Food inspiration, or what's for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    I’ve been through the whole echo, ekg, stress test series. Obviously after a lifetime of obesity there is damage, narrowing etc in the arteries and heart. My father died of a massive coronary at age 50 so there's family history too. But my mother ate chocolates by the pound, junk food and avoided doctors until the age of 96.

As long as it’s not symptomatic or impacting my daily life, I only get a yearly tuneup check. My cardiologist tells me to pay attention to changes. So far so good….

• Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a little rough...too much food really. So today breakfast + lunch is some steamed veggies with a toast.

PrVwm0Z.jpg

rI35Yy1.jpg

Still 800 calories, but a lot of food too. A light dinner and I'm done for the day...C:
  • Yoolypr
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Amazing Dante! We all need to practice some post holiday restraint. This is a beautiful meal. For me the only drawback is gathering up the fresh veggies and doing the steaming. But I’d surely pay for someone to do it for me!!!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,635 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    There is one smart Greek in the room! 🤷‍♂️

That's a good idea and plan to fuel the day. Wondering what else is there. Presentation suggests more than just plain steamed Mr Dante!

Mine is 250 Cal of 💩 though I'm hoping this will push me through to an early substantial dinner at around 3:30 to 4pm followed by late night snack at 9pm or so.

Had pot of coffee (15 Cal), a madeleine (130 Cal), and 20.4g (103 Cal) chocolate santa, what can I say!🤷‍♂️💩😵‍💫

Might break down and inject another 300Cal of trail mix when out and about as without it the puppy roaming may slow down, and push that early dinner to a bit later .... we shall see!

Pretty sure Dante's plan is smarter and easier to manage for people who are more sane!!!😎
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Is it a plane, a train, or an automobile?

Eating while logging while calculating while typing!

The exploding when microwaved mini baby bell peppers? Convinced some anti-spoil-coating on the stem caused the microwave explosion.

Removed the stems and the insides and chopped/hand chopped the peppers over 63g of left over lean turkey pepperoni and 1.2g of canola oil spray.

When starting to brown added 863g of baby tomatoes that were almost gone (cut them in half as I was tossing in the pot, with ZERO fingers added in!) plus 5g of fake chicken knorr powder and 132g of left over ready to throw out after a week! in the fridge meat based spaghetti sauce... and it was decision time: add a can of chili and maybe some corn and make "chili" or..... add a 796ml can of habitant french canadian pea soup and turn it into a soup!

Soup is good! :wink: (plus lemon pepper and dried chili peppers)

Hey... it may not sound like it... but I've already had two 378g bowl fulls and they were both excellent! :wink: Maybe I'll leave the rest for tomorrow! :smile:
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    👍🏻 soup
  • lauriekallis
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I don't even really know what I'm eating I'm just drifting from place to place…my daughter in law has so much family!!! Not bingeing but not really being careful either. I'm having a hard enough time on vegetarian front with it considering calories 😂 everyone is being very considerate but it's still different when eating with people whose diets tend to be meat-based.

Going for breakfast/brunch at my daughter-in-law's mothers house tomorrow… They are really fantastic people… I'm not sure what I will be eating but I know it will include some of her homemade bread as toast… And she always has homemade jam in the fridge.

😉
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Toast and jam doesn't quite sound like a "being good" Laurie meal :lol: Am I not glad that I don't believe in being good and bad!!!! :wink:

• Yoolypr
    edited January 4
    Options
    Breakfast on a bun with bacon & cheese from Whataburger! 370 calories of deliciousness. I don’t indulge often but started the day a 6 am (sans breakfast) at the gym. Followed by orthopedic appointment and on to grocery store and Costco. So breakfast on the run (or bun!) with plenty of strong coffee.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sounds like a good and reasonable breakfast.

Mine...
    got VERY sidetracked!

My delayed in transit Christmas package arrived!
    https://akispetretzikis.com/en/recipe/569/ta-melomakarona-toy-akh
    (thankfully WITHOUT walnuts which I do NOT actually enjoy on my goodies)
    BUT
    it also included 500g of chocolate covered orange peel!
  • Yoolypr
    edited January 5
    Options
    Tokens of love have no calories?

Back to my usual breakfast. Fruit, yogurt and one hard boiled egg. Lots of black coffee ☕️
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,246 Member
    Options
    Back to not eating breakfast this week. Honestly, I forgot to get anything that would work calorie wise and didn't want to deal with the cold to go back to the store.

Next week I plan to just have a banana in the morning. I have been getting up earlier so I get a bit peckish at about 10am. So just something small to hold me until lunch.

Or maybe I can just hardboil some eggs. About the same calories and at least eggs have protein.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Maybe some yogurt would be good for breakfast Athijade? Or mozzarella sticks. Quick and easy….
  • PAV8888
    edited January 5
    Options
    Don't choose my breakfast! 🤪

Actually did manage to manage via activity and strategically deployed bunnies and Greek yogurt!

Shoehorned 90g of protein, 9 servings of vegetables and more than 1K Cal 🙈 of the all important cookie-candy category! At estimated even-Steven for the day.

Was actually bclose call at end of day!

And probably 4000 Cal of (parachuted) goodies left to go! 😱 Plus the ones I've bought😵‍💫

By the way the chocolate (fats) adds way more calories than the candied peel (pure senseless sugar)

Given the expected rain deluge Not 100% certain how the day will go!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Maybe freeze up some of the sale goodies or gift treats if possible? Otherwise they’re in your face begging to be enjoyed.
  • PAV8888
    edited January 6
    Options
    <sad frozen puppy look>
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Does it ever stop? Worrying / focussing on food? 😕

I'm living in a house with insane amounts of treats - everywhere - three massive under counter pot drawers full of treats- two cabinets of treats - and at least a dozen boxes of sweet cereals - and pop and chips.

THEY barely touch the stuff. Most of it is expired and should be thrown away.

I'm up in the middle of the night sitting in a dark living room trying very hard not to eat and eat and eat.
  • PAV8888
    edited January 7
    Options
    Hey boo!🤗

When not eating at a deficit either currently or in the recent past and when well rested not cold and not stressed/angry/emotionally perturbed.... I too have no problems to keeping to reasonable amounts of treats.

Plus the overwhelming amount of goodies/junk sort of desensitizes me a bit to the stuff being valuable or desired... at some point it becomes just something that is there (kind-a like not eating fish and chips for years after working summers at a fish and chip shop!😆)

But it is a dangerous game to play for me when trying to deal with other than a trivial deficit.

Or if the physical (sleep/cold) and mental game are not on point.

I separate the two because thoughts of and about food, to my mind, would be a fairly standard/expected response to prolonged/significant deficit. I tend to try and come up with low calorie cake alternatives🤪

The second--which in my personal world Is something I now manage to manage better but not something I have truly resolved-is probably the underlying cause of my initial obesity and of my (believed) propensity to regain if I do not exercise appropriate brain hamster management and do not manage to keep the cumulative ongoing damage to an overall controllable level.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

The second--which in my personal world Is something I now manage to manage better but not something I have truly resolved-is probably the underlying cause of my initial obesity and of my (believed) propensity to regain if I do not exercise appropriate brain hamster management and do not manage to keep the cumulative ongoing damage to an overall controllable level.

Like PAV, while I can manage better now, I haven’t been able to resolve/ fully understand the root cause of my obesity issues. Regaining is always on the horizon. I’ve got ten extra pounds from Christmas and inactivity due to my fractured wrist. I’m back to focusing and worrying more. I know I can lose the excess weight in time. But even after five years it’s a daily effort.

I’ve come to believe I’m just wired differently. Food/overeating seems to fulfill some emotional need to that I never learned to deal with otherwise. So it seems worrying and focusing on food will be with me forever.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I think the focus on food and weight management will never go away. I hit a goal I had for the end of December - yay! But over the rest of the holidays, I've managed to add 2-3 back. It's fine.... Just back on the tracking and thinking about it!