• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,100 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day!!!

0476b86b9kvw.png
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Veta2018 I just learned yesterday that Mardi Gras means Fat Tuesday! :)

@AustinRuadhain Great job!

@txcritter69 I'm glad the journaling is helping. Have a great day and that's great you got your RV back, now for adventures!

@Katmary71 Oh those are good. Chicken would be a good addition. That's not fair of the president. If she's going to change that much about it, she needs to put her name on it! That's too bad your ideas are being squashed. A good leader welcomes new ideas.

@sleepygirl79 That looks like a nice and easy recipe!

@TeresaW2024 I do! We are going to go down to the bay and walk around there and Little Italy (they are close to each other). I am going to get a nice bottle of red wine and some fresh pasta and we are going to have a nice dinner at home. I also have 2 Spanish lessons planned. And am meeting a friend for coffee on Sunday. How about you? My husband is back to normal (thankfully). The walking pad is out of the box but needs to be set up still. I need my DH to help me with that and he's been preoccupied with his brother in the hospital. I don't want to bug him as his brother isn't doing well. :( Two-hour phone call? WOW! That guy has a lot to say! LOL That's good he likes your work. MMMMM meatball subs! :D Enjoy.

A FAVORITE HEALTHY RECIPE: This recipe for Cheese Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf is a favorite. I don't roll it as it instructs, instead, I just mix everything together. https://www.skinnytaste.com/cheese-stuffed-turkey-meatloaf/

Hi all. I'm tired of the cold weather and want spring to come lol. It's 46F here, which is almost as cold as it gets in the morning. Does anyone have plans for Valentine's Day today? I am dressing up in Valentine's Day-themed jewelry and red and pink but I have no plans. We are celebrating on Saturday instead.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, only healthy snacks.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain - Nice job on following through with your goals. 15 floors, and 10 floors. That's a good climb too. It's a lot easier on the way down....hehehe.
    @txcritter69 - You have a great strategy and know where you need to improve. You got this!
    @Katmary71- It is inspiring how you got back on track after your surgery. You are doing great!
    @FushiaKat - You're doing great in maintenance. I'm not think about Easter yet. I'm looking forward to having some corn beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's day or maybe even a Reuben.

My husband and I went grocery shopping last night. I budgeted to keep it under $200 but then my husband lost a $100 bill. He said he thinks he accidentally gave the cashier an extra bill, because that was the last time he seen it. I like chocolate but I like flowers more. For Valentine's day, we have plans to go out for dinner tonight. I'm thinking maybe, Olive Garden, Chicken & Gnocchi Soup, salad, and one bread stick. Its' going to be a high carbs day, so I want to make sure I get a good workout in too. I also need to finish the laundry and do the dishes before my youngest son comes to visit me today.

My healthy recipe is Slow-Cooker Stuffed Cabbage Rolls.
    https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/8024098/slow-cooker-stuffed-cabbage-rolls/
    z2zhv3bciaoc.jpg
    💪 Mission Slimpossible Strong! 💪
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I love the recipe idea. Walmart was crazy.🤪 I don't know what I was thinking🤔 going yesterday. I am sorry things did go well with the article.

@sleepygirl79 I am printing the Tomato and spinach Pasta Toss and adding it to my recipe book.

@TeresaW2024 I am glad your boss liked your Easter ideas. With a new boss comes new ideas. I hope he doesn't just have you spinning wheels doing research.

@trooworld I am looking forward to spring as well. I can't wait to spring forward and get that extra hour of daylight.

@Veta2018 I am so sorry that your husband lost the money. That is a lot these days.

Well as far as I know there are no plans for today but hubby has a way of surprising me. He can keep a secret better than I can. I picked up a box of candy and his favorite drink Mikes Hard Lemonades yesterday at the store. We are simple people.

I hope everyone has a great Valentines Day.💝

My plan for today is:
    1) Don't go over calorie goal
    2) Get steps in 7000
    3) Do the 15 for fitness challenge

"Today, I Choose To Be HAPPY!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

@Katmary7 Oh my, I could feel your frustration over the president and her lack of trust in your abilities. And spending your time nagging to get other people to do things is awful. My new pastor has several ideas that I already know from experience will be a huge PITA for me because it will require others to do their job so I can do mine. What if you did step down from being the secretary and were just a part of the charity? Would that give you more peace of mind and less frustration? You should give a lot of thought to what this might be costing you emotionally. <3

@trooworld, your weekend sounds wonderful, and I hope you have great weather so you can enjoy your time down by the bay. Now I have that song in my head! :D I don’t have a lot of plans, but I will be going over to my nieces to get my hands on that baby. He has been sick with a cold, so I haven’t wanted to take the chance of bringing it home to Joe, but I miss him and the rest of the kiddos. No Valentine's Day plans here, but that is OK. :)

@Veta2018 Uggh, losing a $100 bill hurts! Olive Garden is a nice place to go for V-Day. :)

@txcritter69, the new boss, has me doing a lot of things, and since I’m an overachiever, I’m trying to anticipate some things as well, which has me doing a lot of work. It will all settle down eventually. I pray! :D

Good morning, and happy Valentine’s Day! <3 I have worked out and cleaned the bathroom, and the rest of the day will be spent getting everything I need ready for tonight's staff meeting. Today is the start of Lent, and while I’m not Catholic, I like the idea of giving up something and making it a meaningful part of my worship. So, I started a new 40-day book from the same writer of the 40-Day Sugar Fast called 40-Day Feast, which is Bible-focused. I also plan to continue my no sugar (as much as possible), no alcohol, and no afternoon snacking. I’m hoping that turning my focus off myself might help me reach some goals, like weight loss! Have a good day! :)
    2024 Word: Strive
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,724 Member
    edited February 14
    Options
    @FushiaKat That’s very true about the Easter wiggle room! I had free strawberries with a loyalty program and they weren’t bad but chances are they came a far way to be in Northern CA right now.

@trooworld Happy Valentine’s Day! Haha I was just thinking your feedback about a good leader is exactly how I feel about YOU! Funny I have made a few of skinnytaste’s meat loaves but didn’t want to deal with the rolling, I’m going to copy you and throw it altogether. Were your last couple days nice? The weather here was so nice, we have a storm coming in now and I feel as you do can’t wait for spring! I’m headed out with some single buds from the charity for pizza tonight and have a red scrunchy in my hair and hedgehog socks with hearts.

@Veta2018 Thank you! Have a wonderful time with your husband tonight! That stinks about the money I’m sure he’s upset as well. Yum those cabbage rolls like awesome I need to see if my slow cooker still works!

@txcritter69 Have a great Valentine’s Day, hope your hubby has some good surprises in store!

@TeresaW2024 I can tell you were a bit frustrated with the pastor the other day, I hope it goes better than you’re expecting. That’s exactly how I’m thinking, step down and go back to just doing the fun stuff. I like doing the minutes but don’t really like the nagging plus board meetings are every two weeks. It’s time I should be spending into getting better and finding a full-time job not trying hard and being unappreciated. Thank you for your feedback. I hope you share the 40-Day Feast with us!

Hi friends! We have a storm on the way which is making me want to crawl in bed but I’m meeting some of the women from the charity for pizza tonight. I decided to weigh myself at home as I was feeling thinner and I’m right under 160 thank goodness, it was seeming like the weight wasn’t going to budge. Not much else new, have a great Valentine’s night and Thursday!

No Zeros
    -Great workout
    -Healthy food to leave room for pizza and a drink tonight

WEIGH-INS STILL DUE: @badnoodle @megnolia82 @vegan4lyfe2012 @DebJB30 @Jactop @GrinningPossumLifts

WEIGH-IN REMINDER FOR TOMORROW: @askewcr
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    My phone started working. Yippee! The Internet tech fixed the line and asked my wife why we haven't switched to a better Internet company. Lol
    Well guess what, we are. Lol

Tomorrow evening I'll go back and read everybody's posts and respond. I will be posting the question tomorrow though.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Veta2018 Oh man, that sucks so bad! I'm sorry that happened. I hope you enjoyed your meal out.

@txcritter69 Yes! I hate the time change lol. I hope your hubby surprised you.

@TeresaW2024 Yes, me too! It's been chilly so I may have to wear a jacket. I just checked the weather forecast: it's supposed to be a high of 63F and cloudy. Boo. Well, it will still be nice. I hope you got to see the baby! Your mindset sounds pretty strong right now, that's great. Good luck with your 40-Day Feast!

@Katmary71 Awww, thank you! I appreciate that. Yeah, just throw that cr@p all in the bowl and mix it up lol. The weather here: it's been nice as far as the sun has been out and no rain, but it's been chilly, like high of 63F maybe? Aww, your socks sound adorable. I hope you had fun out.

@19shmoo69 lol! I'm glad your phone started working. I look forward to what you come up with for a question! :D

Hi all. I did ok yesterday and ended the day under in calories. I found out something about myself yesterday: I drink more water when I put ice in it. I know we just talked about ice lol but I had to say it.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

• 19shmoo69
    Options
    Thursday ice breaker question

What is one of the most unique, awesome, weird or dorkiest thing about you? Choose one and run with it.

Mine is my weirdness. It just flows from me mostly in my speech. From time to time I would flip phrases.

I can't lose for winning.

I'm going to taste the slap right out of your mouth.

In this lighting you look so beautiful. (It's actually totally dark).

• Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 636 Member
    edited February 15
    Options
    I had a nice day yesterday. My youngest son came over to visit. He brought me a dozen red roses and some Ferrero Rocher dark chocolate and he brought my husband a bag of mini Reese's cups. When my husband got home from work, he got himself cleaned up and changed, then we headed out to eat early. I could have done without the entree because the soup and bread stick was filling. I brought half of my entree home to have for lunch today. My husband also got me a fitbit. I never had one before, so I'm still learning how to set it up and how it works.

Thursday ice breaker question:
    What is one of the most unique, awesome, weird or dorkiest thing about you? Choose one and run with it.

I'm sort of a joker/trickster/goofball. I'm like a kid at times. I'll never grow up. I like to make people laugh, whether it's with quirky statements or pun's or silly actions or pranks.
    I've locked my husband out of the house and stand in the window, pointing and laughing at him.
    I've sat uncomfortably close to my husband while he is playing on his phone.
    I've played paparazzo, by taking many fast pictures of my husband and catching some awesome and sometimes hilarious expressions.
    I like April Fool's Day too. One April Fools Day, when my kids were little, I made a pitcher of jello disguised as Kool Aid.
    I've poked a hole in the top of a pop can, so whenever they tip it to take a drink, it drips out and they think they're drooling or something.
    I programmed my husbands bosses name with my phone number and texted my huaband that he needed to come in for an emergency job.
    I put a piece of tape over the mouse censer.
    I screen shot the screen so it appears like it's frozen.
    I put a 'For Sale by Owner' sign in my front yard and had people think we were selling our house and moving...hehehe.
    Those are just a few I thought of offhand.

• Katmary71
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Glad to see you back, hope the new internet company is awesome! My neighborhood only gets high speed internet with one company, I put up with my wifi going out for a few minutes about 5 times an hour to the point when I'd do workout videos on YouTube I had a VHS tape ready for when my workouts would freeze. Best thing I did was switch to that one company with high speed internet!

@trooworld Haha funny to learn that with water, I love cold water and am trying to learn to drink it warm.

Question Answer: I read a lot and remember a lot of tidbits but not always recall where I learned them so I know a lot of random stuff about different things. I go through stages on what I'm learning and tend to read a lot about subjects I'm interested in, I seriously used to ride my bike to the library to research things I don't know the answer to as a kid and like knowing as much as I can on a subject so if I wrote a paper on a topic I read EVERYTHING in the library on it (these days I follow a ton of groups and get too much email). I actually surprised myself when I helped the holistic clinic make essential oil Epsom salts at all the herb facts stored in my head or at the farm when I discuss something I haven't tried yet like worm composting. Did you know single women in Italy used to put pots of basil outside their doors to attract men? Obviously hasn't worked for me I usually have about 15 pots!
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    @Veta2018 the computer screenshot reminded me of a coworker who did that to his boss. It literally went so far that tech support was called. The coworker went in a confessed and fixed. Unfortunately he also got wrote up. But hey at least I can laugh about it now.

@Katmary71 you might try some marinara with the basil. ijs
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 372 Member
    edited February 15
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 250
    CW: 251.5

I've been doing a little too much celebrating. <3 Happy Valentine's Day All!!
    Let's go get it! B)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    edited February 16
    Options
    Valentines Check-in
    I hereby brag that I stayed reasonable on Valentine's! I got in 15 minutes of movement and didn't torch my food plan, so WIN!

Thursday Goals
    Yes, it's late, but there's daylight left so plenty of time to improve!

Today's plans
    ⚪ Food on plan with a focus in veggies - so far, so good!
    🟢 Fifteen for Fitness Challenge
    🟡 GtG Pushups: Goal for today is 3 sets (12+) - I have done two already, so making the goal 3!
    ⚪ Movement: 30 min walk
    ⚪ Steps: 6,000 - I am about halfway there. If I get the walk in, I will definitely make it!
    ⚪ Floors: 10 - I am at 4, so this is doable, but will take some focus. FYI, these are not all done at once. This is me making sure to get floors in, but I do them one or two at a time.

Thursday ice breaker
    Dorkiest thing -- I am committee chair for a BSA troop. I am passionate about Scouts. It's a great program. One of our guys just earned Eagle and I am just so tickled. So, yeah, if you ask me about Scouts, I rave, and knots and pocketknives are incidental.
    Second dorkiest - I love math.
    I also love old movies. My husband watched "Topaz" with me yesterday because it was a Hitchcock film I had not seen. I am running low on those, and it was a big treat! I love a lot of different movies, but have a longtime love for Hitch. Even the old British ones. I have even watched some of his silent films.

P.S. to @Katmary71 - Yes, I will talk about 1% better! Let me go find a couple of good pictures to include, and yes!

• Katmary71
    Options
    @Veta2018 Very sweet of your son to visit with gifts. Congratulations on the Fitbit, the gift of a healthy heart is perfect for Valentine's Day love it! ROFL at some of those jokes you've pulled!

@19shmoo69 LOL I did Caprese skillet early with my ex-boyfriend, we'd harvested basil and tomatoes at the farm and came home and made it and it was delicious. That fizzled out though so back to the drawing board. I've joked with a food bank farm friend that I'm going to the farmer's market to see if reeking like basil can snag me some gorgeous guy who loves Italian/Armenian/Greek food though I haven't had luck there either.

@askewcr Happy Valentine's Day, let's get it! I ate too much yesterday too, back at it today.

Hi friends! Spent my morning at the greenhouse starting seeds and have been pretty wiped out. I have a Zoom board meeting in a bit so I'm on early. I've decided to give it 2 weeks until the next board meeting to think if I really want to stick with the charity as secretary so I'm not just letting my emotions get the best of me. There's a lot going on where it's taking up a little too much time and my main focus needs to be healing and being stable enough to work more and when I'm not volunteering for there or the farm I'm usually having to rest because I'm worn out. Not really sure what to expect tomorrow morning with the interview, I'm a little nervous about it. Last night was fun but the rain was pretty bad, there were 8 of us there and we had a great time. My friend and I went to Trader Joe's and being a little tipsy I grabbed some junk food but I only ate one of them when I got home and stored the rest. Forgot to take a greenhouse photo, there's seedlings everywhere! Have a great Friday!

No Zero Days
    great leg workout this morning
    fun time at the greenhouse starting seeds
    good food

WEIGH INS NEEDED: @badnoodle @megnolia82 @vegan4lyfe2012 @DebJB30 @Jactop @GrinningPossumLights

TOMORROW WEIGH IN REMINDERS: @bethanie0825 @Cornanda @davors19 @trooworld @TeresaW2024 @buniphuphu
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW2024
    Weigh in week:  Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW (1.1.24) : 252.0
    PW: 247.5
    CW: 248.4
    Month +/-: +.9
  • trooworld
    Options
    Trooworld
    Fridays
    PW: 239.0
    CW: 240.6

+0.6 lbs
  • trooworld
    edited February 16
    Options
    @19shmoo69 LOL I love your weirdness! :D

@Veta2018 Sounds like you had a nice Valentine's Day. I hope you like your Fitbit! You sound like a lot of fun! I love your joker side!

@Katmary71 Ha! I LOVE your inquisitiveness and that you are such a great library user! I did not know that about basil. lol

@AustinRuadhain Great job! We have a subscription to The Criterion Channel. Are you familiar? It has a lot of unique movies, many of them older ones. You may like it.

@Cornanda I'm sorry about your gain. I do understand. I ate well this week and still gained. I really like what @micaroo4 said to you. HUGS.

What is one of the most unique, awesome, weird or dorkiest thing about you? Probably my weird sense of humor. I think it stems from being an artist. My humor is very dark and not everyone gets it. I am often inappropriate in my humor. Call it gallows humor...dark humor..black humor, that's it! I try to control myself but sometimes it comes out. Once, at work, I was embarrassed because I made a joke about something that ended up not being funny to someone. I can't help my sense of humor! Luckily, my husband has the same sense of humor. :D But I often feel lonely because most people don't get my sense of humor.

Hi all. I did pretty well yesterday, I was over by about 42 cals. I did pretty well all week yet gained. It happens, I guess. I'm getting my hair cut tonight. I stopped dyeing my hair about 6 months ago and the grays are really rearing their ugly heads. Actually, it doesn't look too bad: I have a skunk streak developing in the front.

This discussion has been closed.