Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    @fushiakat Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring story on losing weight and keeping it off. I would like to write my own inspiring story someday. :)

@micaroo4 I’m glad you finally got your car back. I would be a mess without mine too! :#

@Katmary71 I love a good nacho bar! Good job on avoiding the cheesecake. I don’t know if I would have been as strong. :)

@txcritter69 A Mounds candy bar drink. Yessss please! I would be a sucker for chocolate whisky. Our local brewery which I love does some amazing things with chocolate beer. I’ve also had chocolate red wine that was very good.

@Cornanda I hope your visit goes well with your parents and that you can help your dad accept the reality of what is happening. Alzehimer and other dementia diseases are a cruel fate that none of us deserve. Love your mug and Yeti cup! :)

Good morning! I have a few minutes before church and thought I would write before I forget. I’ve already cleaned out my fridge and freezer and made a list of what is on hand so I can make my menu for the week. I have vowed to use what we have before buying more stuff to eat. And speaking of eating, I really need to reign it in this week. I will start the next phase of the workout program I am doing and I want to push hard. I looked at doing Keto again but having to also cook for Joe makes it so much harder. But I can go lower carb which I know will help. I also need to remember what Fushiakat said, about that I’m not going to die if I feel hunger. I used to know that when I did Intermittent fasting. OK, I gotta go figure out what I want to wear. Have a great day!! :)
    Word for 2024 - Strive
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,901 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 Thanks, me too! OH man, I hope my dogs never get sprayed. Portion size is very important and something I struggle with as well. Great job with the miracle band! We have a Total Wine here, I just discovered it recently. It's a lot of fun to go there. Your dinner sounds yummy.

@vrafer @Bethanie0825 @19shmoo69 Congrats on the losses!

@TeresaW2024 Thanks! I hope you can figure out a plan that works for everyone. Watching your portions is a good step.

@morenin Sorry you aren't feeling well. Are you going to talk to your doctor about the Augmentin making things worse?

@Katmary71 I would have fun at those parties! Wow, good job staying under calories...no easy feat with nachos and alcohol! Nice haul from the farmer's market. I'm sure the walking pad will work once it is set up but it is currently still in the shipping box. :( I'm going to actually open the box and maybe then he will help me with it. Did you get your bath in??? I hope so. Good job avoiding the cheesecake! The seed swap sounds fun.

@Veta2018 Congrats on the loss and being back to the weight you were after your last diet.

@Cornanda I hope all goes well with your trip. That must be very tough on all of you. I like your coffee mug and tumbler. I like the color of your tumbler. I also like your utensil holder in the background! I have just a plain white one.

Hi all. When I went for groceries yesterday, I had to go on a quest to find two ingredients (canned cherry tomatoes and spicy sundried tomato pesto). It's for a Chicken Pepperoni recipe (https://www.thecookingguy.com/recipes/chicken-pepperoni). There's a local guy that has a YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/@samthecookingguy). He used to be on local TV. Now, he's just on YouTube. I love to watch him, he's a lot of fun. Anyway, I went to three different stores to look for these ingredients. I found the canned cherry tomatoes but no luck on the spicy sundried tomato pesto. I could have gotten it if I went to Little Italy but the parking down there on the weekends (and the traffic) is a nightmare. I ended up ordering just regular sundried tomato pesto on Amazon.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, chose a banana instead of something unhealthy for breakfast.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @morenin Sorry you aren't feeling well. Are you going to talk to your doctor about the Augmentin making things worse?

I hadn't thought about it, but yes, I probably should. I just got up and I feel fine- before the Augmentin. We'll see what happens after I take it.
  • morenin
    Options
    Username: morenin

Weigh in day: Sunday

SW: 255 lb.
    PW: 224.2 lb.
    CW: 224.8 lb.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 151.1
    CW: 149.6

• morenin
    Options
    Apparently it WAS the illness, not the medicine! I still feel much better, even after taking the Augmentin! I am moving around more, getting some chores done, and taking the dog on walks.
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW 175
    PW 175.7
    CW 175.3
  • txcritter69
    Options
    @Veta2018 I live in Central Texas.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

n5z1nvj8whui.png
    vbl8kejzsqv3.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    iysdnrp5kpej.png

By Pounds
    12s2i4jdh99v.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    aj70pfud7qkm.png

By Pounds
    00a2dn6e1mu6.png

Team Winners
    8uw2eradf6so.png

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @Veta2018 Thanks! That's too bad do your neighbors seem like people you'd like? Maybe it's time for a neighborhood potluck? I've been real lucky with my neighbors here and honestly don't know what I would've done without them right after surgery. I gave the head's up about your weigh-in day changing, thanks! Congratulations on how far down you are now, yay!

@txcritter69 Yum that drink sounds awesome! I haven't tried chocolate whiskey but it sounds real good. Last time I bought it I got PB which I've had a few times. So you could do a chocolate PB whiskey shot like a Reese's one right? Your meal at Saltgrass sounds awesome, I love fish and Brussel Sprouts!

@Cornanda I'm so sorry to hear that about your Mom, it sounds like it will be a challenging trip. Thinking of you and prayers for you and your parents. Love your mugs and your utensil crock! It looks like Teresa's mug!

@TeresaW2024 Lower carb sounds like a good plan! Ha you said how I've been feeling lately about how you used to know it was okay to be hungry, I'm having trouble getting back to it right now and miss being “in the zone”.

@trooworld Oh no get that pad out and set that bad boy up! Or at least get it out of the box! I didn't get my bath in, I was straightening up and it got too late. I WILL tonight though! Yum that recipe sounds awesome! I've never seen or looked for canned cherry tomatoes, San Marzano's I have though! I'm glad you found them. Oh good I'm glad you found the sundried tomato pesto on Amazon I was thinking you'd have to make it yourself.

@morenin I'm glad the medicine wasn't the problem and you're not having issues with it, great job getting the chores and walks done!

@sleepygirl79 @Digger61 @vrafer Congratulations on being our team winners this week, amazing job!

Hi friends! Something was up with the kitties Asher brought his toy to me this morning and meowed at me until I woke up and threw it for him then shortly after Jasper came and sat on my hip (I sleep on my side). It was time to get up by then but little stinkers this morning! I worked out and straightened up then my neighbor and I went to lunch at a sports bar, I got spinach apple chicken salad which is a favorite and it felt good to have a meal in my “home” meal range. Her daughter had given her a bunch of clothes to donate and she told me to go through them, I'm going to an event for the charity Friday and found some cute outfits so I'll see if I can pull a good outfit together but I'll definitely need to order some shapewear to suck me in! I'm frustrated at myself for being back at not fitting well in clothes which is pretty common with wearing a size petite on the bottom as my legs are short for my height, being pear-shaped, and not having much of a chest. I cleaned up the yard and trimmed my lavender plants and am worn out so headed for the tub and bed soon. Have a great Monday!
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    badnoodle
    weigh in day: Sunday
    pw: 195.8
    cw 191.2

Had a lot of salt this week, and I pulled something in my shoulder that is making most exercise really unpleasant.
    But I did see friends and went to Tricia and karaoke, so that's a win.
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW:218.0
    CW: 219.4
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! I forgot to say that I loved reading @FushiaKat s story. Thank you for sharing, it is inspiring! And what a great idea for this group- Nice work Team Leaders @trooworld @Katmary71 @19shmoo69

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,901 Member
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 Congrats on being the top winner in F2F this week! Woo hoo! And additional shout-outs go to @Digger61 and @vrafer for making it onto the leaderboard!

@morenin Oh that's great! I'm glad you are feeling better.

@laurelfit57 @txcritter69 @badnoodle Congrats on the losses!

@Katmary71 I did take the first step and OPENED the box lol. I need my husband's help and unfortunately, my priorities are not his. :( I hope you got your bath last night, I know how much they relax you. Yeah, I hadn't seen canned cherry tomatoes before either. Luckily, I did a search on Google and it showed local sources. I almost made the sundried tomato pesto myself but I thought, "It's just a small portion of the recipe and I just don't want to make it more complicated". Awww, that's cute about the kitties. I was in bed last night and Daisy got up and laid on my hip (I was sleeping on my side). I'm sorry you don't fit comfortably in your clothes. I know how that is.

Hi all. Not much to report. My goal today is to go for a quick walk on my break at work in the morning and maybe again in the afternoon. I need to get moving and that's really the only time I have Monday-Friday. Have a great day!

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, took the first step in setting up my walking pad.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 - That mounds drink does sound tasty. Nice job keeping the scale moving in the right direction.
    @Cornanda - <Hugs> I hope things go well with your mom and dad.
    @TeresaW2024 - I watch my carbs but I'm not on any special diet. I kind of made up my own, using what I like from a couple different diets. You'll find what works for you. You've been doing a great job with your workout program.
    @trooworld - Thank you. That's good that you had a healthy breakfast. Start your day off right. I had a banana with almonds for breakfast.
    1amdqpx5st64.jpg
    @morenin - I'm glad you're feeling better.
    @laurelfit57 - Congratulations on the weight loss. You're doing great!
    @sleepygirl79@Digger61, and  @vrafer - Congratulations on being our teams top loosers!
    @Katmary71 - Nice job staying under calories. When I call for my husband to get up for work in the morning, my dog will go in there and kiss his face till he gets up...hehehe. Pet's will do the the darndest things.
    @badnoodle - Great job on the weight loss! I hope your shoulder feels better. Karaoke sounds fun. You don't want to hear me sing though...lol. I can't hold a tune.

I've been getting bored with eating the same foods. So, I'm trying some new recipes and dressing them up a little in fancy dishes to make them look more appealing. I made a mushroom, tomato, and spinach stuffed chicken breast for dinner last night.
    on0uf84t4tqb.jpg
    💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
  • txcritter69
    Options
    Good Mornin' folks,

First off Congrats to our team winners @sleepygirl79 @digger61 and @vrafer 🎉Amazing Job🎉
    Congrats are also in order for @badnoodle @laurelfit57 @bethanie0825 @19shmoo69 and @Veta2018

@Cornanda I am sorry about your mom. I hope everything works out in the best interest of everyone. I like your mug and tumbler.

@TeresaW2024 I have tried chocolate wine before and loved it. I actually isn't popular. I will have to look the next time I am at total wine and see if they carry it. I am doing the same with cleaning out the pantry and freezer. I always find myself not using food and having to get rid of it. With my no speed Jan I did pretty good about just buying perishables.

@Katmary71 We keep our bedroom door closed at night because Tigger like to wake us up at 2 in the morning. But I can hear Diesel in the morning waiting outside the door for me to get up. When I open the door he is so happy to see me, he makes me laugh. I have been noticing the same thing with my clothes too. I still weigh the same but my clothes fit differently.

@trooworld you have more patience than I do. I would have thrown a temper tantrum to get the walking pad set up.

@Veta2018 Thanks, That chicken looks tasty. We are having Lemon Chicken Gnocchi (never had Gnocchi before) for dinner tonight. Since we have been eating at home I have been on the search for new dinners. I print the ones we like for future use.

There is not much in the plan for today but some house work and a dog walk. I hope everyone has a blessed day!

"Today, I Choose To Be HAPPY!"
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the congrats on being a team winner. Unfortunately, I went up a pound and a bit this week. So, I did not track my food as I intended for the rest of January :( Life got busy and I got lazy with inputting. I really want to get back to it as I definitely notice a difference with tracking.
    Sorry I haven't been keeping up with posts either. I hopped on last night and noticed 99+ comments! So, starting fresh today. Please feel free to call me out if you don't see me on here at least 1x/week commenting. I need a little tough love. I'll try to update by the end of the week. In fact, writing it in my daily planner (AKA my daily bible) right now! Take care alll!
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 112 Member
    edited January 29
    Options
    @trooworld Yum Chicken Pepperoni sounds delish! I looked around his website and there is a lot of yummy recipes!

@Katmary71 Our fur babies have no respect for our sleep. Maggie started banging on her crate and whining at 5:30 until I got up to take her out. I think now that she is almost 8 years old her bladder isn’t what it used to be. What fun to be able to find some clothes for your charity event that didn’t cost you anything! Yeah, a lot can be hidden with some good shapewear. You will get back where you need to be. <3

@badnoodle Sorry about your shoulder pain. I have an issue with my right shoulder and always struggle with certain exercise moves. I hope you feel better soon.

@Veta2018 I think I like doing my own diet best of all too. Some days I might eat all Keto and the next might be a very carb-heavy day. I am trying to balance it and I really do think portion size is key. I do love my workout program! :D Your chicken dinner sounds yummy! I like to try new things too.

@txcritter69 My problem is that I collect condiments and then never finish them. I must have tossed 6 bottles of different things that were way expired. I need a no-spend year! :D

@sleepygirl79 It’s hard to be consistent with tracking. I always start and then fizzle out. I am working on just recording what I ate and not worrying so much about the calorie count. At least it’s something! :D Yeah, if you get behind you have to jump back in. Trying to keep up is too much and no one should feel pressured. :)

Hi Team! So, this morning I started stage two of my workout program called Sculpt & Define. It’s time under tension moves, which I love!! I did go up in weight a few times but at the end he had us repeat three of the moves, 45 seconds each, 3 sets. By the end, my grip strength was gone, and I had to drop weight just to finish. I can’t wait for tomorrow’s chest and back! :D I went to Walmart for groceries and then managed to clean my bedroom and steam my clothes that needed it. Tomorrow Joe and I have to go to the dentist for our 6-month cleaning. Joe doesn’t think he should have to go. I told him that wasn’t an option yet because he was still breathing. Ugh!
    Word for 2024 - Strive
This discussion has been closed.