Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,615 Member
    Options
    Wow. And what did you do in your spare time today, Yooly?
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Ain’t no spare time during the holidays! I go until I collapse in a heap of exhaustion. 😵‍💫😴
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,609 Member
    Options
    curl up and have a GREAT Thanksgiving... you and all our friends "down south"!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I was being facetious, Yooly! Can't believe what you accomplished in a day.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    I was being facetious, Yooly! Can't believe what you accomplished in a day.

Oh I know Laurie! I can’t believe I did all this every holiday season and hold down a demanding full time job with miserable commute. It’s all about making memories, no?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I didn't realize that today was Thanksgiving for you folks in the USA - I thought it was on the weekend. Duh.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    And just in case it wasn't clear earlier: Happy 🦃Thanksgiving 🦃 y'all!😘
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Nsk, I hope you and your friend shared a lovely meal. How lovely of your neighbor to deliver Thanksgiving dinner for both of you! Thanksgiving is just one of those days when I just don’t worry about logging. Nothing on the list of traditional foods is low calorie!
    We can all do better tomorrow. At least you don’t have a fridge full of leftovers!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    There ARE benefits to getting the food delivered, right? MAYBE! :smiley:
    Hope you all had a great time!

In the oven... attempt #2 of pumpkin delight! This one is with less eggs (because I only had two left), same amount of custard/corn starch powder, less almond milk, less sucralose, an overabundance of greek yogurt (I absentmindedly dumped in twice as much as I was planning to because I was on the phone :blush:) baked it at a lower temperature (closer to 325 than 350) for a much longer time... haven't checked it out yet!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    While I admire your adventuresome kitchen experiments PAV, aren’t you consuming LOTS of 🥧 pies? The serving size of the crustless pie recipe is 1/8 of the pie! Even with creative substitutes your pie making pace is impressive. I’m not adventurous with baking because it’s a chemistry exercise with little wiggle room. And I’m not willing to eat the failures.
    Hubby had two chunks of pie today, son had 0 (not a fan of sweets), I also had 0 because I was too full from dinner. Maybe tomorrow if hubby doesn’t finish it off. I hear it’s good though. 😁.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I went and ate with my mom, sons, my ex-husband and my mom's friend. (Yes, my ex and I are still friends.) It was just fine, but Mom as usual got all worked up about doing the meal, and inevitably muffed some things up. I think I'll do my own next year, as I prefer.

Now to worry about the Christmas presents.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    aren’t you consuming LOTS of 🥧 pies? The serving size of the crustless pie recipe is 1/8 of the pie! Even with creative substitutes your pie making pace is impressive. And I’m not willing to eat the failures.

Hey: you havez to be willingz to eat your own dogfood... hence I only make dog-food with human grade ingredients (but I digress!)

It would have to be truly unsaveable and not worth the calories to be turfed! Over two days I am at almost 6000 Calories to maintain. Both pies together (because of substitutions) add up to about 1/4 that. And I'm using them as meals too!:wink: What's this service size stuff? Isn't the serving size of a pie... a pie and a bit?!?!?! :lol:

This one is actually not bad. Trying to figure it out a bit as I "straighten it out" in the plate. Do you know how much I overshot the sucralose yesterday? I used 1/5th today and it is STILL quite sweet! As an homage to Laurie I sprinkled 24g of granulated sugar on top and some extra cinnamon!

Onwards... needed more egg I think for sure. Actually I'm going to zip down to buy some eggs. Not sure if I have more cans of pumpkin around... wondering if things are turning ORANGE inside! :lol:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Ah - if the pie is a meal then OK! I do admire the experimentation. I’m not brave or patient enough to do that. It’s either good or bad as is. Minor tweaks maybe but no big overhauls of recipes for baking. Definitely can’t do the sucralose or stevia because of the weird after taste. And weird stomach issues. Like Alexandra’s mom, I’d muff things up so badly no one would be happy.
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    So still in the "Thanksgiving mindset", today I plan to cook a casserole I saw a YouTuber make that looked like something fitting for anytime winter squash and cauliflower are available ... It's basically a combination of cauliflower florets and dollops of winter squash that have been steamed to half cooked, layered in a casserole dish with a little bit of white sauce (butter, flour, salt, pepper, milk) spread over the top and then a bit of shredded cheese on top of that and baked until browned on top. Hope it comes out tasty as it's one of those dishes that can be a side or a main meal.

My Thanksgiving meal yesterday was real good. I don't have a microwave but my neighbor does. As it arrived around breakfast or brunch time I kept it chilled in the fridge and we ate at early dinner time. And, it was all 'real' food ... 1/2 cup each of mashed potato, squash, stuffing, 3-4 ounces of turkey breast with a bit of gravy, a dinner roll with a pat of butter and a piece of apple crumb cake with a dollop of whipped topping. ... When I entered it into the food diary it came in at just over 1000 calories. It was a good tasting meal. However, I was hungry enough to have a light snack before I could fall asleep last night. ...

@PAV8888 ... Pumpkin Delight ... sounds interesting. Hope you master the recipe to your liking so you will have it all written down for anytime later you want to make me. I like pumpkin chiffon type mixtures , pumpkin and rice risotto-type porridges cooked on milk, and with a few raisins tossed in for the sweetness they provide.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'm venturing out for the ingredients soon. I'm not wanting the sugar, PAV. That half is just to see what the real recipe should be like. I'll probably have a bit and give it to my cousin. I don't currently have any pure stevia which is what I would like to try...but I do have some maple syrup...so that will sweeten the test side of today's experiment. I'm also thinking this will be a meal option for me. A brunch kind of thing :)
  • nsk1951
    Options
    I made the cauliflower and squash in bechamel sauce casserole yesterday and absolutely loved it. I hope it tastes as good reheated as it did new out of the oven.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Nsk - how could that casserole not be good today! Sometimes the reheated version is even better the next day.
    We had thanksgiving leftovers today and I swear it was all better today.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    The cauli idea sounds like it would be awesome second day food! Will have to look up pumpkin chiffon :blush: haven't had time to experiment extra. didn't even get the extra eggs yet :disappointed:
  • nsk1951
    Options
    @PAV8888 AllRecipes has a pumpkin chiffon pie recipe that is pretty good. It uses sugar, eggs and evaporated milk and is usually put into a graham cracker crust. Probably more calories, sugar, fat than you are trying to come up with. However, I have made it and put it into pudding cups instead of serving it as a pie so that I could cut the calories for the graham cracker crust off my servings. Good luck in your quest for a light calorie pumpkin pie that you will create! It will be a 'family secret' and worth the effort.