HOW WAS YOUR DAY???? A DAILY CHECK IN

Options

Replies

• rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I've thought about a weighted vest for walking, but I didn't didn't actually do anything about it. It does make sense that it would further stress your bones and improve density. It's certainly better than gaining the weight back. :D Think of the extra calories you'll be burning. :) Glad your knee is doing well.
  • titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Well I gained back over five pounds. Unacceptable! Time to get serious again.
    I dont think my attempt to join 5%challenge went through. I never got an invitation to a group.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    It looks like we're all on different teams. I'm on Fit Force, Ann is on Thinner Winners, and Cat is on Tenacious GR8TERS, so we'll be competing against each other! You'll find a lot of support on your teams. but we can always post here and get support when we need it. Good luck!
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I hope I can figure out how to do all the stuff for that challenge. It seems like a lot of stuff
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Cat, you already keep track of your exercise, so every day you will post your total exercise minutes. Every week, there is an LTLG - Living the Good Life - habit to work on. For example, it might be logging everything you eat. If you do it, you give yourself 10 points for the day, and if you don't, you give yourself a 0. Everything else is optional/social. Good luck!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    titus2cat wrote: »
    I hope I can figure out how to do all the stuff for that challenge. It seems like a lot of stuff

I feel the same, i feel a bit scared buy hopefully it will get me motivated to lose some more weight before Christmas.

• annliz23
    Options
    Good luck everybody
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Backed out of the fall challenge. My son had surgery and his wife needs to work
    Full time, so I am keeping a baby and a toddler 12 hours a day. I’m not going to worry about tracking or keeping up with anything but my babies for a while. I will be a cheerleader for you two and wish you great success
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Cat, sending good wishes for your son. Good luck with the child care. Good thing you had your knee surgery done! Your cheerleading will be appreciated. <3
  • annliz23
    Options
    wishing you good luck with the childcare hope your son is OK, remember to try to get a bit of time for yourself. take care.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Another week has flown by. The older I get, the faster the clock runs. Anybody else notice this?
    Glad I Got my flu shot. Both grands I am keeping are sick
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Yes, the hands of the clock are moving way faster than they used to. Sorry to hear that the kids are sick. Fingers are crossed that you stay well.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Checking in, hoping to catch up and realize this group has gone dormant. Hope you sre all well and not giving up on yourselves.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Hi Cat! Still here. I see Ann's exercise updates in my feed, so she is still around and kicking b-tt. Hope all is well with you and your family. I'm sure that you're enjoying the latest grandchild. I have a new great nephew. Unfortunately, he lives out of state, so I won't get to see him for a bit. I'm still exercising but, as always, it's the eating that is the difficult part!
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Up 10 since vefore surgery last June. I am not supposed to restrict calories but I hate everything about being fat. Today I start to fight back
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Cat, would you like to return to doing daily check-ins and weekly weigh-ins? I'm up for it if you are. I seem to be up 6 pounds. :'(
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Count me in Randi!
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Hey Randi- thanks for sticking with me
  • rstanford3
    edited November 2023
    Options
    You're welcome. It will be good for me, too. Okay, so today I consumed more calories than I intended :/ , but my exercise was great. Jogging, walking, strength training, and I'm about to start an online AARP Pilates class at 6:30. I should be tired tonight!
    Cat, I hope your day went well.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I stuck to my calorie limits and did 30 minutes on the elliptical. Met a knitting buddy at starbucks but stuck to hot tea with no sweet in it. Wanted to get in a walk today, but tackled laundry instead and ran out of daylight. I forgot how early the dark creeps in now