Steps
    1/21 5,127
    1/22 3,955
    1/23 5,096
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ShapeShifters!
    @PatriceFitnessPal I think I'll stick to lemon or some other fruity concoction lol, I like garlic too, just not to drink it :neutral: I did drink more yesterday, and just about hit my goal, so I'm going to keep trying!

Steps: Jan 22= 9992
    Jan 23= 9932
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sat 20- 9187
    Sun 21- 2823
    Mon 22- 1869
    Tue 23- 7795
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    1/21 8,106
    1/22 5,351
    1/23 5,621
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Gosh ,there were alot of new posts to catch up on,which is great to read everyone's contributions.Ive been trying to move more this week & make better food choices.I went out Saturday night for my husband's birthday with his brother & wife & his sister & husband.We went to a little Greek restaurant which is a favourite of mine.Of course we ate alot & drank alot aswell.
    It was a fun night & nice to get together with family.So in answer to your question
    @LaurieWrobo after a blip I like to refocus & move on & try not to dwell on all the extra calories consumed .As our new motivator.Im sure you'll make a positive & lively addition to the team.
    Thank you for your kind words @CasandraW & @SavageMrsMoose .
    Well done @Zaza2021 on your race time.

My new goals are to try & get to my goal weight by my birthday in April or before.
    To continue to move more & also do more strength training & swimming as the temperatures warm up.
    My steps
    1/19 5,714
    1/20 8,227
    1/21 7,583
    1/22 10,474
    1/23 4,348
    We have had storms & heavy rainfall,there are quite a few trees down in my local park.Ive not been out walking that much just Dance Fit at the gym so hope it gets better soon.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    edited January 24
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Shape Shifters!!
    Have you heard about choosing your Word for the year? Do you do this? Annually? Quarterly? Monthly?
    Mine is Light
    There are plenty of ideas on Pinterest - let me know if you choose one
    Have a wonderful Wednesday 😊

@LaurieWrobo I LOVE that idea!!! I never knew to choose a periodic word, kind of like a theme...amazing! I think I'll choose RENEWAL! I want to feel like every day I'm renewed, empowered and happier than the day before!

I challenge everyone to choose their word, explain why and post a picture to back it up...GREAT IDEA Laurie! Thanks!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    During a meeting today, one of my colleagues used a prompt to enter ‘one word for 2024’ in a Mentimeter poll and then it formed a “wordle” picture of all the words, with the words appearing larger and more prominently if multiple people entered the same ones. It was a good ice breaker to gauge the mood of our participants in preparation for a heavy topic we were covering.

Many people selected “love” and “kindness” but we also saw “stress” and other words that concerned me a bit. Teachers and mental health clinicians are feeling really over worked and undervalued these days; but, according to our research findings, they are also hopeful about the future. We’ll just keep trying to support them so they can continue to support the students, staff and families! I’m reminded of the famous quote by the Chinese philosopher Lao-Tze:

"Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny."

-- Lao-Tze

I’ve never read Lao-Tze’s book, Tao-Te-Ching so I think I’ll add it to my reading list for the future.

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited January 25
    Options
    Thank you @jessicakrall8 & @patricefisher for stating your word for 2024 - they're both great choices- how will you keep it at the forefront- a sticky note? On a vision board? By your computer/workspace?
    Today my meditation was I am Vibrant and I feel that goes with Light🥰
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited January 25
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters! Here’s my weekly weigh-in report —

Name: Patrice
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    PW: 143.9
    CW: 143.0

SW: 168
    Ltd: 25 pounds

This was a good week on the nutrition side of the weight-loss equation. I stayed within my calorie target range and my macro-nutrition percentages felt good this week (48% carbs, 29% fat, 23% protein). I’d like to increase my protein while reducing carbs and fat but I’m making progress. Sometimes I struggle to get at least 20% protein into my diet so I’m improving!

I’ve had a cough this week that interrupted my sleep a bit. I was also busy with some work projects, and weather conditions disrupted my workout routine. Soccer and rowing were cancelled a couple of days due to snow-covered fields and delayed opening of school buildings, which prevented me from exercising those days. I’m looking forward to a rowing trip to Florida this weekend to reset my routine and enjoy time on the water. I hope everyone is doing well and feeling good about the week - enjoy!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose
    Here's a pic so unsure what weather will be 23aw9ggypvhw.jpg

Thanks!
    Beautiful pic of you and your hubby - you're very lucky💕💕💕

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo Thank you for becoming a team motivator! <3 I hadn't heard of a word for the month/year before. Going to have to think about that.
    @SavageMrsMoose Awesome picture, the weather looks amazing. I have never skied in my life though.
    @Armygirlarmyof1 I feel you on that. I had a horse riding accident a long time ago and I could only sleep flat on my back for an entire year and even that wasn't entirely comfortable. It was rough!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters. I am without a phone for a while which is a little bit annoying. The screen randomly died overnight. I played a word game before sleeping and a few hours later I grabbed it to turn on the flashlight because I couldn't find my stuffed cow and the screen just stayed black. I put it in the charger this morning, wondering if the battery randomly tanked, and while the phone got warmer and was charging, the screen was still not doing anything. My phone is only 1,5 years old and still has 6 months warranty on it. Cheap smartphones are still pretty expensive so I decided to sent it in for repair. It can take up to 14 days before I get it back. Hopefully they will be a little faster than that, but I will just have to wait and see. I can't sync my fitbit now which is the most annoying part in my opinion. I will just put in my steps when I go to bed and adjust the numbers when I can access the app again. A lot of food yesterday, thought I had it under control again today, but it went south in the evening. Reset tomorrow! Happy Thursday everyone <3
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Shape Shifters!!
    Have you heard about choosing your Word for the year? Do you do this? Annually? Quarterly? Monthly?
    Mine is Light
    There are plenty of ideas on Pinterest - let me know if you choose one
    Have a wonderful Wednesday 😊

@LaurieWrobo - this is interesting. Word of the year (WOTY)? I aim to journal daily and will incorporate a new word into my journal. Right now I am building my emotional word vocabulary; right now I am focusing on 10 uncommon emotional words. I've done an initial search on this WOTY and will read more about it later. Thank you for this <3
    I will ponder my WOTY.
This discussion has been closed.