Shape Shifters Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    @frankwbrown That sounds delishes! Can't go wrong with bacon (though I don't eat meat anymore myself). The annoying thing is that the pancake mix just lists the calories for a prepared pancake, as if they know how much someone pours in the pan, what milk they use, how much butter etc. I just want to know the calories for the flour mix. I will figure it out though. It says the whole box is enough for 12 pancakes so I can at least work out how much mix I need. That's funny about the Dutch pancake. I think a lot of those translation mishaps happen with Dutch/Deutch. People compare German to Dutch a lot as well, though to me it doesn't sound that similar.
    I feel you on the devil on your shoulder. The brain is crazy good at justifying things that you know are not healthy for you. It really is a pain in the behind sometimes. I try to argue back with something positive, but it is not that surprising that we sometimes give in. I am sure you will make it to your goal!
  • magnusMLQ
    magnusMLQ Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    MagnusMLQ
    Monday
    PW 238.3
    CW 234.6

Would like to sign up for the steps challenge.
    Goal = 10000/day steps. Yesterday (Sunday, Dec 3) - 4613 steps.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday All!

@pupowl Love the snow photos! Beautiful! And no wonder the butterfly puzzle was challenging- looks like a doozy.

@lianatherunner I use the app too. Probably why I have so many typos in my post. Once you figure out the path, it’s not as hard, but I totally was overwhelmed at the beginning. I still never could find the step chart so I post here. I always bookmark it.

I have 4 or 5 groups book marked. I go to community, then my bookmarks (scroll down to the bottom to find them) and then it shows up.

Steps: 12/3 14,208.

Took an actual rest day yesterday after my long run Saturday but ran a million errands. They delivered the tree Saturday. I’d asked for a smaller one this year because of my hurt shoulder- it’s hard to reach the top- and the one they brought is easily 14 feet!!! I’ll post photos when it’s decorated. The guy who delivered it was supposed to let us borrow a tall ladder, but he never came yesterday. It is a beautiful tree, but right now my living room is a is a disaster area with ornaments, boxes, etc everywhere and lights 2/3 the way up a tree…

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Fridays
    Previous weight-183.6
    Current weight-183
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    I want to be back on the step team. I'm going to try to be more active again

12/1-11,100
    12/2-6,933
    12/3-9,818
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I ate horribly this past weekend. Lots of ice cream and ordering food. My husband was in an eating mood and I just followed him. I feel a bit guilty about it now. I did go for a 6 mile run yesterday, which felt good, but doesn't make up for the amount that I ate. I know it happens and it's a part of the journey, but I don't feel good about it.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 12/02
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: ✅
    under calories: ✅
    20g net carbs : ✅
    30 min exercise 🏋️: ✅
    30 min walking 🚶‍♂️:✅
    10 min Meditation 🧘✅
    Steps: 9635
    Water: 88
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 12/03
    30 min exercise 🏋️: ❌
    10 min Meditation 🧘✅
    Steps: 6350

Date: 12/03
    30 min exercise 🏋️: ❌
    10 min Meditation 🧘✅
    Steps: 6350

Today’s Goal: 🪵 🍲, 18 hr fast, Read cohort 📚 study, turn off my devices 1 hr before bed 🛌.prepare for 48 hrs prayer & fasting
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh in
    Pw 226.0
    Cw 226.6

I expected this since there's swelling in my left knee. Come on January 12th
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Monday steps 3357
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    I use the app and it's somewhere between 5 and 2 million clicks, and by the time the various pages load, I'm bored and onto something else. I'll figure it out. I actually forgot my password and have trouble logging in on my laptop, and also, my laptop is extremely slow and sometimes takes half an hour to wake up (that is absolutely not an exaggeration) so I can't imagine using MFP on there. Sigh. Thanks, though.

"Oh, that's different... never mind." 😂
    - Gilda Radner
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    *waves* Hello team! Happy Monday!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    I want to be back on the step team. I'm going to try to be more active again

12/1-11,100
    12/2-6,933
    12/3-9,818

I got you down @angmarie28 and welcome back to the party. Our Dec stats started on Sun 12/3...please make an effort to report in every 2-3 days if you would...thanks! Good luck in Dec.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    magnusMLQ wrote: »
    MagnusMLQ
    Monday
    PW 238.3
    CW 234.6

Would like to sign up for the steps challenge.
    Goal = 10000/day steps. Yesterday (Sunday, Dec 3) - 4613 steps.

@magnusMLQ May I have your first name for the chart, please? Thanks! Good luck in December!
    Jessica
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Steps

12/3: 15,122
    12/4: 12,698
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters. I planned to have a slow and quiet day today, but when I woke up, there was even more new snow! It was absolutely amazing and it would have been a crime to stay inside. So off I went again for a long walk. I was the first one in the forest and the only tracks around were from animals. It was so quiet and so pretty and my heart was very happy. At one point I thought I found a treasure chest under a tree, lol! It looked so cool. The tree log even had moss on it in the shape of a heart; look!
    y6p9zttlgk12.jpg
    cpm0lftv8nq2.png
    Tinus was not as amused by the snow. He tried to find a way around it in the garden. Spoiler: there wasn't one. So he bunny hopped to the back of the garden, looked around in horror for about 10 seconds and then ran back to the house. He was covered in little snow clumps and he refused to go outside again until later in the day when the snow melted a bit and a little path showed up.
    I did some laundry and changed the sheets for the guest bed which was another workout on its own. Winter duvets are such a pain to get in the cover! I also did the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen a bit. My second pancake attempt was even worse than the first (trust me, that's impressive), but it tasted better. The banana mashing is good, now I just need to figure out how to not get the pancake stuck to the pan. Tomorrows quest will be hunting for a big spatula to flip my pancake which should help. :D
    I just finished writing 5 postcards for postcrossing. I normally don't do that in the evening, but it is actually way better since evenings in the winter are so boring to me. I just get tired of the dark and end up wanting to go to bed at like 18:00 so the postcards were a nice little distraction. They are going to Germany, China, Italy and the UK. More pictures under the spoiler. Happy Tuesday everyone <3
    ixinwhnruieg.jpg
    2yobfsli7hep.jpg
    2v7ofli22ydt.jpg
    i7ji5eiu3zbl.jpg
    8qqr55l4nyyp.jpg
    2w8xllf4905b.jpg
This discussion has been closed.