what you mean about wanting to forget about food. Feels like I'm always planning for the next meal. I'm doing intermittent fasting with 2 meals a day during an 8 hr window and then fasting for 16. I can't say I do it all the time...I'm sometimes hungry in the morning at work and I'll have oatmeal. I have a horrible affinity for the mcmuffins at McDs though...UGH! Try to only do that once a week, but can't say I have a solid handle on it...

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    11/30 20,285
    12/1 12,552
    12/2 10,971
    I would like to join the Step Challenge for December please. My goal is a bit lower for winter at 14,000 steps. I like to walk in my local park & also if its wet I walk into down & walk around the Shopping Centre.

@izzyred9400 I have 20,285 for you on 11/29...are you sure it's the exact same for 11/30? Let me know.
    Jessica
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

8vjk8eaaa5v1.png
    e6j5dvukd2bc.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    v8buqnvhcojj.png

By Pounds
    t7rfrakbmvqz.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    fmiq1n3r005l.png
    3r41gwjvxp32.png

By Pounds
    e31cz9durdpn.png

Team Winners
    3l6364eyhxix.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

89muscwf9lh5.png
    1wkfqogflthv.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    25quesw5r6gu.png

By Pounds
    fd0cx3ow3cvn.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    sy0znrgxzde9.png
    a2ie87dul260.png

By Pounds
    pfynxo4xklzp.png

Team Winners
    yrb531ew30g7.png
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    11/30 20,285
    12/1 12,552
    12/2 10,971
    I would like to join the Step Challenge for December please. My goal is a bit lower for winter at 14,000 steps. I like to walk in my local park & also if its wet I walk into down & walk around the Shopping Centre.

@izzyred9400 I have 20,285 for you on 11/29...are you sure it's the exact same for 11/30? Let me know.
    Jessica

The 11/30 is 21,102
    Sorry I have to jot it down from my Garmin app & sometimes gets lost in translation 🤪
  • lianatherunner
    lianatherunner Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh-in
    PW 140.2

Steps 11/27 (sorry, I don't know how far to go back! 1,597
    11/28 769
    11/29 649
    11/30 11,548
    12/1 12,285
    12/2 27,681

Okay, I'm generally not technology-challenged, but can someone tell me the most direct way to find these threads? I rarely spend a lot of time on this app, but I find it time consuming and kind of stressful even with the thread bookmarked. I have to click so many places just to get to my bookmarks! I'd be more reliable about posting if it weren't for that! I'm still aiming for 10k steps a day.
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85 Weigh-in for Sunday December 3rd
    PW=205 lbs
    CW=203 lbs
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 11/01
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: ✅
    under calories: ✅
    20g net carbs : ✅
    30 min exercise 🏋️: ✅
    30 min walking 🚶‍♂️:✅
    10 min Meditation 🧘✅
    Steps: 9317
    Water: 88

Today’s Goal: 🪵 🍲, 18 hr fast, Read cohort 📚 study, turn off my devices 1 hr before bed 🛌.

Username: Murdog3t
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Goal weight:140
    SW: 161.8
    11/3: 159.2
    11/10 156.6
    11/17. 156.6
    11/23 156.6
    12/01 158
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,225 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @lianatherunner
    There are several ways to solve that problem. Here's one:

On any community page, there will be a top banner with links to Categories, Discussions, Groups, etc... and to the far right, some icons like 🔍🔔✉️. Clicking the bell will give you a dropdown that lists your Notifications. At the bottom of that dropdown, there's a link All Notifications. Clicking on that link will bring you to this page:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile/notifications <-- bookmark this link
    (if you aren't seeing many notifications, then you probably don't have the thread bookmarked)

The next step requires that I make a distinction between MFP bookmarks and your browser's bookmarks.

You can save yourself a lot of clicking if you bookmark (in your browser) the pages you want to frequently view (like the one above). If this isn't clear, let me know and I'll elaborate.

P.S. you can also create a folder on your browser's bookmark bar in which you can save links to numerous threads. Tacking on #latest to a thread's URL is helpful. For example:
    With the following URL, replace the "/p2" at the end with "#latest" and you'll always come back to where you left off:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10904435/shape-shifters-team-chat-december-2023/p2 <-- this always takes you to the top of page 2
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10904435/shape-shifters-team-chat-december-2023#latest <-- this takes you to a point on the page you last viewed

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,225 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @Pupowl
    Coincidentally, I had a pancake for breakfast this morning. I used ⅓ cup of Buttermilk Pancake Mix to make one good size pancake. Today I added blueberries, but I just bought some bacon so in a few days I might have another with bacon. I also like them with bananas or pecans.

I recently learned of the Dutch Baby pancake. I've made one quite a few times now. I thought it was a strange name, then I learned that the name came about because an American restaurant owner added a baby version of a German (Deutsch) pancake to his menu, but due to a typo or misunderstanding, the Deutsch baby-pancake became known as the Dutch Baby Pancake. 😄

P.S. I am envious of your easy access to a National Park!
  • lianatherunner
    lianatherunner Posts: 45 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I use the app and it's somewhere between 5 and 2 million clicks, and by the time the various pages load, I'm bored and onto something else. I'll figure it out. I actually forgot my password and have trouble logging in on my laptop, and also, my laptop is extremely slow and sometimes takes half an hour to wake up (that is absolutely not an exaggeration) so I can't imagine using MFP on there. Sigh. Thanks, though.
This discussion has been closed.