• JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Steps:
    Jan 08= 5028
    Jan 09= 7328
    Jan 10= 7952

Good Luck tomorrow @Armygirlarmyof1 sending fast healing vibes your way!
    We are under an Extreme Cold Warning right now -37 Degree Celsius (-34.6 Fahrenheit)
    My poor dog's run out, and run right back in as fast as they can. I use a towel to wipe and dry their paws as fast as I can. I feel sorry for them, way to cold to go potty. Lazy days in the warm house for them.
    Have a great day everyone!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/10 5,713
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    JenHul wrote: »
    Good Morning,
    Steps:
    Jan 08= 5028
    Jan 09= 7328
    Jan 10= 7952

Good Luck tomorrow @Armygirlarmyof1 sending fast healing vibes your way!
    We are under an Extreme Cold Warning right now -37 Degree Celsius (-34.6 Fahrenheit)
    My poor dog's run out, and run right back in as fast as they can. I use a towel to wipe and dry their paws as fast as I can. I feel sorry for them, way to cold to go potty. Lazy days in the warm house for them.
    Have a great day everyone!

@JenHul Where do you live?
    That's so cold! 🥶
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 good luck with your interview & sorry for my long list of steps again.I don't know where the days go !
    1/6 6,111
    1/7 4,852
    1/8 19,274
    1/9 6,271
    1/10 14,559
    @Armygirlarmyof1 good luck with your surgery tomorrow & best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Also to you @CasandraW it's such bad luck that you injured yourself due to trying to keep your dog safe & now have more pain & upheaval with surgery.Wish you a good recovery.
    @JenHul I think it's cold here in the UK at 2C I can't imagine the temperatures you're having😱 I'm so glad it's stopped raining here at last I don't mind walking outside if it's just cold & I'm well wrapped up.
    Well done @Pupowl for walking in all weather's,glad you got home after negotiating all those huge puddles .
    Heads up to all the runners on here.I admire your perseverance & stamina.@SavageMrsMoose good luck with the Marathon on Sunday & on your weight loss.@Zaza glad you've found your runners legs & I hope that the scales remain friendly for you both.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Steps

1/10. 6512. Travel day
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,153 Member
    Options
    @looneycatblue Please report your steps and catch us up. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,153 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8 - I hope you're having a better week! :)

@Cyncia85 I'm trying...so far, so good except for the Finn storm...could do without this crazy wind! At least it's not snow in VA...and I have an interview tomorrow afternoon...
    Jessica

@jessicakrall8
    oh wow, are you looking for a new job?

Yes...within the same company, just something different.
    Jess
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Steps

1/11: 13,025
  • SavageMrsMoose
    Options
    Steps

1/11. 12887

@JenHul that is extremely cold! Are you in Canada? I put Mushers Wax on my dogs paws when it’s below 15 degrees Fahrenheit. I’m not sure it would do much good at -34. It’s cold in Colorado this morning- -6, but 60 degrees in Houston.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    Options
    @Cyncia85 I’m not sure who or where that estimate came from about a pound equals a minute on a marathon time, but I’ve had two coaches and one very experienced runner tell me this. I suspect it will make a difference, but I doubt it will be that big.

A cold front is supposed to come through Sunday morning before the race. The temperature will be good but it might be windy- bad if your running into it!

Still feeling nervous. Yesterday evening I has some drainage and a scratchy throat, but that’s gone away.

I went to a jewelry store to get new batteries for my husband’s watch and I ran into an old friend. It was wonderful to catch up and she introduced me to her boss (she does accounting for the store) who introduced me to her husband. He is a guide for visually impaired runners during marathons. My salesperson who sold me my mother of the bride dress has a blind son who has been racing for years. Turns out- he’s the athlete this man guides! Marylin had sent me a photo from a training run last week- of both of them! What. Small World!
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1 Wishing you all the best with your surgery today!!

@casandraw Ouch! I hope it won't take long for your finger to heal.

Wow, there seem to have been a lot of losses and some incredible fitness challenges over the past week!
    @jenhul, congrats on getting under 140! I LOVE hearing when people reach a milestone, I always get a little inspiration boost from reading about it.
    @zaxa2021 your consistency looks to be paying off as well, congratulations!
    @SavageMrsMoose Enjoy your marathon race this weekend! I hope you have a great race and fingers crossed that if it's windy, it's a tailwind!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/11 7,175
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 - I hope you're having a better week! :)

@Cyncia85 I'm trying...so far, so good except for the Finn storm...could do without this crazy wind! At least it's not snow in VA...and I have an interview tomorrow afternoon...
    Jessica

@jessicakrall8
    oh wow, are you looking for a new job?

Yes...within the same company, just something different.
    Jess

@jessicakrall8 - I hope it works out in the best way for you!
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    Good Day All!

I got my annual bloodwork back recently. As expected, my Vitamin D is super low. Measured at 10 NG/ML; normal range is 30 to 80 NG/ML*. It dipped again, we had gotten it up but I still wasn't in the goal zone. I picked up my 50000 unit Vit D from the pharmacy on Thursday. I'll take one a week for 12 weeks and retest. I think I'm having trouble with absorption because my Vit D level went down in the summer when I was outside in the sun more often.

I'm going to eat more fish, beans, rice, and legumes. My nutritionist suggested adding magnesium glycinate to help with this Vit D deficiency.

Any tips, tricks, thoughts on upping my Vit D?

*Interesting note...

(NOTE)
    25-Hydroxyvitamin D concentrations in specific sub-populations
    vary widely depending on many factors including ethnic background,
    age, geographic location, and season. There is a lack of consensus
    regarding the optimal serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D concentration and the
    serum levels that are associated with acute and chronic vitamin D
    toxicity.
    Broadly applicable guidelines for the interpretation of Total
    25-Hydroxyvitamin D levels in males and females of all ages are as
    follows:
    Serum Level (ng/mL) Interpretation
    <20 Deficiency
    20-29 Insufficiency
    30-50 Optimum levels*
    30-100 Sufficiency
    >100 Possible toxicity
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited January 12
    Options
    @Cyncia85 Vitamin D is one of those things that I think most people would benefit from just taking as a supplement every day. There are so many people low in it because there are almost no foods that have a high amount of vit D (that's why they add it to milk and cereal etc). They estimate that one billion adults world wide are defficient in it. If you want to do it 'naturally' you need to eat fatty fish which is bad for the environment and your cholesterol. Or you need more sun expose which is not healthy either because of skin cancer since sunscreen prevents absorbtion as well. They aren't even sure what amount of sun exposure is safe. I have had a lot of blood tests due to other vague health problems (chronic fatigue mainly) and low vit D was the first thing that popped up. I take 1000 IU every day and though I never noticed a difference personally, I am sure stuff in my body works better because of it. :smiley: When you say it dipped again, was that because you stopped taking a supplement? Because that would make no sense to me otherwise.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,299 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 1/9: 21,942
    Wed 1/10: 14,377
    Thu 1/11: 11,095
This discussion has been closed.