Share your Numbers

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    edited March 12
    Options
    Well *I* was up 2 lbs (ok 1.5) and .... I had NOTHING other than the timing of the INs vs the OUTs! Because you know... the tube can only process things THAT fast and 750g of veggies are seven hundred and fifty frigging grams no matter how hard you try to work around that! :wink:

• PAV8888
    Options
    OK Laurie... you are a kitten disturber, aren't you! You made me export my cronometer and go through it :smiley:
    You said:
    How do you feel about just giving yourself a set daily amount

You've thrown me out for a three hour hamster trip! In a way even validating what you implied, though I don't think it can work for me given that activity is ~1000 Cal a day for me.

My MFP "super diligent" years were November 21 to November 20, I will pretend they were calendar years.
    2015 Calories in 2560, loss 72.5lbs --weight @ 168
    2016 Calories in 2913 loss -11.0lbs -- weight @ <157
    2017 Calories in 2911 loss -2.7lbs -- 153 to 157 range
    2018 Calories in 2920 loss -0.5lbs
    2018 is only 5 months Nov 17 to April 18, after April I stopped extracting/reviewing numbers and maintained in the153 to 157 range.
    2019 MFP not extracted/ reviewed in 153 to 157 range, higher end of 157 near the end of year
    2020 MFP not extracted/reviewed. weight down to ~150 by August using lock-down to come down.
    Up after mid September in classic rebound. Started logging on CRON October 25
    2020 Calories in 3030 weight going up (average just for Oct 25 to December 31from CRON)
    2021 Calories in 2948, no clear weight data as two scales/locations and weight app data loss before Nov 2022. I do see Fitbit 158's by the end of the year.
    2022 Calories in 2962,weight changing up, new weight data/graph start Novr 22 @ 160.2
    2023 Calories in 2904, weight peak mid September Jan-August average: 2945 Sept to December average: 2820 So not JUST eating. There was also reduced activity.
    2024 Calories in 2859, weight so far down... slowly

The averages, to me, feel remarkably consistent given the wild day to day variations. Which leads to: Fun facts: Logged 97% of days. 1200 out of 1237. average 2937 Cal. minimum 1790. maximum 7298.

IF the 2937 average morphed to 2912 i.e. 25 Cal less over the 1200 days... that would represent 8.5lbs and would put me at the bottom end of the range I seek!

Here is where "eating the same" breaks down a bit for me Laurie. Activity takes me from a "mere" 1830 Sedentary (AF=1.2) to the actual AF=1.91 corresponding to the ~2912Cal which would have been my maintenance.

So I DO need to keep track of activity and increment calories when I am more active. Because 1000+ Cal deficits would be too much! But what I don't want is the even faster incrementing that I would get for being heavier. Why? Because my eye ball says I am already slightly over-estimated at the top end. i.e. while I am on lower activity days I am a bit under-estimated. But on high activity days I am a little bit over-estimated.

And...pretty graph... calories in monthly minimums, maximums and average!
    8l9v7qyrl7q4.png
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,634 Member
    Options
    OH MY

I see kittens chasing hamsters chasing kittens

How about setting a regular daily calories manually + calories burned????

(LOL)
  • PAV8888
    edited March 16
    Options
    Well. That's what I do 😂
    Cron calories in.
    Fitbit calories out
    Chrono does RMR less deficit and adds anything beyond as it comes from Fitbit, ending the day with the Fitbit total less the deficit.
    But I'm very good at eating near maintenance by going over 🤣 So I do stealth deficit!😂

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,965 Member
    edited March 17
    Options
    Oooohh, your spreadsheets and data analysis are like cat-nip to a spreadsheet geek like me! <3
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Oooohh, your spreadsheets and data analysis are like cat-nip to a spreadsheet geek like me! <3

Wish I was good at data analysis :wink: Hey: you used to play with spreadsheets, didn't you?
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I love a good spreadsheet! And a good list...and some good data to delve into!....
  • PAV8888
    edited March 17
    Options
    Laurie is terrible! I blame her for making me spend the weekend looking at my data!!! :lol:

I've now added in the corresponding 1202 days from Fitbit and accounted for the 1.2lb total scale change.

With all the hamster tricking of the poor fitbit in play, I would have expected a -133.5 balance to materialize, i.e. a small loss. But what I got was the +1.2lb gain, i.e a +3.5 Cal balance

So in spite of my lies Fitbit still thinks I spent 4.5% more calories than I actually did. If it were NOT tricked the amount would have been closer to 7%.

For years now I consider Fitbit calories to be about 5% too high on high activity days. So my "stupid pet tricks" ARE keeping the numbers within the inaccuracy bracket I expect them to be

Of course I "blame" the Fitbit for the 4.5% (or 7%). But in reality the apparent results depend on the complete logging equation. Calories IN, OUT, and the 3% of UNLOGGED days.

And... fun as accuracy may be it still remains optional in order to point oneself into the correct direction.

FUN FACT!

I've been called a teetotaler by WAY MORE than one individual who knows me. Guess what? In the 1202 days I have logged 4562 Cal of alcohol!

JUST by itself the alcohol can account for the 1.2lbs!!! So OBVIOUSLY it is the BOOZE NOT THE COOKIES!!!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    My alcoholic ex always says ... NEVER blame the booze :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I always say NEVER blame Laurie :):)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    All PAVs shall remain blameless! :innocent:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I second that ...

ALL PAVS SHALL REMAIN BLAMELESS

o:)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Though...on second thought...I don't feel too bad about my role in your weekend data binge, PAV. That is not a bad one :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Didn't weigh myself today. Seemed like a real bad idea after the cake fiasco yesterday. BUT. I did log the emotional eating of the past two days. REALLY glad I have. Don't hate myself today as much as could :) Yeah. Not great. But. Better than some times in the past year. And not as horrible as the ??? shame makes it seem. Logging helps. I know you all know that, but just wanted to add this extra boost :)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,413 Member
    Options
    Today's weight: 256.4

At my current rate of loss, I'm about 3 weeks from being sub 250.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,851 Member
    edited March 18
    Options
    Woohoo Nic! Hope you’re feeling well. You’ll have fun figuring out who you and your body are as you continue to lose weight. Takes a while to get re-acquainted with yourself. At first I couldn’t adjust to how much less space I needed!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Congratulations, Nic! Wow ... I imagine you are already wondering who this new svelte woman is ! 110 pounds down??!?!!!!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Congratulations, Nic! Wow ... I imagine you are already wondering who this new svelte woman is ! 110 pounds down??!?!!!!

Yeah, 108lbs down. If I can maintain my current rate of loss (not unreasonable) I should be under 235 by my 6month surgery follow-up
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Woohoo Nic! Hope you’re feeling well. You’ll have fun figuring out who you and your body are as you continue to lose weight. Takes a while to get re-acquainted with yourself. At first I couldn’t adjust to how much less space I needed!

That's actually one of my favorite things. Flying in January, and even more so in March, and not needing the extender and not feeling (March mostly) like I am encroaching on my seat mates.

I can feel in in my car too. I may have to adjust my seat in the near future because the loss of weight from my *kitten* has me sitting lower and further from the pedals, lol
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You will have to move closer and higher

I was shocked the first time an idiot moved to go through the same door I was about to go through (in the opposite direction). Couldn't he see I was already there?

Let's just say that he was not the one who ended up wondering why there was no collision.

And then the will my second leg fit in my pants? routine....