• NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Slimmer sixties
    Friday weight in

Start weight 276lb August 2021

Pw 177.5lb
    Cw 176 lb

I've done it. 100lb lost. I'll be honest and tell you I've cheated to get to goal this week🤣🤣
    I was really naughty and have eaten virtually nothing for 2 days, just too get to goal!
    Thank you everyone for your support, especially Linda! Couldn't have got there without you.
    I'm actually lighter than i want to be ... my maintenance is going to be around 185lb so I'm really looking forward to having a few drinks (no alcohol for the last 3 months) and eating a bit more before starting maintenance in January xx

YES!!!! CONGRATULATIONS🎉🎉🎉🎉
  • prodigal6766
    prodigal6766 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    I will admit I did have chocolate yesterday again but this time I measured and had one serving. Still it’s not something I want to get into regularly. I got to get the chocolate out of my apartment.
    @lindamtuck2018 Even so, I think your actions yesterday are a good example of the adjustments of maintenance. I know for myself, chocolate is never going to leave my life completely. Although I can push these things out of my days when in it is "diet on", how do I balance such things for the rest of my life? These are the questions that worry me for maintenance. Thanks for sharing your last two days with us.

One day at a time. Don’t stress yourself out by thinking too far ahead. Don’t live in the past, don’t live in the future, live for the present.

• prodigal6766
    Options
    Steps: 6,869
    Rings:✔️
    Daily walk:✔️

I got more walking done than I expected. I would do a walk and when I finished I set a timer for 30 minutes then do a walk again. I did this until I couldn’t take the pain anymore. Problem with this is the pain back/leg is really bad today. I will take it easy and I will be back at it tomorrow.

Yesterday, was a stressful day. As most of you know I am taking ozempic for my diabetes. It has helped me lose weight and get to goal. For me, the ozempic dulls the food noise in my head. Now for the stress, I can’t get my prescription refilled as no one has ozempic available. I phone 20+ drugstore yesterday afternoon. I have enough left for one injection. I am absolutely terrified that I will gain my weight back. Also, I don’t want to experience the strong food noise again. Not having that constant noise has been good for my mental health. I know for the most part, I have made some good changes to my diet. I eat more fruit and my snacks are healthier choices. I am praying I can continue these new habits without the ozempic as they don’t expect the shortage to be over until the spring.

Sorry for the rant.

I am also taking ozempic and I just got off of Metformin. I must be eating right, because I don’t see any benefits of the ozempic. I was losing when I started and I’m still losing. I’ll stay on it for a bit longer, but if I don’t need it then I’m ditching it. Don’t freak out if you have to go a week without it. It’s a test. Block that food noise with some good positive self-talk.

• prodigal6766
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    itladyee wrote: »

Eight days straight of weight training sounds like it is not good for you. Take it down to like 3 days a week, hour at the most. I know, I tried to run/walk while on my walks, but it was too jarring on my knees and made me feel like I didn’t want to move or walk for days.
    We will always have excuses to put off doing what needs doing, the key is to get discipline and preparation. I have things happen all throughout my day that throw my schedule off. I have to have the flexibility to adjust on the fly and deal with it. If I do fail, then that is ok. Thee is always the next minute, or hour, or day. You get what I’m saying?

I just needed to get the ball bouncing as I had not being doing anything consistent in quite some time and I kept putting the weights on the back burner.

My weight training is very light as I need to build the strength again. My goal is 6 days and I do a alternate routine: Day 1 - Arm, Legs, 10 min bike and 20 min treadmill. Day 2 - Shoulders, back and chest, 30 minutes treadmill. I do 2 exercises for bicep, tripcep, and then curls, extensions and lunges for my legs. And 2 exercises for shoulders, back and chest. Total weight lifting session is no more than 25 minutes.

I'm working on the discipline factor, that's why I do it first thing in the morning!!!

Instead of a split routine, in order to build strength and good form (key!), try complex movements, like squats, deadlifts, bent-over rows, etc. once you’ve remastered the form and technique then you should move into splits. Do the 5 main movements 3 days a week. You will see much better progress.

• prodigal6766
    Options
    Slimmer sixties
    Friday weight in

Pw 177.5lb
    Cw 176 lb

I've done it. 100lb lost. I'll be honest and tell you I've cheated to get to goal this week🤣🤣
    I was really naughty and have eaten virtually nothing for 2 days, just too get to goal!
    Thank you everyone for your support, especially Linda! Couldn't have got there without you.
    I'm actually lighter than i want to be ... my maintenance is going to be around 185lb so I'm really looking forward to having a few drinks (no alcohol for the last 3 months) and eating a bit more before starting maintenance in January xx

Fasting can be useful, even if it is just to reach a goal, try and break through a plateau, get closer to God, or to cast out demons (much prayer and fasting).
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options

dc1966h3ya63.jpeg

Congratulations to @Slimmersixties on reaching both goal and a 100 pounds lost! I am so proud of you. You are an inspiration to this group.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I am off grocery shopping and then for a coffee with some of the ladies in the building. I will check in and properly read all the post after lunch.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 782 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In

PW: 236.2
    CW: 237.8

Steps

Goal: 6,000
    12/17 - 6,192
    12/18 - 8,990
    12/19 - 5,284
    12/20 - 7,191
    12/21 - 6,380

I'm not surprised at this weight. I was lower than my PW earlier this week, but I lifted heavy yesterday. I generally weigh more for a couple days afterwards lifting. Previously, I would not lift a day or two before Friday weigh in....Let's see what happens next week.
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    @Slimmersixties
    Congratulations!!!!! That's amazing!!!!! 😃😃😃

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,452 Member
    Options
    Slimmer sixties
    Friday weight in

Pw 177.5lb
    Cw 176 lb

Congrats to you... Very proud of you and all you have accomplished :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    I will admit I did have chocolate yesterday again but this time I measured and had one serving. Still it’s not something I want to get into regularly. I got to get the chocolate out of my apartment.
    @lindamtuck2018 Even so, I think your actions yesterday are a good example of the adjustments of maintenance. I know for myself, chocolate is never going to leave my life completely. Although I can push these things out of my days when in it is "diet on", how do I balance such things for the rest of my life? These are the questions that worry me for maintenance. Thanks for sharing your last two days with us.

It’s definitely a life long learning experience to maintain. I find personally if I gave up potato chips it would cause me to binge. Now I look forward to the weekend to have my bag of chips. It’s does scare me when I get those urges to binge. I just have to learn how to not panic and use the tools I learned in therapy. You must be getting close to maintenance. How much more to you want to lose? I think with the support of this group we can do it. Thanks for helping me.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    Slimmer sixties
    Friday weight in

Pw 177.5lb
    Cw 176 lb

Congratulations!!!

jxux8zb9dzrn.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    Pw: 232.2
    Cw:230.6

Was holding off on this weigh in bc of some less than ideal food choices due to stress, but I'm not disappointed. Now, to hop back into the effort and take the stressors as they come! Happy holidays Downsizers!

Well you turn it around for a nice loss. Happy holidays to you too.
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 444
    CW - 440.4

Sticking with the "4" theme. Down 3.6 lbs and knocking on the door of a 190 total loss. What a wild ride this year. Got started with yall in April and now at the years end I am almost 200 lbs lighter. I love yall and appreciate the huge part you've played in saving my life. Lots more work to do in the coming year, but I am ready and know yall got my back.

Much love!

You are amazing. You are going to be at 200 pounds lost before you know it. I hope you know how much we all appreciate you. Your support for everyone is greatly appreciated. Your amazing journey is a big inspiration to us all.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Instead of a split routine, in order to build strength and good form (key!), try complex movements, like squats, deadlifts, bent-over rows, etc. once you’ve remastered the form and technique then you should move into splits. Do the 5 main movements 3 days a week. You will see much better progress.

I was thinking about what you wrote earlier as I was working out this morning and I think I am going to reduce the weights to 3 days a week like you suggest and supplement the other 3 days with continued cardio (Treadmill and bike) and add in core exercises and stretches.

The gym in my apartment is a little limited on equipment but I can make do.

Thanks for the tips!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Slimmer sixties
    Friday weight in

Pw 177.5lb
    Cw 176 lb

I am so proud of you. You know you helped me also. The Christmas weight loss challenge was a big motivator. Just watch you on your journey has really helped me. I will be turning 60 in June. Your drive to be healthy by 60 inspired me. I am glad to have a maintenance buddy.

I will get you moved to maintenance for the January challenge. Give me a maintenance range. I need a low and high range. Mine is 157 to 163.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 6,869
    Rings:✔️
    Daily walk:✔️

I got more walking done than I expected. I would do a walk and when I finished I set a timer for 30 minutes then do a walk again. I did this until I couldn’t take the pain anymore. Problem with this is the pain back/leg is really bad today. I will take it easy and I will be back at it tomorrow.

Yesterday, was a stressful day. As most of you know I am taking ozempic for my diabetes. It has helped me lose weight and get to goal. For me, the ozempic dulls the food noise in my head. Now for the stress, I can’t get my prescription refilled as no one has ozempic available. I phone 20+ drugstore yesterday afternoon. I have enough left for one injection. I am absolutely terrified that I will gain my weight back. Also, I don’t want to experience the strong food noise again. Not having that constant noise has been good for my mental health. I know for the most part, I have made some good changes to my diet. I eat more fruit and my snacks are healthier choices. I am praying I can continue these new habits without the ozempic as they don’t expect the shortage to be over until the spring.

Sorry for the rant.

I am also taking ozempic and I just got off of Metformin. I must be eating right, because I don’t see any benefits of the ozempic. I was losing when I started and I’m still losing. I’ll stay on it for a bit longer, but if I don’t need it then I’m ditching it. Don’t freak out if you have to go a week without it. It’s a test. Block that food noise with some good positive self-talk.

At the beginning of taking ozempic I had bad nausea but that went away. I definitely feel fuller faster but the biggest thing is the food noise being gone. It being gone helps my mental health immensely. With the ozempic my A1C is at 5.1. It’s convenient as it is only one injection.
    Friday Weigh-In

PW: 236.2
    CW: 237.8

Steps

Goal: 6,000
    12/17 - 6,192
    12/18 - 8,990
    12/19 - 5,284
    12/20 - 7,191
    12/21 - 6,380

I'm not surprised at this weight. I was lower than my PW earlier this week, but I lifted heavy yesterday. I generally weigh more for a couple days afterwards lifting. Previously, I would not lift a day or two before Friday weigh in....Let's see what happens next week.

You can change your weigh day if you would like so it fits with your weight lifting schedule. We are flexible.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 2,614
    Rings:❌
    Daily walk:❌

PW 155
    CW 153.8

I was very surprised that I lost more weight. I ate out 3 time since Sunday, I had more chocolate than I should and have been over my maintenance calories a few days. I went to the Friday coffee group today. I got so many compliments on my weight loss today. It sure makes a person feel good.

I found some ozempic. I contacted the pharmacy manager and he sorted it out for me. He is very good to me. He arranged it so I don’t have to pay the copayments on my medications. I love saving money. I am not in a panic anymore and definitely have less stress. Thanks to all who offered me support this week. It helped me immensely dealing with the urges to binge. Thank you for allowing me to rant.

Happy Friday!

• jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Dec 22, 2023)
    PW: 242.6
    CW: 242.1

First day off in a long time and I'm not planning to do much work over the holidays so I'm really glad to finally be able to relax in a long time. Our older son got home from college a few days ago and younger daughter arrives tonight with her boyfriend and the older daughter and son in law tomorrow night so it will be a big change to go from the 3 of us to 8 in the house for the better part of a week. We're all looking forward to visiting with family in town and hosting brunch and dinner for my and Susan's parents (respectively), going out to look at Christmas lights and do a few other activities. Moderation will be the key theme for me but also focusing on being present and enjoying having everyone home for the holidays.
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    @Slimmersixties Congratulations!!! That is fabulous. We are very proud of you.

SW: 185.6
    PW: 186.2
    CW: 185.0
This discussion has been closed.