Shape Shifters Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 278 Member
    edited January 13
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @Cyncia85 Vitamin D is one of those things that I think most people would benefit from just taking as a supplement every day. There are so many people low in it because there are almost no foods that have a high amount of vit D (that's why they add it to milk and cereal etc). They estimate that one billion adults world wide are defficient in it. If you want to do it 'naturally' you need to eat fatty fish which is bad for the environment and your cholesterol. Or you need more sun expose which is not healthy either because of skin cancer since sunscreen prevents absorbtion as well. They aren't even sure what amount of sun exposure is safe. I have had a lot of blood tests due to other vague health problems (chronic fatigue mainly) and low vit D was the first thing that popped up. I take 1000 IU every day and though I never noticed a difference personally, I am sure stuff in my body works better because of it. :smiley: When you say it dipped again, was that because you stopped taking a supplement? Because that would make no sense to me otherwise.

@Pupowl 100% agree with you
    I think not taking a supplement was one reason my Vit D level dipped. I could get into the nitty gritty details of when I picked up the prescription. Then 'map' out about when I would take the pill. It is fat soluble - best to take with a meal with fat. I can't remember how often I took the past pills with a meal.

Result history is below. The dip from Dec 2022 to June 2023 was confusing to me because I was in the sun so much more. You can see in Dec 2022 it was 17 (still low) then in June dipped to 14. My cousin mentioned that I'm not absorbing the Vit D. So this time around, I'm going to add the magnesium glycinate and eat more fish. Keep using the prescription strength until we get in the proposed normal range then go to a daily supplement.

Sept 2022 = 10 NG/ML
    Dec 2022 = 17 NG/ML
    June 2023 = 14 NG/ML
    Dec 2023 = 10 NG/ML
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1 Thank you for keeping us updated on your surgery. I'm wishing you a successful recovery!

@SavageMrsMoose - Excited for your run on Sunday!!!

@PatriceFitnessPal Beautiful pics of your trip! Thanks for sharing. I haven't been outside of the USA and finally got my passport in 2023. Hoping to get my first stamp this year at the soonest, otherwise 2025. Your pics inspired me and reminded me to stay focused on my goals so I can take a trip! Safe travels!
  • Cyncia85
    edited January 13
    Options

Insight of the Day

You are confined only by the walls you build yourself.
    Andrew Murphy - Olympic Athlete
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/12 3,951
  • Cyncia85
    edited January 14
    Options
    Hi All

I recently read some tips about hydration.

"Consuming adequate amounts of water daily is essential — but you also need to ensure your body holds on to those fluids."

Read more here,

https://experiencelife.lifetime.life/article/why-drinking-water-alone-isnt-enough-to-stay-hydrated/?c_guid=74445b4b-e2d4-42c7-a4f4-6a49076aea91&utm_source=smc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=35859438&et_cid=35859438&et_rid=204395785&et_attr1=weekly_club_connection
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/12: 3,477
    1/13: 14,380
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,089 Member
    Options
    The January Week 3 Group Challenge is open and starting today, running through Saturday, Jan 20th. Please join us for the Meet You at the Cooler Challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10907437/january-week-3-group-challenge-meet-you-at-the-cooler#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread! Week 2 challenge remains open through today to allow participants to post their final tallies and me to post the top walkers.
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,601 Member
    edited January 14
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters. I had a pretty decent week. Plenty of walks, steps and zone minutes. Food also went very well, except for yesterday. It was my moms birthday earlier in the month and she hasn't really celebrated in a while. So we went for lunch (me, my brother and his gf & kids). They had very richly made sandwiches. At one point I was eating a bun with 4 slices of cheese which was a little overkill in my opinion. They also got the amount of people wrong somehow, and thought we'd be 7 adults and 2 kids, instead of 5 adults and 2 kids. So we got a mountain of sandwiches that even with 2 extra people we wouldn't have finished. My mom asked all the leftovers to be packed so we could take them home. I got a slice of cake, but skipped the buns since they were quite big and I wanted to have my 'normal' food. I have no idea how many calories I had, and although it was my only meal of the day, I am pretty sure it was way over. I considered it quite the miracle when my weight this morning was exactly the same as yesterday. Weight loss has been quite slow this week, sometimes it didn't move and sometimes it randomly went up, but it's okay. My mom really loved the namestamp I got her and she was also happy with the fitbit thankfully. I set it all up for her and I hope she will get as much out of it as I do.
    When I got home from the lunch, I was standing in the living room with my coat still on and saw that the sparrowhawk was visiting the front yard again. I got some more pictures of it really close, so that was cool. Otherwise not much interesting going on here. Happy Sunday everyone <3
    jdjpyzixwqh9.png
    ox33swinz8sp.jpg
    1slpeuu0b4lc.jpg
    uug3i7dnmjai.jpg
    faiduu692u70.jpg
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

7tpxrbkqqlns.png
    44rmp881de5u.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    vcmkgy8thdnr.png

By Pounds
    rgl61opi8vk7.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    73uvznogflnc.png

By Pounds
    xcru0r804od0.png
    ud5xldoq46d5.png

Team Winners
    69vg4r7dnyl6.png

• Cyncia85
    Options
    I didn't work on Friday and the office is closed on Monday. I forgot today was Sunday when I woke up so I didn't step on the scale. I will weigh-in on Monday.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Wk 3 - Sun, Jan 14
    PW: 170.0
    CW: 170.6
    Gain/Loss: +0.6
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Steps:

1/12 10,134
    1/13 4,442
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,089 Member
    Options
    im7uv71905gy.jpg
    CONGRATULATIONS to all of this week's winners, placers and honorable mentions! Great job...looks like it was a great week for all of the teams!
    Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I had stop in for my dose of Tinus
This discussion has been closed.