HOW WAS YOUR DAY???? A DAILY CHECK IN

Options

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Hi all, so a new start, weight is up 2lbs but mainly due to party food. I aim to get more exercises in and drink more water nut with lotscof goodies stil around it will probably take a while.
    Got a 3 mile walk in todayband a yoga class so thats s start.
    Good luck everyone
  • StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good evening. My weight is actually down a bit, not sure why, but I'll take it. With a new puppy, my day was not as productive as I had hoped. Better tomorrow.
  • titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Jan, I like your word REFOCUS. I am going to work on my focus and try to like exercising more. Anyone care to share what motivates them to burn more calories?
    🔥 🔥 🔥
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,305 Member
    edited January 2
    Options
    Today was a good day. I didn't track the entire day, but I am easing back into it. My meals were healthy, and I didn't do any crazy eating. Exercise was great - jogging, walking, yoga, and upper body strength training. Cat, you have to do activities that you enjoy. I love getting outside early in the morning. It gets my day off to a good start. And I LOVE yoga. I love the peacefulness of it and the gains I see in flexibility. Did you end up getting a weighted vest? If so, could you tell me what brand you purchased? As I think about it, Cat, would you enjoy dance or zumba? Would a group experience or having an exercise partner help?
    I hope every had a great start to the new year.
  • Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi folks. I’m not sure I am in the right place to post how my days going if not, please direct me to the right place. I’m not really good at navigating the community.

My weigh ins are on Sundays. I gained 4.8 pounds over the holiday since Thanksgiving. My weight right now is 358.4. Highest I’ve ever been 😢💔 I can tell it’s really exasperating my congestive heart failure. I’ve needed a double knee replacement for the last eight years but they won’t do it until I lose weight and it’s been a huge struggle. Besides my autoimmune diseases, I also have two broken feet that keep refracturing every time I try to walk.

Today my eating is on track so far but I’m really afraid because evening is my worst time. I did something different today and I went ahead and logged 800 cal for evening. I also logged to Weight Watchers fudge bars that’s my favorite treat because it’s only 90 cal per bar, it really satisfies a chocolate craving. I’m hoping I don’t go over tonight because I usually go any anywhere from 200 cal to 500 cal over it’s a huge struggle for me to stick within my calories if you’re wondering what my calories are my fitness pal says to lose 1 pound a week, which doing it slower is what has worked best for me in the past, my calories are at 2253 cal, that might seem a lot smaller people but for somebody who’s really short at only 5‘,2“ and 3/4, so almost 5’3 and Weighing as much as I do, it doesn’t seem a lot for me.

My significant other is 5’6” and at 1500 cal a day she keeps the weight at about 113 pounds. I’m only eating about 700 cal more than her my primary care physician once told me to go onto another app for weight loss that had me at some horrible high amount like 3500 cal a day and he swore that his patients were eating that high calorie and losing a bunch of weight that were morbidly obese. I tried it and I gained weight I didn’t lose weight, so that’s why I’m back here on MyFitnessPal, the most I’ve ever lost is about 40 pounds when I got down to 250 pounds. I wasn’t always heavy. I was actually the opposite and bulimic when I was younger. I was only 113 pounds at 5’2 height for a long time. Like so many, there was a lot of abuse and neglect in my childhood. I admit, I am an emotional eater, but I also eat due to boredom. I’m a type a personality and used to work three jobs at a time but now that I’m immobile I even get bored just watching TV. Due to my daily chronic pain it’s not easy for me to do crafting and even sometimes holding my phone and texting is painful due to the rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia and lupus etc. sometimes if I have a feel good day, which is very seldom, I might do a sit and fit video, my problem is has always been consistency and sticking within my calorie range. I know what to do. It’s just very hard for me to do it. I feel broken like somethings wrong with me that other people seem to be able to do it but I can’t, and no matter how much prayer I put forth and begged God. It doesn’t seem to be happening for me, I know this is all in the mind that’s why I have not had weight loss surgery although I’ve been through all the process and got right up to having it done and didn’t go through with it not out of fear but because I just don’t feel it’s right for me Because I have so many breathing issues they cannot put me under anesthesia right now.

Sorry to ramble on, but I’m trying to allow you to get to know me a little bit because I definitely need to help.

I want to say happy new year to everybody and I hope that you’re having a good Food day and you’re staying on track. If you ever want to chat, I’m open to chatting outside of MyFitnessPal. If you read this far, thank you so much for reading everything.

I also wanted to tell you that I have very strange hours. Sometimes I don’t go to bed till 3 AM in the morning and don’t get up till 2 PM in the afternoon I require 24 seven Care my significant other takes care of me. I’m on her schedule as far as waking up and going to bed, she takes awesome care of me but I want to get better so that she doesn’t have to work so hard at taking care of me and also we have a disabled dog that is blind that she takes care of that needs to be carried in and out every day and she’s also disabled, so I really want to lose this weight to take the pressure off of her as well.

Here’s a little food for thought no pun intended 😂
    I had a therapist asked me once what are you getting out of being overweight I think that’s a personal conversation we have with ourselves, so no I’m not going to tell you what my thoughts are on that. It’s just something to think about because like he said, nobody does anything for nothing.

I hope you all have a fabulous new year and start fresh. I think it’s best not to make New Year’s promises or commitments because I think that set us up for failure but everybody needs to do what they think is right for themselves if I lose 1 pound by way in I will be happy for that.

• Femmigirlz
    Options
    Oh, and by the way, my profile says I’m in Canada but I’m actually in California. I have it set to Canada so that I can scan food because they do not allow it in California. Lol.
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    I posted, but now I don’t see it anywhere and it was pretty long
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Femmigirlz wrote: »
    I posted, but now I don’t see it anywhere and it was pretty long

You posted in the right place, and all three of your posts are visible. Good luck with all of the issues you are dealing with. <3
  • Femmigirlz
    edited January 2
    Options
    Thank you. I see them now.

Yesterday I was able to almost stick under calories. I was 45 over last night. Not bad considering I’m usually 200-500 over each night.
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    @StrongerJan congrats on your new puppy. What breed? I have a senior dachshund. He’s recently not eating much. He’s going to the vet soon.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Hey Randi—I still have one bad knee I need to replace. No dancing, jogging, treadmill, or zumba for me. But I am crazy anout the new knee I did get and enjoying being 50%pain free. Since I gained back a bunch of weight after the knee surgery, I want to lose it again plus five more pounds before I schedule the next knee in case I am going to gain again during recovery.

I did get a weighted vest and it adds a lot of sweat to the elliptical machine workout. The brand is IGNITE. I just hope I am building bone density so my doc will quit pushing me to get Prolea infusions. The side effects listed for those sound horrendous!

Trying to think of some exercise I like but they are swimming and trail biking. Not a winter thing for me. Yoga bores me. Maybe I will find an indoor pool…

I have pondered what I am getting out of being overweight. All the answers I can think of are negative. That’s a great motivational question
  • titus2cat
    Options
    drsyjru07n8p.jpeg
  • StrongerJan
    edited January 2
    Options
    Good afternoon. Boy, today is going much better. 25 min walk, in calorie range and made my step goal!

GO ME!!!

FEMMIGIRLZ - my puppy is a 9 week old black Standard Schnauzer. Full of piss and vinegar.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    @StrongerJan - Great job today!
    Cat - Thanks for the info on the weighted vest. I had started looking at them and was overwhelmed by the choices. Most looked fine for men, but many did not like they would be comfortable for anyone with breasts. Sorry that I was of absolutely no help. I knew you were doing great with the new knee, but had forgotten that the other one needed replacing.
    Ann - Hope all is going well for you.
    @Femmigirlz - Congratulations on staying so close to your calorie goal yesterday.
    Today I had an hour-long yoga class, and it was wonderful. I walked, did an aerobic workout, and did lower body strength training. If only I could get control of my eating. Being fat does nothing for me, but eating papers over the emotions I don't want to deal with.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Stayed on point with calories, even though we had lunch in a BAKERY! I had grilled salmon and roasted veggies. Hard to say no to dessert in a bakery, but I DID IT! I still can’t believe it.
    Pulled 30 minutes on the elliptical and did physical therapy exercises for my knee wearing ankle weights. If I knew how to count it, I would put my Sams Club trip in there. That store is huge and it takes a while to walk through it pushing a big cart.

Randi, you got a chuckle out of me with you comment about weighted vests being uncomfortable for women with figures. I never had much to brag about up there, so not sure you can go by my recommendation, but my vest is as comfortable as carrying an extra 10 pounds of sand can be 😂😂😂

Tracked everything today. I feel so successful!

StrongerJan- could you share a picture of your new addition. I think all of us in this group have a weak spot for puppies.
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    @StrongerJan I did well the day before. Today Jan 2 went about 800 cal over. This is what always happens. I’m on my iPhone trying to navigate this group and it’s really difficult for me so I don’t think this group is going to work out. Has nothing to do with anyone of you. It’s just very hard for me to see and this is all I have is my iPhone. It’s really difficult to read through all the comments and to know where you’re at at any given time it’s just very frustrating for me. I wish you all the best but I think I’m going to have to bow out. I also don’t want to bring anybody down always being over my calories like I always do. It’s very frustrating at some point I’m either gonna have to get a hold of myself or go ahead and have weight loss surgery which is something That I certainly can’t do at this point because of my breathing but something got to give
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Well done Cat yummy grilled salmon and great you got some exercises in,

Randi you seem positive so thats great, interesting about the weight vest thanks

Jan i would love to see a pic of the pup, mine is kerping me super busy house training is a chore.

@Femmigirlz - thanks for sharing all about yourself, its hard i know but persevere you will see results with time, stay stron.

jbmm6cs8bdk3.jpg
    Meet Ruby our standard poodle baby
  • titus2cat
    Options
    @annliz23 0h Ruby is adorable. And isn’t Ruby the cutest name!

@Femmigirlz hang in there and just do your best. It’s two steps forward, one step back for most of us. Eventually you will get there if you just stick with it.

@rstanford3 you are my inspiration to go exercise when I really just want to sit in my chair and read or knit. You are always so faithful to do SOMETHING besides just sit around. I realize as long as I burn some calories, I can eat a bit more and still lose. Plus, I am 70 years old and coming up on that use it or lose it phase of life. If I don’t stay active, I will end up unable to to be active. That should be motivation enough. I appreciate this group so much. Being accountable, tracking, hearing your stories all help me so much. I am determined to drop 20 pounds and I dont care if it takes me five years. Slow progress is better than no progress at all.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    @StrongerJan - Hope you had another great day. I second Cat's request for a puppy pic.
    @annliz23 - Ruby is absolutely adorable!
    @titus2cat - Glad I'm your exercise inspiration. I'm certainly NOT an inspiration for weight loss or calorie control. :D
    Yes, we need to stay active. We need to maintain the muscle mass and strength that we have and preferably increase it. Cat is absolutely right. Slow progress is better than no progress.
    I had another good exercise day. The cold weather this morning (21 degrees Fahrenheit) inspired me to move quickly. Still struggling with eating though.
  • StrongerJan
    Options
    Good morning. Yesterday was another good day. Potty training is the source of my uptick in steps and while I grumble, I need it and welcome it ( sorta) LOL

CAT please talk to your dr./ surgeon about the weighted vest to be sure additional weight on the knee is a good idea. I have a TKR and would not use one.

I will get you a pic of Oliver the next time I get on my laptop. He's a pisser!!😉Had our first puppy class last night, went well.