Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    sounds very cool, Alexandra. I hope you share a pic with us!

I intend to. Currently going with something very like a historic Russian sarafan and blouse, because I can do an Empire waist to accommodate my belly, and take it in and belt it as I lose. Handsewing a lot of this because my sewing machine isn't working right now.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,672 Member
    Options
    I wish you were closer...I have a sewing machine looking for a new home (yes - another one of those things taking up space! :) )
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I wish you were closer...I have a sewing machine looking for a new home (yes - another one of those things taking up space! :) )

Alas! I'd take it in a flash, too.

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Today is THE day….will check in later!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I overdid it this weekend which is why I was so quiet. Saturday I took the train downtown and shopped. Had a wonderful brunch at the Grand Lux (short rib eggs benedict which was served over hashbrowns instead of english muffins and a side of sliced tomatoes to cut through the richness). Then I spent too much money, including getting a new phone (I needed one and decided to just do it) and a winter coat (cause Chicago winters). So I walked all the way down and then back up Michigan Ave (also known as the Magnificent Mile) plus the walks to and from the L stations.

By the time I got home, I hurt. My legs were so sore and my right foot was just pain. Not sure what is going on with it honestly.

Yesterday I got some chores done and put up some artwork, but otherwise I crashed hard. Oh, I did go out and watch the marathon for awhile and cheered on the runners. Since it was pretty much going by right outside my door (well, on the cross street less then a block away). I found a bench since my foot still hurt and cheered people on, even those who were behind the pace vehicle. Because they were doing something I couldn't even THINK about doing at this point in my life. Like wow... such inspiration. Especially those you could tell were struggling but just kept going and pushing themselves. Ugh! I need to take some of that inspiration and put it towards my own journey.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I think you are, Athijade.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Any chance of having a doctor check out your foot pain soon? I coped with some bad foot pain for a long time only to find out I had a stress fracture! Who knew?
  • Yoolypr
    edited October 2022
    Options
    From the mouths of babes! I’m sure those girls had no cruel intent but there it is. I too never “saw” myself in the mirror- still don’t.

When I started losing weight my hope was just to get small enough to fit in with normal size people. To not be the biggest one in the photo or the room. Right now I’m a size 14-16, still 20 lbs over goal but am generally an unexceptional size. Average American old lady. While I’d love to lose more - mentally, socially and physically I can move through life comfortably.

Be kind to yourself Connie. You’ll get there but don’t try to do it too fast because that loss won’t last.

• Yoolypr
    Options
    Connie’s story also takes me back to being a high school/ middle school teacher when I was nearly 300 lbs. 😱. Yikes talk about cruelty! Teenagers know no bounds.
  • Athijade
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Any chance of having a doctor check out your foot pain soon? I coped with some bad foot pain for a long time only to find out I had a stress fracture! Who knew?

Not sure if addressed to me or Alex (yay foot pain club), but for me I don't have a doctor near my new place as of yet. It is on my to do list, but there is a lot on said list. I think it is tendon issues for me more then a stress fracture, but who really knows. I am pretty sure I broke my thumb during the move. It is FINALLY starting to feel a bit better many weeks later. Still have pain in the last joint.
  • Athijade
    Options
    I think you are, Athijade.

Thank you Laurie... that means a lot to me.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,740 Member
    Options
    I think eating children is acceptable! 🙀🤯👍
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Calories?
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Calories?

They were skinny little brats!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I think eating children is acceptable! 🙀🤯👍

Wow - I’m amazed you survived to adulthood! Bet you were a real handful as a kid. Or maybe you were one of those sneaky “good” kids? Either way it’s a good thing you didn’t follow Hansel and Gretel into the woods and become a tasty morsel.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,740 Member
    Options
    Actually, based on today's view of acceptable incidents... it is amazing that I did! Let's see.... a couple of hang off the balcony railings from the outside with a potential of seven floors worth of acceleration before an eventual landing on good quality concrete... pre seatbelt days squished against a cab door that opened during a very! long road curve at high speed with dad nabbing me from the scruff of the neck to hold me in.... dumped on the head off a slide by an aggressive 5 year old who body checked me off at the top... that high speed run at the cement pilar where I decelerated via the impact of my head since I was looking back while running forward in grade six... yup, there were a couple of good ones... not counting the fact that the parentals TRIED to forget me in Vienna, but Air Austria and the airport decided to keep the pesky unaccompanied minor in the lost and found for eventual retrieval... even though he had swindled the nice stewardesses into taking him home with them for the night!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Just as I thought PAV! Thoroughly incorrigible childhood and lucky to have survived to functional adulthood.
    Bet you were sorry when the parents took you away from the flight attendants- every young man’s dream situation.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Love it PAV. So - really - this incredible weightloss accomplishment was pretty small potatoes in your book of life :)