Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,660 Member
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Sigh. Except no cccgg till fall at this time. Too many things on the move right now. Happy if just survival achieved between now and then
    Ah Mr. PAV you will survive! Chaos in life is cyclical so the future looks mellow.

Funny thing - we’re taking a cruise to Alaska in early September that leaves out of Seattle. On the way back the ship makes a three hour +- stop in Victoria BC. It’s some kind of maritime agreement between Canada and US. Not enough time to actually go into Victoria though. But we can disembark into the pier.

Wait WHAT? The "tourist" part of Victoria is around the "inner harbour". Where are you guys "parking"???

Are you saying that I have to schedule a day trip??? Need dates! :wink:
  • PAV8888
    Options
    WHAT?!?!?! Is this vacuum wielder oppression that the peanut gallery is advocating here? I "feel" I have to protect my sale seeking bro from this patently unjust-ish-ish oppression!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Day started *nice* with scale dipping to a number not seen since December 20, 2022.
    Yes, a peak-a-boo towards where I would like to go!

BUT...
    continued with the pre-easter buffet where I obviously got jealous of @Athijade !

First mega plate was ALMOST finished except for the nicely seared tuna and fresh egg benedict I was saving for last when...
    .................................. the crack of doom was heard!

Desperate phone calls ensued. Most excellent (good hands, seriously) Iranian lady dentist was found! Broken piece removed. Old silver filling removed. Attempt to solder visually cracked tooth with duct tape, chewing gum, and "modern" composite filling has been attempted.

Future of molar with visible crack running across remains uncertain! Cap or extraction probably required. But maybe root canal will be needed before cap? Maybe not? It's a mystery to be determined once things calm down a bit... if they do!

Wallet is lighter. Not sure that body will be any time soon... cause there was a Costco trip yesterday too!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

Wait WHAT? The "tourist" part of Victoria is around the "inner harbour". Where are you guys "parking"???

Are you saying that I have to schedule a day trip??? Need dates! :wink:

I think we’re there September 13. Ship docks at Ogden port but we’re there from 8 -11:45 pm. Odd time to visit a city when most things will probably be closed anyway. Besides, you’ll be busy with your lady.

Sorry about the cracked tooth PAV. Another joy of aging - those old tooth filling are prone to move around and spread forcing teeth to crack. And I’m really sorry you missed the ahi tuna and eggs Benedict!!!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,645 Member
    Options
    WHAT?!?!?! Is this vacuum wielder oppression that the peanut gallery is advocating here? I "feel" I have to protect my sale seeking bro from this patently unjust-ish-ish oppression!

fs0x303cta7z.jpg
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hope your composite duct tape holds together!!!!!! I had a molar give up most of its above gum tooth and a crazy amount of amalgam filling from ??? 35 odd years earlier. Good tattooed dentist built me a composite tooth because I didn't have the money for a crown. It has held up beautifully - 6 years and counting!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    PAV! No tooth problems. This is not fun to deal with!

Starting to chew again seems to have caused some soreness in the jaw muscles. So yay... new pain. Luckily it is more of a dull achy soreness then PAIN, but still so annoying. Gonna back up and do softer food again. Most chewing will be like scrambled eggs.
  • PAV8888
    edited March 25
    Options
    An eggcellent idea from @Athijade that I just may implement myself!!! :blush:

All good here. But I wish my bro had been less restricted by his @Yoolypr because he transferred over way too much rebound freedom for my Costco shop as a result.... and the potential for oopsies in single serve bags is quite high is all I'm saying!!! :fearful:
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    I think we’re there September 13. Ship docks at Ogden port but we’re there from 8 -11:45 pm. Odd time to visit a city when most things will probably be closed anyway

Who would have thunk it! I guess the cruise ships need to sign up for MFP!
    They are restricting them to the "outside" :lol:

Looks like a 35 minute walk. Is it even likely that they won't let you guys out to spend tourist dollars? I mean a bus ride would probably be a 10 minute drive. But they're essentially leaving a couple of hours at most for people to say Hi before they take off!

CCCGG *LIKES* Victoria though mid September is not currently on the primary radar. Actually currently NOTHING is on the primary radar due to having potential primary problems closer to home.
  • Yoolypr
    edited March 25
    Options
    They will let us disembark and walk around the port area. I’m sure there will be some touristy stuff to see and do. But we definitely won’t get into Victoria proper. That will be a whole other trip.

I’m still determined to revisit Vancouver as a primary destination someday. Definitely it’s a good place to go when it’s blazing hot here in Texas. 🔥

Hope your problems get resolved PAV. Sounds like a worrisome time for sure.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Actually Athijade, I started working on my weight after fasting for surgery and then some unexpected complications. I wasn’t able to eat much and was already semi fasting anyway. Lost weight and figured I may as well go with it.

Luckily I found MFP which gave me some parameters to work with so I wasn’t crash dieting as I had done in the past.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Harbour air from Richmond gets one there for coffee by 9/9:30 am--you're not out of the woods yet!!!!😘🤣🤣🤣
  • Yoolypr
    edited March 25
    Options
    Harbour air from Richmond gets one there for coffee by 9/9:30 am--you're not out of the woods yet!!!!😘🤣🤣🤣

But the ship docks at NIGHT 8pm - 11:45pm. And they want you back onboard about 2 hours prior to leaving port. So yeah - not enough time. I’m definitely out of the woods or Victoria!

We have direct flights Austin to Vancouver daily. Thus a week long trip to Vancouver /Victoria makes wayyyy more sense. Someday……..
  • PAV8888
    Options
    But but but the ship I saw was arriving 8:00AM, so I was "rushing" to get there first thing in the morning without an overnight hotel stay! 8pm would be nothing... the problem would be getting back without spending more on a hotel than the transport cost back and forth... and it can't be done! :disappointed:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    ad95nkv997zs.jpeg. Definitely 8 PM on September 13. It’s the Norwegian Bliss. It’s the last evening onboard so we’ll be tired anyway. Apparently Canada requires ships passing through its waters to make a stop regardless of time of day. Some funky maritime agreement.

Not going to happen this time. Maybe when Laurie opens her B&B in Newfoundland?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'm not 60 anymore :)
    And I've been ridiculously spoiled <3
    mfmfxro4nav3.jpg
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Happy birthday Laurie! May this be a year of happiness and health for you.
    6k1ztpyyx8t3.gif

And that cake looks positively sinful. I hope you had a great big hunk of it!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Laurie! What a beauty you are!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    The cake was ssssssssssssooooooooooo delicious. Lemony. Creamy. Perfect. And I was so mature about the whole cake experience. Went to dinner with two friends - we each have a VERY moderate slice. Afterwards we went to a pub to play trivial with 6 other friends - brought the cake along and everyone EXCEPT ME (not that is shocking) had a slice :)

Thank you, Bella! I'm working on getting used to the plumper me. Not that I want to stay that way - but being horrified by how I look is not going to help me take care of me :) And my friend is a pretty fine photographer - that photo works wonders :)
  • PAV8888
    edited March 27
    Options
    Someone is looking AWESOME!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

and how come I did not get my own slice MZ LAURIE!!!!!
    OR AN INVITE! :blush: