WaistAways Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    We got more snow last night. In town it is about 6 inches (~15cm) total this week. In the county where I work (about 10 miles north of town), we got somewhere between 8-10 (~20-25cm) inches and it is still snowing. I will be getting plenty of shoveling exercise in today!
    I am seriously jealous. We got about 10 cm (4") of icy yucky snow, but today it is colder so at least it isn't turning to slush! I'm holding out for some real, nice, fluffy snow. We're short on that stuff.

OK - time to get up off the chair! I hope your insides are feeling better @EvMakesChanges - heartburn blows. I get it from pasta, bread, all that flour stuff. I was so bummed the other day - I made a gorgeous loaf of bread for the tall guy. Had the heel, sliced really thin, and paid for it all afternoon. It didn't last too long, but yuck. Isn't getting older fun? I'm glad your lasagna was delicious, though. Maybe keep some Gaviscon in the house for special occasions!
  • lindamartin27
    lindamartin27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN DAY

PW: 218.3
    CW: 217.3
  • jugar
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    I'm still finding exercise motivation low. Went for a walk in the cold dark after work but maybe that was more to avoid putting away the Christmas tree and ornaments. Managing the food intake and will rely on that for now - have got to order those sneakers recommended by Kali. Thought you all would enjoy the following ;)
    That list of months is hilarious!

Managing your food intake is the most important part of the equation - don't worry right away about the exercise. When I started getting serious about finally losing a bunch of weight, I could not bring myself to exercise intentionally until the diet part had made inroads on improving how I felt. The body re-composition and other perks of adding exercise only came along later. And once you have those sneakers, you'll want to!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    where does the day go? midnight just sneaks up on my every time.

pretty good day here but I worked way too late. again, no real need for it, it can all wait for tomorrow. I decided to drive to NY tomorrow night instead of today since I didn't have much time to pack and I can probably log off work a bit early tomorrow to beat traffic and save some daylight. excited to snowboard! not sure what to expect from weigh in since I also have my lovely TOM this week. ugh.

@eggfreak love the calendar :D
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,183 Member
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    I had a BUSY day at work today and thought I overate because I didn't track until now. Well, I did overeat, but not as bad as I thought! I am still under maintenance which is a win in my book!

I love this! I often find what I thought I ate isn't as bad as I imagined, once I just put it in. Great insight. Sounds like you have a great strategy for the weekend buffet too. Good planning makes all the difference!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,893 Member
    Options
    @eggfreak I received an email saying you sent a friend request. For some reason it doesn't show up on my Kindle. Will have to check my computer at work. So sorry.

@MaddawgMadsen nice game! I used to bowl. Average was 173-177 usually. Not much handicap of course. Quit because I hated coming home late and having to shower and do laundry. Cigarette smoke was a cloud in the bowling alley. Great game!

Did an upper body, and then stretch workout. Felt great. Still no clams for my fish Martin. Left work half hour early. Got to the store 1645. They were again closed. And of course no one in the front half could help me. Or tell me the hours with any certainty for the meat/seafood counter. Very frustrating.

• StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Rooting for you @wishfuljune and your awesome active weekend and gateway to a sense of normalcy/routine.
  • StayFITTer
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    eggfreak wrote: »
    I'm still finding exercise motivation low. Went for a walk in the cold dark after work but maybe that was more to avoid putting away the Christmas tree and ornaments. Managing the food intake and will rely on that for now - have got to order those sneakers recommended by Kali. Thought you all would enjoy the following ;)
    That list of months is hilarious!

Managing your food intake is the most important part of the equation - don't worry right away about the exercise. When I started getting serious about finally losing a bunch of weight, I could not bring myself to exercise intentionally until the diet part had made inroads on improving how I felt. The body re-composition and other perks of adding exercise only came along later. And once you have those sneakers, you'll want to!

@jugar What a sage perspective! Yes, I agree. Food intake is a foundational habit to master. As the saying goes, “20% exercise 80% diet.”
  • StayFITTer
    edited January 12
    Options
    @Kali225 please forgive my learning curve. I see the shoes and link you mentioned. I’m learning the importance of staying on top of the thread.

@EvMakesChanges Did you know we were in the same group? Why am I just now finding this out partner? 🤗

@ashleycarole86 Thanks for the clarity on what to self report. For the most part I’m good with steps only—I might add my PiYo class cause I feel like my watch doesn’t pick up the movement like it could/should.

@jugar Appreciate your Duck Mode/cravings post you made—I might need expand the analogy and to apply this thinking to unpleasant work related task! 🤦🏾‍♀️
  • jugar
    Options
    Hi ho! It's Friday!

Somehow, I did not celebrate the Friday weigh-in people with a reminder last night! Usually it is the last thing I do before heading to bed, but I just shut the computer and didn't look back. SO, better late than never! Fabulous Friday people:

@EvMakesChanges
    @wishfuljune - got yours - you're the first this week!
    @Kali225
    @Pearl4686
    @micki48

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    @StayFITTer thanks for all your encouragement and wisdom! I love your post with "how I'm doing" and "room for improvement". That is a seriously useful format. And don't forget to throw out any intentions that you try and that just don't seem to be working. Sometimes we have a great idea, only to find out that in practice, it isn't right for this moment, or for you. It's all a big experiment, right?

I also found the Ultimate Accountability Challenge to be amazing years ago. It helped me gradually establish my non-negotiables. Keeping both feet in a decision and not saying "maybe" is a superpower. There might be days when it is impossible, but sticking with the commitments is a skill that gets stronger and stronger with practice. I can't say it gets infallible - nothing does! - but it does get better.

@Gidgitgoescrzy YES - careful shoe fitting and the horrible individuality of feet are so important. Sometimes even the professional advice just doesn't work. I have horrible neuromas, on one foot made much worse by this past summer's experience of having a large scared horse stomp on it. I keep getting told that I need a whack ton of support, special orthotics (which I have), a rigid sole, and to never go barefoot. It's all a complete failure for me. I feel so much better in minimalist footwear, supplemented by lots of good foot exercises and flexibility. Staying rigid makes the pain go through the roof. Again, keep experimenting! As to a weekend of football - I'm clueless about that. Have a great time!

Riding day - let's go see what Mr. Jasper is feeling like this morning. It's going to be nice out for a couple of hours :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.