Our new addition.
    Meet Eddie Ray
    He is 3 months old

He is gorgeous.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    titus2cat wrote: »
    Got snother infection a few days ago. 4th day on antibiotics and back to exercise today. Whew!!! We all have setbacks on this road but we must never ever give up!

Hope the infection clears up soon.
  • annliz23
    Options
    It's been hard to keep going on here,I am sorry I have tried to keep logging when i can most days for my food intake to keep me on track and sticking with the Hogwarts challenge but my husband is ill and time caring for him and the grand children I'm the 6 weeks holiday has exhausted me with the constant running about and breaking my finger hasn't helped as its not healing properly mainly due to me keep knocking it lol
    I aim to get back to doing more workouts and eating better mainly more fruit and cutting out alcohol too.
    I wish you all the best, stay focused and do what you can every bit counts.

• rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Cat, sorry to hear about the infection. Hopefully the antibiotics will resolve it quickly so that you're feeling better again.
    Ann, I am sorry that you have so much going on right now. I hope that things improve for you soon.
    <3
  • rstanford3
    Options
    In case anyone is interested, you are welcome to join the Fall 5% Challenge. Teams compete earning points for exercise minutes, adherence to healthy habits, and weight loss. The goal is to lose 5% of your body weight over the course of 8 weeks with group support.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/145341-2023-fall-5-community-team-plz-join-us
  • titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Randi. I would love a jumpstart with a new chsllenge!
    I was bad on calorie tracking last week, but logged 1792 exercise minutes. That was really good for me. Will try harder with food in this new week. Every day is another chance to get it right.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Randi, do you have a team in this challenge?
  • rstanford3
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I'm on Fit Force.
    Your exercise is impressive, Cat!
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I signed up and said any group would do.
    Now what am I supposed to do?
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Now you just wait. They will sort people onto teams, and before the start of the challenge on October 7th, you will get an invitation to join your team's group. The invitations usually go out a week or so before the challenge starts. You'll see your team when you select "My Groups" in the MFP Community, and there will be a button that says "Join". (See highlighted area in the image below.)
    While you are waiting, you can introduce yourself and feel free to chat with other challenge participants in the Airport Lounge chat. There are also 8 Pre-Challenge Activities that you can look at and use to get yourself psyched up!
    tejm20bkhhn8.jpg
  • titus2cat
    Options
    My doc wants me to get prolia infusions every six months for osteoporosis. I read reviews on webmd and said no thank yoi. Now I am working with a nutritionist and physical therapist to try to rebuild bone, or at least keep it from getting worse. I am no longer allowed to restrict calories, so I need to intensify exercise to keep from gaining weight back. This will be a challenge since I am inherently lazy. I have great motivation because I do not wish to break a hip or anything else. Already had a broken leg and ribs. That’s enough for me.
    My new exercise goal is one hour a day, weight bearing plus continuing all the physical therapy drills to rehab the knee replacement. I think I can do this. New knees are magic!!!!!
  • rstanford3
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Cat, I would NEVER call you lazy! You are very determined, so I know you will up your exercise. With your bionic knee, you can go back to walking, and your strength training will help too. You've got this! When you start the 5% challenge, you say that you are in maintenance rather than try to lose 5% of your weight. Any weight that you lose will be a bonus.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Gorgeous weather here. Cool nights. Days in the low seventies. Wonderful walking weather! And my new knee walks great 😊
    I love fall in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
  • annliz23
    Options
    hi all looks like a great challenge
    I am sorry I have been so busy, my mum died Friday and we are waiting for husbands blood results as he has been in hospital for 12 days the doc thinks it's cancer but still having on going tests.
  • annliz23
    Options
    titus2cat wrote: »
    Gorgeous weather here. Cool nights. Days in the low seventies. Wonderful walking weather! And my new knee walks great 😊

Glad your knee is great it must be great to get out walking
  • rstanford3
    Options
    And I love fall in New England. It is my favorite season. I'm glad to hear the walking is going well.!
    Ann, I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. And I am hoping that the doctor is mistaken about cancer. You're in my thoughts. <3
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Ann, sorry about your mom😢
    Praying for your husband. Please keep us posted.
  • annliz23
    Options
    I have signed up for the 5,% club not sure how it will go but in for a penny,
    The trees are starting to change colour it looks so lovely when we go on walks if the squirrels would just stay away it would be bliss as the dog just wants to chase lol
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Invitations to the 5% Challenge teams will be going out this week, likely Wednesday or Thursday, so make sure that you check the My Groups page! Join your team and you'll see that everything is self-explanatory, but if you have questions, don't hesitate to check with your team leaders. We start with a practice week so you'll know what to do when the challenge begins on 10/7.
    Trees are just starting to change here. I love fall!
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I bought a weighted vest at the recommendation of my physical therapy. Training with extra weight can improve bone density. It sure does intensify the effort it takes for exercise. So far, I have worn it on the elliptical machine and on walks. I think it will get easier with time.