Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,658 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    👋 have barely skim read and see I'm missing some interesting discussions! I'm not back, but figured I owe it to everyone to at least say hi!

CCCGG came... and sadly left already. Unfortunately we weren't able to do even half of what we wanted to because I was tied up with work issues and she was dumped on transit and sightseeing alone 🙀. And work is why I am not back as I continue to be overrun and way way way past any form of completion dates anyone involved would be ok with.

At this stage more weight issues are being caused by work and lack of moving time than the whole eating out while CCCGG was here!

Still hovering near Christmastime weights--thankfully not gone above. But definitely not below. And it is not Christmas yet 🤔🥺🤯🙀😡

To the question of eating while agitated/upset/concerned/annoyed and most especially cold or lack of sleep... yeah, none of that is resolved even after years at normal weight.

As long as I allow myself to graze to soothe (or whatever it is that I am doing)... well, I will keep doing it!

About the only things that make a major impact is that when the above happens at least I realize that I don't get to eat a meal on top of the grazing since the calories are already blown. That plus the occasional substitution of more filling / lower calorie options in the grazing schedule!

Oh, yes, and we are trying to plan a 7-8 day Montreal trip in the first few months of the new year as it is may prove perhaps easier to arrange and go through (19 to 24h travel days and 10h time differences are a little bit on the body -- the travel time for her to Montreal would be just about half when you consider both flight times and in airport transit and waiting time) 🥺
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,856 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    PAV - my boy! I’ve missed you! 😘

Sorry about the work load and CCCGG having gone so soon. I hope you do get to Montreal and see her again. Does Montreal have the ice sculptures or is that Quebec? Or both cause there’s enough snow there for everyone.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well... by the time we get there next year the ice sculptures will probably be gone :)
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I woke up at four am with a painfully misbehaving gut. So we can guess what sort of a day I'm going to have! (sigh) It's now six, and since the gut has settled down, I'm going back to bed for a few hours and then I'll try the day again.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hope the rest of your day went better Alexandra!
    Options
    Yes and no. Fiance is near a trauma anniversary and is not doing well in the mental health department. But we are managing it, and I got to the store today and did the shopping and got it all put away and the precooking started, so I'm pretty happy with today. I know I've lost some more weight because while my feet were sore when I got done, I didn't need to lie down and I could pace myself through doing some of the precooking and cleanup. And now, having given the good Sergeant one last opportunity to water a bush, I'm going to go off to bed, as I am starting to have to tell myself, "No, you're not hungry, you're sleepy, go to bed!"
  • PAV8888
    Options
    That's a tough battle which I hope you win!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,640 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, Yooly!
    Options
    Apparently I overdid over the last couple days. It appears my Monday is going to be spent doing non-weightbearing activities. My feet are ANGRY. Too angry to wear shoes. Socks are being only barely tolerated.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hope they settle soon, Alexandra.

Fun times pass so quick, PAV. Work time not so much. Quebec is absolutely stunning! (Montreal a nightmare to drive through though - forced me to install GPS app that I resisted all the way to Newfondland and Halifax and halfway back)

But the province is amazing - though maybe you have been there and already know :)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Welcome back Laurie- I missed you! We need all the support we can get.

I lived in Maine about 10 miles from the New Brunswick border. We were fortunate to be able to travel to Halifax and parts of Nova Scotia. Side trips to Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal and Quebec over the years too. Lovely! ❣️ I loved the smaller towns and country side over the hassle of bigger cities like Montreal too.
    If it wasn’t for the extra long snow season, I could easily become a Canadian. 🇨🇦
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Come on up! :smiley:
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Work has been busy of late with me being added to a team to focus on closing out projects timely. So we are currently going through a backlog of projects. It's not really HARD work but it is time consuming.

I am also starting to pack for both my trips coming up since they are back to back. I will only have 3 days at home between them so I want to get ahead of it.

Finally I have been making a list of what I have in the freezer so I can focus on eating out of it. I went a little crazy since I moved and bought a lot of premade meals when they were on sale. Upside is that they will come in handy the next couple of weeks so I don't have to buy many groceries. Downside is I want some space in my freezer so I can make soup/stew and freeze that. Also want to get a turkey for Christmas since I won't be home for Thanksgiving, but I will be for Christmas (only get 1 day of holiday).
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to this afternoon when I play Scrabble with another tenant in my Sr Apt building. She's is a more accomplished player than I am; however I have managed to get the high score 4 times thus far since we began playing in late May, a couple of months after I moved into here. It's always a nice couple of hours in the middle of the week for both of us.

I just finished cleaning up the kitchen stove real well and hated to cook on it for breakfast so I had a measured out bowl of corn flakes cereal with yogurt and blueberries mixed in. Supper tonight is going to be the last bowl of the vegetable-chicken-rice soup I made this weekend, and if I have enough WeightWatchers Points left I might have a snack later of some apple and cheese, or maybe I'll make those apples into something warm and nutty. ... And then I have to finish working up a grocery list so I can go shopping tomorrow. We're supposed to have a snow storm starting in the evening so It'll have to be a very organized trip!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Barely made it out of the 30s today which for central Texas is rare. I pulled out a heavy coat I haven't worn in years. We went out for our Vietnamese pho soup which was wonderful. Then we did a little shopping- it actually felt like Christmas! Of course it won’t last. Thanksgiving day will be in the 70s which is more normal.
    The getting-ready for Christmas anxiety is beginning. For me anxiety is always a trigger for overeating. And heaven knows there will be loads of easy goodies available.
  • PAV8888
    edited November 2022
    Options
    You're going to be stronger than me, right? What with US Thanksgiving and all that!

I'm going to have to break some hearts and make people cry.

They don't seem to be willing to understand or believe. But one of the decisions I made a few years back is that it is ok to be selfish and that what I want and feel is more important than not making other people feel bad.

So it is ok to pull wings off flies and be mean to people who think they're being nice.... right?!?!?!?!

And I've totally convinced myself now.... right...
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Oh- I do know I can be strong and say no to other people. As “the mom” I feel a responsibility to recreate the traditions and continuity of the holidays for my family. What would Thanksgiving be without mom’s special pie or dressing? Who will wrap the presents, bake the cookies, shop for gifts, decorate the house, write the cards?

Doing all that gives me pleasure and I know it’s appreciated but by New Year’s Day I feel like I’ve been running a race all month. What would I do if it were just me?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    My comment was prompted by freshly baked buttered bread at 10:30pm! With a comment that I could save it for breakfast if I had already eaten! 🤬

Yeah. Right.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Can't imagine you do that for "yourself" Yooly - except of course for the satisfaction of taking care of those you love.

I think setting boundaries is quite different from being mean, PAV. But this will be a tough one. Since those offerings are offerings of friendship/love.

Perhaps you will have to come up with something other than a strict "no more"? If food is this person's love language - perhaps you can tweak it? Maybe they would be happy to bring you roasted vegetables? Or something along those lines? I tried to convince a friend that the goodies were not acceptable for me for a long time with no success. But then I switched it up and suggested fruit. And instead of cakes/cookies/bars they brought a pineapple or watermelon when they came to visit. That was a bit of a victory. And much easier for me not to overindulge in :)

I know its not quite the same - but maybe close enough?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    I started out the day at 5:30 in the gym. Then I made the pumpkin pie and jalapeño cornbread dressing. After that we put up the Christmas decorations and trees - yes we have two! After that was a couple loads of laundry.

I am tired! But looking forward to tomorrow. 🥳