Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    Hi MS...You have a new member joining your awesome team ..Please welcome @GrinningPossumLifts :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,578 Member
    Options
    Weigh ins needed: @DebJB30 @megnolia82 @sleepygirl79 @littebabekitty @JadeGypsyxo @vegan4lyfe2012 @AmbersWay @Jactop @tylaK2015

Tomorrow reminder for: @FushiaKat

@trooworld Aw how sweet of Daisy. Does she usually sleep with you? The one downfall of having a batch of pesto around is it goes bad fast so you'd have to eat all that sundried tomato pesto which would be heaven but bad for weight loss! Woohoo glad you opened the box, one step closer to blasting “Her Strut”! I did get in the tub, hoping to make it two nights in a row!

@Veta2018 LOL your dog sounds funny no way to sleep through aggressive pup kisses! Oh yum the stuffed chicken breasts sound amazing! Definitely share what you're up to, we've had a lot of good recipes come up in this group that I've tried.

@txcritter69 Aw I bet Diesel is so sweet when he sees you in the morning. Jasper goes crazy when I get back from getting mail, I can see him meowing in the window when I walk back up the pathway. I've been tempted to sleep alone especially being allergic to cats but it's so sweet to wake up with them snoozing next to me. I do sleep with earplugs so I don't hear them though. Your dinner sounds real good too, yum!

@sleepygirl79 You're welcome, that's ok on the gain it happens. Please don't feel you have to reply to all the comments, we're happy just hearing how you're doing when you get the chance. I know when there's a bunch of things you haven't responded to it can get stressful but it's perfectly fine to post your update or just reply to a few.

@TeresaW2024 Oh no Maggie was a little stinker this morning!Thank you. Wow that sounds like a tough workout but it's the kind you'll see really good strength improvement fast from. Good luck getting Joe to the dentist tomorrow! Frankly I think we should still get lollipops or pick a prize even though we're adults.

@morenin That's great news you're down sizes! Oh no I hope you didn't flash anyone when your pants fell! Definitely time to say goodbye to those! Way to go!

@GrinningPossumLifts Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles! I can't wait to hear the story behind your name here so please do tell!

@micaroo4 Very good advice on logging, I agree with everything you said. There's something about seeing it written down that helps a lot, when it's just loosely in your mind it's easy to forget things or not realize what all is going on.

Hi friends! I got up early and did some chair cardio then off to PT. They tried to get me to do cardio to warm up and I made it clear that I just finished 30 minutes of cardio at home and want my time there to be focused on strength training and stretching for my back. She tried to get me to do it for 5 minutes and was being pretty rude so I said her choice was strength training or they'll lose me as a customer. I was about to shopping and don't need 5 minutes on a machine that tends to flare me up when I won't gain anything from it. I had an amazing PT when I went before my back surgery then my home PT was awesome, this last month it's kind of a waste of time to be honest. Met my dad at Panera then went grocery shopping and came home. The neighborhood was having the trees trimmed and there was a stump grinder so I went and asked if I could have wood chips. I currently have half a driveway filled to deal with, I'm trying to do a little at a time. I'm seeing an allergist in the morning and have to get to my paperwork, have a great Tuesday!
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @GrinningPossumLifts!

@Katmary71 Not to worry, it was the middle of the day, after a vet appointment, and most people were at work or school I think! My dignity, such as it is, survived. But yes, those pants are definitely on the way out! And they're probably taking my best jeans with them. ><
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    WI Monday
    PW 206.4
    CW 206.4

I was down all week and now I’m back up today. Ugh
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    Good morning Slims!
    Snow here yesterday morning, about 3 inches. Doesn't sound like much, but when I drove to work early in the morning, there was a jeep in the ditch on the industrial park road. I'm sure the driver thought his vehicle handled really well in snow, right up until the moment when it didn't make that corner.
    The roads were all cleared off by noon and I was able to take my lunchtime walk. At this time of year, that's the only time I get to be outdoors in the daylight on a workday. I'm driving in when it's dark and driving home when it's dark. I'm so glad that I've cut back to 3 days a week. Being outside in the sun - or at least while the sun is up, even when it's cloudy - makes such a difference in my energy and mood.
    Thursday is my inventory day, so I have to go in really early. Wicked early, as we say here in the northeast. I'll be at work at 4:00am. I tried to get my boss to shift some of my inventory responsibilities to someone else, but she won't have it. That particular job is all mine until I retire. Sometimes I think she'll make me come in once a month to do inventory even after I retire!
    Today is my adventure day! Today, my guitar and I are going to the senior center to play. I'm nervous, but it will be good to do something outside my comfort zone, and meet new people.

-Mica
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Well it’s almost the end of my shift and I have caught up on all the posts since Saturday. Congratulations to all who made the letter board.
    To all that have asked I am still extremely sad in my heart over my kitty but I have picked a beautiful picture I have of him and I’m going to get it enlarged frame it and put him up on our family wall. I have two dogs as well so they always make me smile. Especially Whiskie our Great Dane. Wow what a personality. lol.

To avoid stupid eating I have only been packing healthy food in my lunch that way if I end up snacking at least it’s fruit and veggies.

We’ll break is over. Better get to it. Have a great Tuesday everyone!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 - your sweet kitty is so beautiful. I grieved a long time over my last dog when he passed- almost 2 years ago. Give yourself time. Hugs.....
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @Veta2018 That looks yummy and healthy, too! That's good you found your own way diet-wise. Those are the best eating plans! Your dinner looks, and sounds, good.

@txcritter69 LOL I learned a long time ago that he does things on his own terms and when I try to rush him, it backfires. When he was a baby, he didn't walk until he was almost 2 years old when he just suddenly just stood up and started walking, on his own terms. :D I hope your dog walk was nice.

@TeresaW2024 Yeah the video looked really good so I got suckered in. I need to be careful with his recipes as they can be very calorically dense. I use them for splurge meals, which I have 1-2 times a week! It sounds like you had a great workout and congrats on going up in weights. Good luck at the dentist!

@morenin Oh gosh, I bet you can't wait for those 3 days to be up. That's good you are out walking the pup. Congrats on going down in sizes! That's a great NSV.

@GrinningPossumLifts Hi and welcome to the team! :D

@Katmary71 Yes, she's very sweet. And yes, both dogs sleep with us (which can be a pain!). Oh, I got a small bottle of it and only need 1/4 cup so the rest will just go in the fridge and I may use it next week. I'm glad you got in the tub! I'm glad you put your foot down about the cardio. That's too bad the PT's been a waste.

@micaroo4 I hope your adventure goes well. Good for you for getting out of your comfort zone!

@tammymccrady6278 That's a good idea to have your favorite picture enlarged and framed. And another good idea to pack healthy food to snack on. Awww, what a beautiful kitty Milo was! Is that the pic you chose? I love it!

@Cornanda Good advice.

Hi all. I DID go for a walk yesterday on my break. I took a bit longer than I was supposed to, I only get a 10-minute break twice a day (and a 30-minute lunch) but I walked for almost 17 minutes. I think I will do that again today. Because I took that walk and was actively walking around the building at work, I hit my step goal for the day (6,000). I actually got 8,099 steps. Your personal peak depends on your age. People younger than 60 should indeed walk 8,000 to 10,000 steps a day to get the best benefits in terms of life expectancy and cardiovascular health. People older than 60 show the most benefit between 6,000 and 8,000 steps. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/you-dont-really-need-10-000-daily-steps-to-stay-healthy/

One of my dogs (Violet) has an eye problem right now and I'm very worried as those things can go south fast. I am taking her to the vet today. Violet was on the back of the couch and Daisy got up on the couch with her to try to comfort her, she could tell she wasn't feeling well.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, took a 17-minute walk at work, and drank 119 oz of water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"

srrftnebvzft.jpg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, everyone! Here is your discussion question for today:

vm2ut7dte0eq.png

What can I do to practice more self-care this week?
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 - Thank you. Lemon Chicken Gnocchi sounds good too. Olive Garden has a Chicken Gnocchi Soup. I like to get the AYCE soup and salad when we go there. I have to remind myself about portion size though.

@morenin - That's awesome that your clothes are too big now. What a great NSV!

@GrinningPossumLifts - Welcome!

@Katmary71 - Here's the Spinach Stuffed Chicken recipe- thecozyapron.com I My husband has a Tree Service.(Small Time Tree Service...Big Time Savings) Business is starting to pick up again. We have a couple jobs scheduled for this weekend. He has a chipper and stump grinder. I use the wood chips in my garden.

@micaroo4 - I think that's so cool you're going to play your guitar for the seniors. I think they'll like that.

@tammymccrady6278 -  <Hugs> A very nice picture of Milo.

@trooworld - It can be so frustrating having to wait, when I really need my husband's help with something. Maybe, you should put it somewhere he has to step over it or in his constant site range....lol. Nice job exceeding your step goal. Awe...hope Violet' s eye is ok.

What can I do to practice more self-care this week?

This week I'd like to focus on being Mindful again. I learned a lot while practicing mindfulness last year. I want to use some of those techniques and take time to truly enjoy the present moment. I will think about my choices of foods, why, when, and where I'm eating. I will do intentional exercise and focus on my breathing, posture, and the muscles, I'm using. I will work on getting to bed at a decent hour to get 7 hours of sleep.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong! 💪

• txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    edited January 30
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 I am the same way with condiments, just chunked a bottle of basil pesto that I bought for a recipe. I was checking to see if I had some for another recipe. It was way past it exp. date. I feel like I just bought it. Thanks for the advice on tracking. I am going to make some changes next month with my tracking. Good luck at the dentist.

@morenin Congrats on your NSV fitting into a smaller size is awesome.

@GrinningPossumLifts Welcome to the group.

@micaroo4 Thanks for that info on tracking. Snow is why I live in the south, we get our little winters which are plentiful for me. Would that be funny if she did make you come in after you retire.😂 Have fun at the senior center.

@tammymccrady6278 That is a sweet picture of Milo. I did the same thing when Sansa passed away. I have a wood crest on my china cabinet (that my mom gave me) that has all of her stuff in it with a heart shaped wood picture next to it. It has been 2 yrs and it is easier but I still have moments that it hurts a lot.

@Katmary71 I would have Diesel in the bed but it is not big enough for all of us and John is not for it. I do love seeing his excitement every morning. Sorry about PT, you know what is best for your body.

@trooworld have you tried the want something done sooner than later, start doing it and then yell for help so he will come in and help. I hope you did get it set up. I agree with you on walking, I used to push for the 10,000 steps every day. My legs and feet hurt all the time. It was not until I backed off that they stopped hurting and now I have a 7,000 step goal which I am happy with. Some days I have so much going on that I get over 10,000 steps. I hope all goes well with Violet.

@Veta2018 If you ever get the chance you need to try Lemon Chicken Gnocchi, it was so simple to make and it was amazing in taste.

Unfortunately I will not get to practice any self-care this week except rest. Tomorrow is the day I am having 2 teeth removed. So I will be down tomorrow and Thursday (I am a HUGE baby when it comes to pain). Then I will take it easy for the rest of the weekend.

After reading about how some of y'all track, I have a plan for next month. I have been printing some of the recipes that I have been cooking, if it doesn't have a calorie count I am going to find it and write it on the recipe. Instead of using the MFP tracker I am going to use a notebook to write it down. Maybe the old style method will work better than the new.

"Today, I Choose To Be HAPPY!"

• sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @morenin awesome job on losing some inches! It's so nice to be able to downsize. Keep it up! Treat yourself to a new shirt or pants.
    @tammymccrady6278 sorry about your cat. That's a nice picture to have hang in your hall!
    @Katmary71 I see you posted yesterday that you needed my weigh in. I had posted it on Sunday.

I'm back already. Had some time at lunch so this is a good time to post. Tracked all day yesterday and so far today. I haven't been worrying too much about the calories (within reason), just being able to see where I sit for calories at the end of the day is helpful (to start).
    Curious if anyone here does yoga? I've been toying with trying it as I'm finding myself getting so stiff from sitting at work. Hoping it will help loosen me up a bit. Has it helped for anyone else? I would need something very basic to start.
    Question of the week: I have trouble with self-care as I highly identify as a 'mom' and 'wife'. I am taking care of some ailments that I would likely put off-seeing physio this week. I feel so busy at work and home it's hard to keep up, so my self-care usually suffers. I will try harder.
  • micaroo4
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 - I do yoga. It will definitely improve your flexibility. There are as many different types of yoga as there are sports. But at the heart of it all, yoga is about breath. Controlling the body, by controlling your breathing, brings calmness to your brain. Yoga moves your body into positions that challenge your breath. So just remember, whatever type of yoga you choose, you don't have to achieve a specific pose or position. You simply work towards the pose as best you can, and breathe. There are blocks, and straps, and other props to help you modify the poses. The flexibility is a bonus, not the objective. The mental health benefits of yoga will change your life. I know, people say "life-changing" all the time, but yoga is the real deal.
    -Mica
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 05 of 52

PW: 138.6
    CW: 137.6

Hi Slimpossibles, another week has passed. I've been trying to lose a little weight because my weight was creeping up. It's still too cold and wet to rake leaves and I'm having a flare which slows me down even more. I have been practicing self-care by sleeping a little more when in severe pain. It helps.

I made Butterscotch Blonde Bars yesterday, it felt good to bake something. I used to bake all the time. I only tried a tiny bit; they are yummy, and my husband loves them, I gave some to our neighbor too. Not much else going on, I need to declutter, and I've not been feeling well enough to do that. I did take down the Christmas tree last week and I need to store all that stuff and vacuum the carpet.

I track my food so I can see where I'm eating over my limit then adjust and eat under my limit the next day or during that week. This helps me to maintain my weight.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 206.2
    CW: 204.2

Woot Woot!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat – Thank you for opening up and sharing your story with us <3
    @micaroo4 – That is unsatisfactory for the repair shop to not give you any updates. I hope you don’t have to deal with them again. “Wicked early” I immediately envisioned the mayor on Storm of the Century saying that!
    @Cornanda – I love your clarification that the turkeys were real turkeys hahahaha! Hugs and prayers for you and your father regarding your mom’s care. Have a safe trip.
    @tammymccrady6278 – Hugs! Milo was a sweetie. Hope your night shifts go by fast and uneventful!
    @trooworld – I have quite a few things with dragonflies…I think we actually had this discussion a couple years ago…one of the items I have is a display of 5 real dragonflies on my wall. Got it before going vegan LOLs
    @Katmary71 – Love that you got carried away with citrus! If you can’t eat them all, then zest them and squeeze them…freeze both. That’s what I do :) So glad the card party was successful!
    Things have been going pretty good here…just waiting for baby Oliver! I won’t be practicing any self-care this week because I will (hopefully) be helping Sydney with my new grandson. Contractions are happening…slowly…but happening!
  • micaroo4
    Options
    I had a great time at the senior center. People range in age from about my age (I am 67) to probably 90+. There was a group of ladies playing cards - apparently very serious card players - and they did NOT want "noise". But there were some guys playing pool, and they were all on board for a concert, so I started to play. I decided to start with the very first song that my Dad taught me to play, when I was just a wee child, too small really to hold the guitar. That song is "When I grow too old to dream". It's kind of a melancholy song and maybe not the best choice for my audience, but those who knew the song were singing. I went on to play some other tunes "At the Zoo" by Simon & Garfunkel, a couple of Elvis tunes including "Love Me Tender", a couple of Beatles songs, some James Taylor songs, and a blues song "So Long" which is a personal favorite (I don't think anyone knew that one).
    -Mica
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @morenin Uggh to side effects! I hope you feel better soon. What a great non-scale victory to have your clothes fitting so loose that your pants actually fall down. Wayyyy to go!! B)

@micarro4 Yes, I agree that tracking everything I eat is so important. I started keeping a spreadsheet in Google Drive that is also on my phone so that no matter where I am I have no excuse not to write it down. How great that you had fun at the senior center! Will you go again? :)

@Katmary71 Good for you for sticking up the PT. We know our bodies very well and they should respect that and listen. I love Panera! What did you get? :)

@tammymccrady6278 Your kitty was gorgeous! What amazing eyes. <3

@trooworld Good for you for getting out and walking. I am terrible with getting steps in because I’m home so much but I really should work on that since I know how good it is for us. I hope Violet’s eye will be OK and that the vet can give her some relief and the answers that you need. Your babies are so sweet! <3

Hi Team! I had started this post this morning and now I’m super late getting dinner started so please forgive me for not replying to everyone. Joe and I went to the dentist today and then I came home and was chilling when I finally got the call from my new pastor/boss with a HUGE list of things he wants from me. I have three pages of notes!! So, I jumped on the computer and got some stuff done but I will be working much of the day tomorrow getting the rest finished. I’m determined to show him my value. :D
    Word for 2024 - Strive
This discussion has been closed.