Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,578 Member
    Options
    askewcr wrote: »
    Greetings All,
    I would like to start weighing in on Thursdays. Is that possible starting today? Just let me know.
    B)

@askewcr I'll give the spreadsheet owner a head's up to move you to Thursdays, when you post your weight I'll add it in. Thanks!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @DebJB30 @JadeGypsyxo We need your weigh-ins and miss you two!

Fabulous Friday crew reminder for tomorrow's weigh in to: @trooworld @Davors19 @bethanie0825 @TeresaW2024
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @AmbersWay Happy to see you checking in! I’m so glad your tumor is negative that’s a huge relief. What is the plan with the abdomen cyst is it being watched for now? Does it cause you pain? Wow you’ve survived such an awful surgical trauma for 7 years, I’m glad you’re here doing better. Never forget how far you’ve come AND you’ve held onto being a wonderful warm person instead of becoming bitter and angry. Two medical students will be amazing! Keep being awesome, glad you’re on track doing well! Go away freakin migraines!

@littlebabekitty 26lbs down is awful great job! Haha that’s a LOT of DY-NO-MITE!

@trooworld Prayers for your BIL, hope he’s doing better fast and is home soon. Hugs to you!

@morenin That’s great news glad you’re able to start walking! You're a small 2x one step closer to a 1x, the sizes are ridiculous though!

@TeresaW2024 If you’d asked me what your old numbers were I would’ve drawn a blank but apparently my subconscious knows! Hm so if you could keep inflammation down your foot would be less likely to flare up? I’d imagine not pushing it too hard with lower body exercising then eating healthier should help in the long run. I know my feet get a lot worse if I go over 5000 steps (CRPS is an inflammatory condition). My backyard goes into a greenbelt but where the grass used to be is now half wood piles. I have a small area to garden in ground then a big deck and containers for the deck and yard. Haha of COURSE it’ll be a rainy Sunday for you, I was just saying at the holistic place that it’s rained 5 Wednedays in a row! They need to fix their wifi! Have fun with your great nephew and lil girlfriends!

@txcritter69 Oh no I’m sorry to hear it was 3 teeth, that’s so frustrating! I’m missing a few molars too, my years of high dose opioids ruined my teeth. Will you be able to get implants? I don’t have dental insurance so I haven’t had any and have a couple bridges. I hope you’re not in too much pain. I love the “Today, I Choose To Be Happy” after that!
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you! Poor rabbits, I hope they don’t eat the blanket! Yikes I hope the furnace is an easy, not too expensive fix. I can’t wait to see Oliver! My brother loves Dave Ramsey, very cool your church is starting his program. You’re doing awesome on your goals!

Hi team! I busted out my workout then went to the holistic clinic and did a few treatments and got stuck in metaphysical talks, they seem to happen quite often there. I’d gotten them a box from the charity for Valentine’s for Seniors and they don’t have any so we decided to do a small card party Saturday. I stopped at Dollar Tree for supplies for us as I left my other ones at a friend’s house. Worked and next up is my board meeting tonight. Our treasurer is trying to talk me into going line dancing with him. Being a lefty I’m AWESOME at going the wrong direction and don’t have much feeling in my feet so scary thought! Tomorrow I’m getting my hair done then have our town’s “Best of” where I’ll have to get dressed up for. Have a great Friday friends!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @Veta2018 Thank you! I appreciate it. Good job with the mindfulness and the exercise!

@morenin I'm glad you are feeling better. Yes, women's sizing makes no sense lol.

@TeresaW2024 I'm glad it went well. Thank you. Yes, he did/does! Bummer about the power outage. Awww, that's cute about the little 3-yr old. Why do you have to pay lol! Enjoy that workout! Congrats on the loss!

@txcritter69 Thank you. He has been in and out of the hospital for about 5 years now. He has long-term health issues. I'm so sorry about the 3 teeth. I hope you are resting.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you, I did get some sleep! No baby Oliver??? No heat too??? Oh dear! Poor Kismet! And you! I hope it's back on by the time you check in next. Great job with the no soda! I love fajitas. Bees and hearts will be cute! Thanks for sending those.

@Katmary71 Thank you! Line dancing might be fun, but be careful with your feet. Enjoy your event!

@19shmoo69 Oh gosh, I am TERRIBLE at jokes and have a weird sense of humor so this should be good lol. Here's a story from my youth that still makes me and my BFF laugh: Picture this: it was the 1980s so we had big hair and funny 80s clothes. We were at the mall, me and my BFF and this girl that was a friend as well. We were sitting on this concrete bench people watching. The girl farted really loudly and my BFF and I sprang up and bolted leaving the girl on the bench. She was really mad we left her like that but we didn't want to get blamed for that loud fart! :D I'm a true child, I know. :)

@askewcr Congrats on the loss!

@micaroo4 :D

@tammymccrady6278 I'm sure they do grieve your kitty's loss, too. Happy birthday to your son! They haven't posted the link to the Feb chat yet.

Hi all. My BIL is still in the hospital. We did cook last night, so that was good. The night before was frozen lasagna. I'm hoping to make a Chinese chicken salad tonight. I'm surprised I lost this week as it didn't end up being such a great week. But I'm glad. Have a great day!

No Zero Days: Pretracked and drank 89 oz of water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @askewcr You're welcome it was moved by the time I went to log it already. Go get it!

@tammymccrady6278 That's really sad about your pups, I'm sure they're grieving as well. I know some vets recommend letting them say goodbye to the lost pet after it's passed but I think that would be heartbreaking too. Glad you're halfway through the nights! Your son's birthday will lift your spirits next week, I'm sure being around family and celebrating will be wonderful for you. Friday chat isn't up yet, the weigh in week ends Saturday and the next couple days are on the January spreadsheet so maybe that's why?

@trooworld I skipped the dancing, our meeting was real good though! Our treasurer ran out so I decided to just go home plus I'd offered to give a ride to a member who just had eye surgery. We DID talk about plotting to pop up as a group one Thursday night but we'd have to start staying up later because the two of us are twins with the pjs and cats in bed at 9! You had a great weigh-in! I hope your BIL is feeling better.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 258
    CW: 259
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Good joke that would suck (or should I say stink?)

@sleepygirl79 Hahaha too funny your poor mom!

Hi everyone! Got my hair done and went to the card making party at a new tea shop opening down the street which was fun. I came home with teas and a new tea mug that has a lid on it (bee cup) so I'm going to try that out in a few minutes. Tonight's the award event for the town's “best of” so I have an hour to rest before I have to get dressed up. It's raining and I'm a little concerned about making my nerve pain worse so I'll probably wear pants under my dress. Have a great Friday night and Saturday!

Weigh-ins needed for: DebJB30 @JadeGypsyxo @bethanie0825

Reminders to the Saturday Slayers: @865jessica @Digger61 @gemwolf110 @tammymccrady6278 @vrafer
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    The February Team Chat is open! Please continue to weigh in here through the end of Saturday, and go to the new month for introductions, goal setting, and getting ready for a great Leap Month!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10908910/mission-slimpossible-team-chat-february-2024/p1?new=1
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 211.6
    Today’s Weight: 212.6
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,982 Member
    Options
    My outdoor adventure for this week (weather permitting) is to walk Pine Hill Cemetery and take pictures. My indoor adventure (if I can't do the outdoor) is to take a cooking class, preferably in person. But Tuesday is looking like a good day for weather, so it's likely that I will be outdoors. My chore (if I don't do one of the adventures) is Shampoo Carpet. OK, that seals the deal - I'm definitely doing one of the adventures!!

Mica
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 Ohhh I am sorry that you had to lose three of your teeth. I have two missing myself. Will you get implants? I decided against it since you can’t see the missing teeth, and the cost was so high. I hope you heal quickly! :)

@vegan4lyfe Baby Oliver is taking his sweet time coming into this cold wintery world and needs grandma to get her heat fixed. :D I’ve heard good things about that Dave Ramsey program and hope you get a lot out of it. Yay for being soda-free for 41 days. I’m still doing OK with my no sugar but have had a few slips. Every day is new, and I’m thankful for the chance to do it over and get it right. :) Can’t wait for my Valentine card! <3

@Katmary71 Yeah, I’m trying to learn not to push the activities, causing pain when my foot flares up. And I know that losing weight will greatly improve it. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to see the kiddos. The new church dumpster was almost two hours late, and by then, Joe had been left alone long enough. Hopefully, I will get over there this week. I miss them! I went line dancing once. It was hard! A card-making party sounds much more like my speed, too. I hope you have a wonderful time at the “Best of” event. :)

@trooworld Why do I have to pay for dance lessons, you ask? Because my family is poor! They need better jobs and to stop having so many kids. :D Yayyy for losing this week despite all the stress you are under. I hope your BIL gets out of the hospital soon. <3

@19shmoo69 That joke!! :D:D:D Reminds me of my husband, who is hard of hearing and has dementia. A few weeks ago, while in church, during the pastor’s prayer, my husband blurted out, “What are we having for lunch?” :o:D
This discussion has been closed.