Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,669 Member
    Options
    Oh...stuff....it will be the end of us! Yes - the flashstick/scanned photos. I'm pretty sure that no one will look at the images more than once - and I have 12 photo albums and 6 boxes of photos to scan - that feels like a lifetime!!!!

Looks like you have things under control, Yooly! It will hopefully be like pulling off a bandaid. Hurts for flash, but then it is over.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Well not every photo is worth saving. How many cute poses do you need? I’m trying to digitize one good yearly son photo from childhood. One or two photos of life events/wedding/Christmas/graduation etc.
    Scenery, long gone friends, multiples of same events from different angles - into the shredder.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Hello from down under, literally!….yes, we are on the west coast of Florida about 40 miles north of where the direct hit of the hurricane came in….no power for a week….no hot water, etc….we did have water….we lost some beautiful big old live oak trees, some shingles on roof, an entire fence, a leak in roof, etc but we are all safe….the winds and rain were ferocious….lived here fifty years and this was horrible….grocery stores are out of everything….I am never eating peanut butter again, ever!…so many are in very bad shape here….I will be back soon….internet service is still on and off….thank you for all of your good thoughts sent our way!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    So good to hear from you, Connie. Thinking of you and your family and furry one
    everday.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Well, no great loss on the peanut butter ban Connie! Thank goodness you all survived relatively intact and safe. All the rest will get resolved over time.
    It was/still is a terrible storm for many Floridians. Hang in there and come back when you can. We miss you 😘
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    Yay Connie is safe! ❤️❤️❤️
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I went through that on peanut butter during a recovery from surgery. My mom took my three year old son, and a friend of mine came over every morning before work and refilled my water bottle and made me three peanut butter sandwiches and left them wrapped by my chair, and refilled the cat's food and water, and on the weekends my husband came home (he was a trucker) and did the laundry and cleaned out the cat box. Six weeks I spent like that, in a non-walking cast.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I declare this a peanut butter free zone! (I've had to give it up do to overeating tendencies).
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    This is the first time I have had internet today….cable TV has also been on and off….we are getting some things cleaned up but it is a slow go…hopefully everything will be almost normal here soon….I intend for Monday to be my “D” day!
  • AthleteLori
    AthleteLori Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are okay, Connie. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I'm glad you are okay, Connie. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Thank you!….I have been reading posts but haven’t been actually on track for a while…hope to get to know you better soon….I had lost 110 lbs but the last 10 months I have gained so much back it sickens me….but I am determined to do it again!….keep up the hard work!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hope your weekend helps you get ready for Monday, Connie. Can't imagine summoning up the energy it takes to get back into the groove when so much is still going on...don't forget "baby steps" ! Be gentle on yourself - you will do this, there is no doubt!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Getting ready to go up and start work on a blouse for historybounding. It's very exciting because these are clothes that I can simply tie differently, lace tighter, and take a tuck in as I go down, without having to constantly fuss with sizes. Plus, they will look better on a figure that is pretty much looking five months pregnant.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    So history bounding? Kind of like a Renaissance Faire thing? Cos play?
    There’s a whole world there I know nothing about.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    sounds very cool, Alexandra. I hope you share a pic with us!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Ah - more of a daily style thing. Interesting and impressive!
  • Yoolypr
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Today friends with sundry relatives descended on my dining room and removed ALL the stuff! The table is bare, floors are passable again. Woohoo!
    Getting all the clutter out feels like losing a bunch of mental weight. More work to do but making some progress. Someday I’ll be comfortable in my future tiny home.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    congratulations, YOoly!!!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    Wow! Err... wow! :blush: Impressed by Yooly!