CW: 243.8 ( gained 0.8 lbs; 0.33%)
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Friday steps 3004
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Step Challengers...PLEASE check the chart and post your steps...several haven't posted anything this week and tomorrow is Saturday. Remember, it's easier on your Captains if you post every 2-3 days. Thanks! Happy Holidays!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    hsij9dr3eeok.jpg
    Looking forward to seeing everyone's posts about this weekend's 5k. If you signed up to participate, please remember to post when you're done, listing your total time and mileage completed. Have fun, Merry Christmas and thanks for joining me on this fun virtual event!!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Sorry for posting late. Here’s my weekly weigh-in.

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    PW: 144.5
    CW: 143.3

SW: 168
    Ltd: 24.7

I hope everyone is doing well this week!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Your walking habit is impressive, @Pupowl. Keep up the good work. I love your tenacity!

I haven’t been keeping up with the group as much as I’d like, but I’ve enjoyed reading your stories of family get-togethers — and seeing the photos you’ve shared!

@Itadakimasu7 - Your story about the Aurora Borealis made me smile. @SavageMrsMoose, I saw a very brief display of green in the sky over Norway during a trip to Lillehammer for the Olympics. I’m hoping to get a better view in the future but that was a fun and memorable trip. I appreciated your prompt because it led me down ‘Memory Lane.’ So fun!!

We had a similar tradition of opening one gift on Christmas Eve, but we don’t exchange presents much these days. Now we tend to eat a meal together and play board games, etc. Sometimes we travel and sometimes we stay home on Christmas, but we have a tradition of visiting our extended family in Boston the week after Christmas and all the cousins enjoyed a ‘sleep-over’ night with their cousins at my aunt and uncle’s house when they were younger.

My three siblings and I have 9 children around the same age, and four of them were born within the span of one year. So, they had a lot of fun sledding, playing outside in the snow together. My paternal uncle always invites them to the ice skating rink where he runs a little shop. The rink is never crowded on New Year’s Eve day so they spend the afternoon there. Then, they gather at my maternal uncle’s house and stay up late eating Chinese food, playing games, and drinking sparkling cider to ‘toast’ the new year. My aunt cooks them a special breakfast the next morning and everyone goes home tired but happy! 😊

They are older now and it’s so nice to see them interact as adults, and I love watching them navigate each new phase of life. Tonight I enjoyed talking with two of my nephews (both 23 years old) for a couple of hours before they met up with some friends for dinner. My heart is full! 💗
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose — Beautiful puzzles! That’s a nice cozy way to spend family time. I’m so glad you’re enjoying your time together skiing, watching the special local films, etc. It must be gorgeous this time of year and I also love the sense of community you describe. Our neighbors gather at many traditional local events and it gives me such a warm feeling. It sounds like a winter wonderland there — so special! Enjoy
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 Pfew, that was very close to Christmas, but I am glad you got it on time and that you liked it! A happy accident that the kitty looked like Betty! As soon as I saw the card, I knew I had to get it for you. I also enjoyed the card exchange since I don't get many cards. I am glad to be a co-captain with you and so far still like the 'job'! <3
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat weigh in
    PW 140.4
    CW 139.2
    I nearly hit my goal of 139 lbs before Christmas ! I shared a lovely meal last night with a friend I met through my boys playing football / soccer.Her 2 boys are the same age as mine & we've had loads of trips together whilst the boys were growing up.We have stayed close still,we always have fun & put the world to rights over a bottle of wine.
    I'm looking forward to joining in with the virtual 5k walk today.Im hoping my friend Christine will join me for a walk around our local park.It will be nice to have peace as I've still got loads to do for Christmas.
    My steps
    12/18 11,527
    12/19 6,040
    12/20 23,635
    12/21 15,593
    12/22 10,768
    Good luck everyone with your preparations for Christmas 🎄
  • izzyred9400
    Options
    Just starting my 5k in the rain,good luck to all the steppers participating !
    11.15 am
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Steps

12/22 33078

My long run was a bust yesterday. I was supposed to do 20 miles, with some faster intervals, but by the time I reached the cool down at 17 miles, I felt so terrible I had to throw up (again!) I managed to walk out another 1.25 but just couldn’t finish. This will be my 10 th marathon. I’ve done long runs before and I’ve done them at altitude, but I’ve never tried to add speed work in the mix. My body is NOT happy. I have a 22 mile run scheduled on Friday and I’m not sure if I’m going to do it. I don’t want to be sick.

I did my first 5 mile interval at a 9:15 pace, so assuming I kept a steady pace (I did- this speed was programmed in the treadmill) my 5K time would have been 28 minutes, 47 seconds. I’m taking today off and going to run again tomorrow but I’m going to keep it easy.

@izzyred9400 Congrats on breaking 140! Good luck on your 5K

@Pupowl i like the coat very much. I’m impressed you can build a computer. I could never do that.

@PatriceFitnessPal Sounds like you are having a wonderful holiday!
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    nancyinmo
    Saturday
    PW: 129.8
    CW: 129.0
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Good Morning...hope everyone's weekend is starting well! I got up early and started my 5k walk early...8am on the dot...finished 3.22 miles in 1 hour and 9 minutes. Didn't eat dinner last night as my tummy was upset, so wanted to get my walk in before I ate...my focus was on finishing, going the distance, not in speed, but even so, my time wasn't bad. Then, I ate and rested for a bit. Now I've done a few things around the house and am nearing my step goal for the day...EARLY! YAY!

Going to read some posts and then read for a while.

Enjoy the holiday weekend y'all! Merry Christmas!!
    Jessica
  • izzyred9400
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Well done @jessicakrall8 😊
    My first walk was abandoned as I met a friend on my way out that I hadn't seen for ages so I stood chatting to her for over half an hour.
    My 2nd attempt included a trip to the supermarket but I didn't do too bad.
    8ldxi4pbwg86.png
    About 1 hour 17 mins 3.23 miles including waiting at the till.
This discussion has been closed.