Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,896 Member
    Options
    Hope you keep feeling better Athijade. As for the weight - PANTS DON’T LIE! 🤣
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,672 Member
    Options
    Hope all settles into a calm comforting routine soon, Athijade. And YAY! No boos. Time to find a nearby store to pick up some new pants!

Congratulations, Alexandra. Sounds like a whole lot of good came with that raise. And like lots to keep you occupied to implement said good. You might be down to 4 months shape when all that is done.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,747 Member
    Options
    I haven't read any posts or anything yet. Don't know if I'll have a chance later today. Between extra local happenings and long awaited imports... that's one frazzled PAV! :blush:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hope that emoji smile is on the real PAV face too!
  • Yoolypr
    edited October 2022
    Options
    It’s been so quiet here lately that I’m beginning to fear our little group is falling apart. I hope not - because it’s been a great source of support for me and I’m sure for others in the group. We larger losers bring a unique perspective to the weight loss journey.
    Each person’s individual experiences and insights help to motivate us. And knowing someone else with similar challenges is out there and offering encouragement is invaluable.
    I hope we’re just in a temporary lull!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I am trying to stick around and post more. I may poof for a day or two, but my plan is to try and at least log in to support others and get ideas and support for myself. I find that even just reading posts from others helps me a lot in my own path. It gives me ideas and makes me realize that losing weight and getting healthy is possible.

So I think I overdid the walking this past weekend. My right leg, from my foot and ankle to my hip and back, is just pain. As such I am going to take it easy this week. No long walks. Only what I HAVE to do. I still want to move everyday, but it will be more like stretching, yoga, or a seated workout. Just going to try and stay off my leg as much as possible. Yesterday was bad. My back kept spasming and I nearly fell a couple of times because it would cause my leg to just give. Ended up laying on the floor for a little bit while I waited for it to calm down once.

• lauriekallis
    Options
    Definitely a quiet time. Hope it is temporary - hope to get myself going again and engage on the fun/challenge threads. Not as much fun unless a few people are engaging!
    Maybe we need a new challenge? Any ideas anyone? How about an easy one? "I am here" ????

Hope a bit of a rest brings you relief, Athijade!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Sorry about the foot/leg pain Athijade. Sounds like rest is probably the best thing for it and definitely starting slow when you feel better. Lots of good stretching and seated exercises online to get you through.
    My philosophy is some movement is better than nothing!

The only challenge I can think of during this upcoming festive season is to not lose any ground until January 1. Just hanging on would be a success 👍
  • Athijade
    Options
    Been thinking of trying to log again but I am so scared to do so. The last couple of times I have tried my food anxiety kicked into high gear and I started under eating and got too obsessed with it. So that makes me nervous to start again.

Just don't know what to do. I need to lose weight for my own health.
  • Yoolypr
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Maybe just getting comfortable with portion sizes first? And eating only one portion of whatever at a time?
    I found learning what counted as one portion was helpful in future tracking. I am always amazed at how small a single serving can be!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Oh also - learning substitution is helpful too. Things you can change in your regular meals. Like riced cauliflower instead of pasta or rice. Or low cal salad dressings. Doubling up on veggies over potatoes or meats. Less cream or sugar in coffee or tea. Small changes add up.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Great advice, Yooly! I've been there Athijade - and it anxiety just sets you up for a rebound.
  • Athijade
    Options
    I am struggling to figure out how and what to eat so I feel my best. I realized I was feeling horrible by the end of the day, overfull and bloated. So I tried to break down how I was eating and was struggling, but then yesterday happened.

Yesterday I had a fig bar for breakfast, a turkey and swiss sandwich with fruit/chips/a cookie for lunch (they had a local cafe cater for those who got headshots done at work), and then a large dinner, including dessert. And I felt fantastic! I had energy but I wasn't overfull or bloated.

So I think my problem is eating too much at breakfast honestly. I start out being "full" and then it continues through the day. My plan now is to try a couple weeks eating based off of what I have found. A small breakfast (I am hungry in the morning so I want something to eat) and moderate lunch and dinner. Now to figure out what to do for breakfasts...
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »
    Now to figure out what to do for breakfasts...

I have pretty much the same breakfast daily. One hard boiled egg, 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup berries/fruit. Around 200 calories with plenty of protein.
    Personally if I eat carbs (breads, sweet rolls, cereals)first thing in the morning, I set myself up for continuous, day long eating. The carbs -for me- trigger hunger rather than satisfy it.

But everyone is different. Find something that works for you and is easy. All my breakfast foods are ready to go with no cooking required. I pre-boil a week’s supply of eggs on Sunday afternoon and store in the fridge.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I have the same problem, Yooly. Carbs=hunger. This past week I have been eating grains pretty regularly - don't feel good for that. But they are so quick when you're out of time (and not prepared).
  • Athijade
    Options
    I think this week I am gonna do some yogurt and a couple dried figs. Protein, fiber, and good micro nutrients. I would do hardboiled eggs but my lunch plans include doing a loaded hash (potatoes, peppers, onions, and mushrooms) with eggs on top. So I don't want to overdo the eggs.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Athijade - you could add another lower cal protein. I’ve done a couple slices of bacon, breakfast sausage or even beef/turkey jerky. Jerky is somewhat salty but amazing how much is in 1 ounce. And plenty of chewing to remind you that you’ve eaten.
    I like Perky Jerky (turkey) or Lorissa from Costco. Shelf stable too!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    The really nice thing is that I can see some physical changes that aren't necessarily reflected on the scale. My lower back into hip area is definitely less overlaid with fat, and it looks like my belly has slumped more, so to speak; there's more waist definition and the fat belly is slumping down below the waist. I'm also seeing some loose skin for the first time, not just cellulite and lumpiness. So this is interesting.

I'm definitely feeling a great desire to lose weight as I move more. I'm walking with the dog once to twice a day for fifteen minutes (we are learning to walk so we can't walk for long long times). I'm also doing a lot more standing and moving about, and I'm feeling the weight as a burden. It's not depressing me, but it's reminding me, this is why I'm doing this. This is why I'm telling myself no, and having less than I desire.

The thing I really like about historical garments is that there is no size. You tie it where you need it tied. Bloated that day? Tie it looser. Lose some weight? Tie it tighter. I like this a lot at this point in my weight loss, because I am having a hard time finding modern clothes to fit around my particular shape at this point. It's not just the belly, but I'm not losing in the bust and any further bra size loss is going to happen in the band. I have very dense breasts, and they aren't going anywhere. I've lost weight to the point where if I buy a t-shirt to fit my shoulders and arms and back, it pulls unattractively across the chest. That makes me feel awkward and uncomfortable, and I am just not doing that any more.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Have decided to get married in a pale blue linen dress in the style called Chemise a la Reine. And I will make one in pale purple for Girlfriend, who is going to be my attendant and hold the rings for us.

I've had a very productive morning. Carried down and ran two loads of laundry, and made onion pakora and beef samosas. Also cleaned up the kitchen, which was embarassingly awful, and ran the dishwasher. Am now going to finish eating a peanut butter sandwich and go lie down for a couple hours because after rolling out the samosa dough I am Out Of Steam.