Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    Well, the car will be $1700 to repair, and that's IF the parts are available. Rich brought me to work today, and my boss drove me home. I'll take the day off tomorrow, so that I'm not begging rides. If the parts are available, they should come in tomorrow, and I'll have the car sometime on Friday. If the parts aren't available, I'm not sure what I'll do. I'll probably look into getting a rental car. $1700 is a lot for a 13 year old car, but I really love that car. It has served me well, and I'd like to get another 2 years out of it.
    -Mica
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    @morenin - <Hugs>
    @Cornanda - My plan is similar but I track my food on here. It's working. Keep up the good work.
    @trooworld - That sounds like a special treat to me....better than store bought treats.
    @Katmary71 - The paint and sip sounds fun.

I did a bar fight today....lol. Actually, my workout was a combination of Barre and Kickboxing.
    💪Mission Slimpossible Strong! 💪
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Wow there’s a lot going in with everyone. So nice to see.

@Veta2018 congrats on paying off a loan. We’ve managed to get the cars paid off and they’re still in good shape. I always figured they’d be paid off and die. 🤪
    bar fight, hilarious.

@morenin glad your knee is healing ❤️‍🩹. Having a good nights sleep will likely also help with your health goals. When I work on getting a good amount of sleep, I feel it makes a difference.

@vegan4lyfe2012 wow no soda! Way to go! Btw, your meal pics are amazing. You have everyone appreciating vegan meals.

@FushiaKat well done on maintenance. I enjoy your updates. I also like to eat more when it gets cold and comfort food usually is higher in calories. I feel ya!

@Katmary71 thanks for the warm welcome back. I was really feeling I was losing my way. I’m back at it though. I swear the carbs are a domino effect, I am hungrier and crave more, weight loss stops, bad habits form, weight goes up. So happy to have this group to keep me going.
    Love the questions you all are posting. It really helps to think about the good things that have happened.
    I hope your feet and legs are feeling better. Paint and sip sounds fun.

@Cornanda you’re doing great. I think what you’re doing now will help tremendously. I try to eat with 3 hours in between and that helped me a lot when I keep to it.

@trooworld baklava! Yum. If it was Hafiz Mustafa you had a good treat. Well most all of it is good there but that place is amazing.

I now have 2 girls down. Both with different sicknesses. They’re in quarantine and hoping to keep it from spreading. As for me, I’m ok now. I’m back at the oncologist for a check up on an large ovarian cyst they follow (I’m sadly not a candidate for surgery, due to the botched one I had previously) and now a breast cyst that they monitor has been causing me immense pain on and off. I feel like I have Santa’s scroll of medical issues. It’s like after my botched surgery for a myomectomy, things started breaking one by one. Ugh!😩 I’m here to tell my tale, so happy me.

@micaroo4 sorry you’re having car issues. I hope the parts are in, it sucks to wait. I know how you feel about loving your car. I adore mine and treat it like my baby. 😂

I think I am caught up a bit. Nothing to report here, besides trying to keep up with the house and cooking for sick kids.

Hope you all have an amazing day💐

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @morenin I'm sorry about your day/night. I hope it is a better day today. HUGS.

@Katmary71 Right??? :D I hope you had fun at the paint and sip. My husband and I did one of those and I totally ad-libbed my painting (it was supposed to be fluorescent paint-dripped lips on a black background and I added vampire teeth lol) but we had fun. It's nice that you were going with your brother and SIL. Did the trip to the holistic clinic help your pain?

@micaroo4 I hope you can get the parts for your car.

@Veta2018 Totally. It was in a Turkish bakery 2 days ago, now it's in my belly! :D That sounds like an interesting workout. Was it intense?

@AmbersWay Darn, I don't remember, and it's not at work anymore! I hope it was. It was really good. Oh dear, I hope the girls get better soon without spreading it to the rest of the family. I'm sorry they can't do surgery on the cyst and that the other cyst is bothering you. Can they aspirate it or do anything at all?

Hi all. It's finally Thursday. I have been one day off all week lol. It's my night to cook. I really hate cooking on Thursdays as it is the worst day of the week for traffic. Hopefully, it won't be too bad and I can get home and make dinner fairly quickly. I am really doing well with tracking and water intake. I have been concentrating on those two habits as I know they are both very important to have success (for me, at least). Have a good day!

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, drank 98 oz of water, no visits to the cafe or vending machines, tracked everything.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • Veta2018
    edited January 25
    Options
    @AmbersWay - Thank you, it sure feels good knowing you own your vehicles. I got are truck paid off then my husband used it for collateral to get another loan. We own it once again. He's the spender and I manage the money. I've got us down to my car payment, my student loan, and a line of credit. Our bank knows us by name. lol I hope the girls feel better soon. That's tough.

@trooworld - I worked up a sweat but it's all low impact. The most intense part was doing squats on my toes. I sure did feel that. I do senior shape fitness with Lauren on YouTube. She has such a variety of workouts. I get to change it up daily. It helps keep me from getting board. My favorites are the Barre or Kickboxing. It was interesting putting them together. It made it a little harder to balance though. God job on keeping up with tracking and water intake. I think those are the most important for me too.

I hit my Bacardi Milestone. 151 days of logging all my foods everyday. (From a Reacher Episode) When I was younger,(lol) Bacardi and Pepsi was my choice of alcohol beverage. I rarely drink alcohol anymore. Not since my husband had sever pancreatitis. Now I would prefer Captain Morgan/Pepsi, and would rather eat my calories then drink them.
    💪Mission Slimpossible Strong! 💪
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I completely feel off the wagon the last two days, due to stress. Bad eating, no water. But several stress walks with doggy! Back on the wagon.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone! We're posting something special that will be inspiring tomorrow so keep an eye out for it!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Whew! This business trip is messing with me. I'm losing sleep, etc....

So today is another Ice Breaker Thursday.

It is also picture posting time. Since we have found out the facts about ice or no ice or shaped ice let's post pix of our favorite liquid/fluid/drink containers. It doesn't have to include ice. If your fav is a coffee or tea cup post it. With that said it doesn't have to your favorite. I have a jug that use everyday to make sure I drink my water. It's not my favorite but it has become a "buddy".

I'll have to post mine later when I'm home.
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    edited January 25
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 that's funny about your friend. Back when John shot his first deer I told him I did not want to see it until it was packaged for the freezer. I also did not like the way it tasted. But then a friend of ours who lets John hunt on their property gave us the name of his processor. Now I use deer burger for almost every hamburger meal. I worked out with the walk at home videos 2 yrs ago. It has been raining here and I have put off walking Diesel because of it. He does not like it. Last week was supposed to be the week I started working out again but my fall set that back. I was not postponing my workout any longer. I am really enjoying the decluttering. I started last yr getting rid of the more obvious things but now I am digging into the reality of things that I said I might use/wear this item. I have found getting rid of things that we don't use/need is very enjoyable. How was your roast beef sandwiches. They sound yummy. I am making reuben sandwiches tomorrow night.

@Katmary71 yes spending time with my daughter is always an enjoyment. When my daughter was born she had a birth defect (Club Feet). As a single mom at 17 still living at home my mom and dad adopted her (my dad was medically retired from the military) to get the care she needed. She ended up being raised by them so I missed out on a lot with her so every minute is a treasure. That is great that you did so well with the sweets at the card party.

@Cornanda That is great that your are doing so well with sticking to plan'

@trooworld Yes cleaning out my closet did feel great, now i like opening it and seeing it more organized. I still need to do a few things with it. I used to hate cooking too. Coming up with meals has been my issue. I was bored with what i cooked. Now after watching youtube videos cooking is so much more fun. last nights dinner was egg roll in a bowl using deer meat and rice. It was yummy.

@micaroo4 I am so sorry to see that it is going to cost so much to fix your car. Unfortunately the labor is what is causing the amount to be so high. I hope it can be fixed though. I know how you feel about wanting to keep it. I have a '07 Pontiac Grand Prix and love it. I will drive it as long as my hubby can keep it on the road. Right now my daughter is driving it while her is being fixed by John.

@Amberway Welcome back! I like the renpho scale. I also have the tape measure. The bad carbs are a domino effect. I am still a work in progress with them bad boys. Lol I hope your girls get to feeling better. Figers crossed that no one else comes down with anything.

@Veta2018 I am doing the same thing paying off credit cards. I have really buckled down on spending since John bought the RV. Now it is all about paying off extra bills so we have the money to travel or just get away on the weekends.

@morenin I hope your knee is healed up and you are doing better. Sorry you are going through a rough patch.That is great on the cpap. A good night sleep is important. My hubby has a cpap that he does not use. He can't find a good fitting nose piece. Right now I am having sleep issues. I turned off my morning alarm and started waking up naturally in the mornings. I am still trying to get a bed time routine down.

@vegan4lyfe2012 So happy for you on the no soda!

What have you done well recently that you're proud of?
    I am back to working out mon thru fri. It has been 2 yrs since i have done any real working out. I have taken Diesel for walks and played ball with him but no real heart pumping workouts.

I am going to jump off here for the moment to get my workout in and take my picture of my favorite cup. I have a dental appt today for teeth cleaning so getting an early start to my day. LOL

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

@micarro4 Yikes $1700 is a lot to have to pay to repair your car but these things have to be done at times. I hope it gets fixed and stays fixed for a good long while. :)

@AmbersWay so sorry that your girls are sick and that you are going through so much with your own health. I hope your oncologist can find a way to give you some relief from the pain. <3

@trooworld Well hopefully you have a quick dinner planned so it’s not too much work for you. Good job on sticking with your tracking! That really is the key to being successful. :)

@txcritter69 the roast beef and cheddar sandwiches were really good. I love making Reubens too! I found this sourdough bread at Aldis that we are all obsessed with. I think my new passion for making sandwiches is just so I can use the bread. :D

Hi Team! My mom’s 81 birthday was yesterday and I teased her that she is as old as the president. She said, “I might be his age but my mind can run circles around him.” She’s not wrong! And I’m happy she is fit mentally. Having Joe is enough to handle right now. I made my mom her favorite enchiladas and a Keto cheesecake and ate way too much of both. I haven’t felt bloated this whole month and I didn’t like it. Today, I’m keeping my eating very light and have done my upper body workout, which has my arms feeling like noodles. :s
    Word for 2024 - Strive
  • Veta2018
    Options
    @badnoodle - hehehe, rainbow penises, love it.
    @txcritter69 - I've been working on de-cluttering too. When I sold my house, I moved everything into storage. I recently cleaned out an old box from storage and found an old notebook from 10 years ago, when I started a plan to loose weight. It was interesting to read. I asked myself questions: What I thought?; What I think now?; and How I plan to make a change?. Of course it was nice to reflect but this time I'm tossing it. I also watched "The Minimalists" on Netflix. It was lame, so I don't recommend it. Although, at the end. I can't believe I made it to the end, but at the end, they have a "Less is Now" challenge. You let go of one thing on day one. Two things on day two. Three things on day three and so on. Anything goes. Donate, Sell, or Recycle. Can you last an entire month?
    @19shmoo69 - Thanks for another Thursday Ice breaker. My favorite drinking container is my blue Yeti cup. Blue is my favorite color. It keeps my hot drinks hot for hours and the cold drinks cold all day.
    mm1jn7ohrlk0.jpg
    💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 I will post a picture of my absolute favorite water bottle shortly! I so rarely get to show off my Night Vale gear.

@txcritter69 Has your husband tried on masks intended for women? My husband has a small nose, and has to use a For Her nasal mask in the smallest size to get a good fit. Mask manufacturers use really general sizes, I find.

I'm doing better today. I'm calmer, have more energy, and am less groggy. Maybe all I needed was a long nap! I am tracking my calories, drinking water, and squeezing in walks with the dog, now that my knee is mostly better. I'm doing a chair yoga video in a little bit with stretching, to keep the movement going. And of course because I want a bingo!

My weight has of course spiked after my indulgence, but I'm not too worried. My actual measurements haven't exploded, so I figure at least some of it is water retention.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    iawwkizjj4qw.jpg
    Holds about 3 cups
  • Katmary71
    edited January 25
    Options
    Here's my tree from the sip and paint (I know it's a bit of a mess) and favorite drinking items, my water bottle and large This Coffee is Making Me Awesome mug though it has tea in it right now. Edited to add I put the painting behind my stuff on my dresser and that statue looks like part of the picture now doesn't it?

o2hekxuyrhm8.jpg
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH INS Needed:
    @DebJB30 @laurelfit57 @JadeGypsyxo

Reminder for tomorrow weigh-ins for:
    @Veta2018 @bethanie0825 @Cornanda @davors19 @trooworld @TeresaW2024
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @micaroo4 Oh no I'm sorry to hear about the car repair being so high. Love your mug!

@morenin I'm glad to hear today is a better day for you, sounds like you're doing amazing with all your goals! Glad you're feeling back on the wagon.

@Veta2018 It makes me sad coming across previous unsuccessful plans of weight loss from before. I'm glad you took time to reflect on it. The Less Is Now starts out easy, I was trying to get rid of 10 things a day which went super fast at first then I peetered out not feeling good. I do need to get back to decluttering though. Congrats on the Bacardi milestone! Hey did you do Heather Robinson today? It dropped when I had just finished my workout and I did some, she had squats on tiptoes. Hm sounds different guess we both ended up doing them (I'm not good at staying on my toes though).

@AmbersWay Thank you! I'm glad you're back on track. Thank you! I know that Santa scroll lol, I always say I need a scroll to whip out as soon as it asks for surgical history on a tiny line. I'm sorry to hear about the health issues. I AM glad you're here to tell your tale even though you've been through more than enough already.

@trooworld Funny I can see wanting to do something like that too with a painting! A few people did their own thing otherwise we were all pretty similar. A man was next to me with his daughter and my SIL had jokingly said she checked for a ring to see if he was married, I'm sure when I dropped my paintbrush and it hit my straws in my drink that boomeranged into him even if he WAS single I'd have scared him off. His daughter was a great artist.

@19shmoo69 How is the trip going? You still need to let me know if you'd like to weigh Sat and Sun or just skip your last weigh-in.

@badnoodle Interesting I can just imagine the mug! Gosh I did that before and put a Seattle mug through the dishwasher and all the pictures came off. I have one large mug left I haven't broken and am searching for others now.

@txcritter69 I'm glad your parents were able to help with your daughter and the two of you are spending time together. Good luck with the teeth cleaning!

@TeresaW2024 Happy birthday to your mom! Great job on crushing the upper body workout!

Hi friends! The paint and sip was fun last night, we didn't know there wouldn't be room for food prior and hadn't eaten so as soon as it was over we ordered food. Today's been the greenhouse and seed prep for the exchange Saturday. I'm heading out in a bit to go to my nephew's jazz concert. There's a card party (making them) at a restaurant but think I'm going to rest and just go to my nephew's stuff in a bit. Have a great Thursday night and Friday! I stunk at relaxing before bed aside of tea, basically scrolled on my phone and went to bed.

Please excuse my white box of cat toys, OF COURSE I don't spoil my cats right?!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I will have to skip
This discussion has been closed.