Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,649 Member
    Options
    Ah - I forgot to write this :)

I'm driving to Newfoundland with my pup at the end of October. Borrowing younger son's truck (he can't come because of work) and delivering the remainder of older son and family's belongings. I've come close - but never took the ferry over to Newfoundland. I'm looking forward to seeing the land there so much (not to mention the people and THE BOY). Rocks and water. My favourite landscape. I just booked the ferry tickets before the storm came raging through...hope it wasn't a sign of what the weather will be when I drive there :p

I'll post some rock and water pictures - PAV and I can show you the two coasts of Canada!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,989 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the radio silence folks...my sister is taking up a huge amount of my time and emotional energy (her six month course of aggressive chemo started on Friday and yesterday my 83 y/o MIL (who has leukaemia and is asthmatic) tested positive for covid...so I'm a tad busy and distracted at present. Keep sticking with it, everyone!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,989 Member
    Options
    Woot woot congrats Alexandra!

Sorry you had to shell out so many $$$ to achieve bearable living Yooly. What a bummer.

Here it’s properly autumnal. I’ve finished my husband’s FairIsle sweater (see pics) and now I’ve started on a thick blanket...

e9x8wccrwqnr.jpeg

vqa6mkn6nsv6.jpeg
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    That is one exquisite sweater! Lovely work Bella. ❣️ I hope you’re finding some time to care for yourself too.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Oh, Bella - it's beautiful!

But I'm more struck - blown over by your plaid sofa!!!!!! I'm a bit nuts for this particular plaid (Blackwatch I think?) - I've gone so far as to paint my frontdoor plaid :p
    If you weren't so far away I'd be trying my darndest to wrangle that from you somehow. <3
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Now to serious stuff. What a spot you are in, Bella. Covid is scary from someone in her condition. And can't imagine with your sister.
    REALLY HOPE YOU ARE FINDING AWAY TO REDUCE SOME OF THIS STRESS ON YOU!
    I know you can't reduce what is coming in right now - but please take some time everyday to soothe yourself in whatever way will work well (other, of course, then sweets!)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,679 Member
    Options
    Yikes.... so many things going on!

Congratulations Alexandra: what wonderful news! Looking forward to the pictures.

Yooly... that's like NOT fair! Glad you survived the experience but ouch on the price tag. Let's hope this system keeps on ticking!

Laurie: this is amazing that you're going on a trip... but the timing... I am not so sure about the timing! :blush: Looking forward to the pictures as I've never been towards your neck of the woods! I think you're just trying to run away from Sky! You should visit with her if you can!

Connie I truly hope things go well for you guys. The storms are getting scary.

Bella: the sweater truly is wonderful. Now if you tell us your collected the wool off the monster sheep that roam the British fields I might even get jelly! But please add yourself in the list of people whose needs you have to take care off. I understand that people may wonder or not understand why you're spending time on yourself while all these other needs are there. But you HAVE to take care of yourself FIRST. So make sure to include *you* time in there.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    When is Sky here?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Approximately between October 17 and November 14 but NOT quite next door :disappointed: Turkey Point.
  • lauriekallis
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Maybe a good reason to visit Turkey Point! - a trip down Highway 6 before the land of rock and sea :)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    I fervently hope our Connie is safe as this hurricane hits Florida full on. 🙏 ❣️
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    I fervently hope our Connie is safe as this hurricane hits Florida full on. 🙏 ❣️

It does sound extremely scary. I'm not sure which side of Florida our Connie is on?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Florida is so narrow that west and east will be affected. Looks like the west side is going to get the winds and flooding. Certainly loss of power and down trees everywhere. Hope Connie and her family ride this out without too much damage.
  • AthleteLori
    AthleteLori Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bella: That sweater is gorgeous! Wow! You are talented.
    Laurie: Enjoy your trip to Newfoundland. I was there many years ago. It's so beautiful.
  • lauriekallis
    edited September 2022
    Options
    :) Thank you, Lori.

:/ Looking forward to a Connie update...can't imagine what her world is like at the moment.

I've hit that point of frustration that I've hit twice before in this past year.
    Scale is just stuck.
    First time it threw me off so much I lost inspiration/hope and gave up. :p Second time I doubled down and took my calories too low. The numbers started dropping but it was not sustainable and eventually I jumped the groove into bingeland. This time, the third time, I hope will be the charm. I'll just stay the course. The scale has to move - my calorie input is pretty decent compared to my big weight loss year(s) - but still substantially below maintenance. PAV might give the numbers a stern look - but my weight and amount of body fat is high enough now that I think I can get away with this for awhile. (Oh thank the lord for small blessings :# )
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Do keep in mind things such as:

--all the furniture and tool moving around. I bet you that if you sit on your duff for a three day you will "lose" weight -- but don't do that since the loss will not be related to fat reserves.
    --examine scale: soft floor, dirt caught under, batteries, fake consistency etc.
    --enter numbers in weight trend app--are you a fruit or a little robot when it comes to phones? fruits happy scale... libra -- with your dell and fitbit you should be using trendweight anyway :wink:
    --how "strictly" are you counting? My 300 Cal deficit... can be there or not depending on how strictly I count and how many thing I forget :blush: (like the two pieces of melon yesterday!)
    --**the amount of bunnies transiting through your system** <-- they do take a few "hours" to process!

And don't forget that the fitbit, while useful, I mean you know that I find it extremely useful, it can easily show results that are less useful if you don't interpret them a bit.

The more step and greater distance dog walk that the fitbit gave me many many calories for last night... on paved sidewalks... was NOT more calories than the same duration one earlier in the day going up and down hilly leaf, grass, and mud, dirt trails. Yet it was substantially more calories... on paper!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank you, PAV.

I hadn't really considered the "work" - probably some muscle gain! - definitely some inflammation which I think holds onto water.

Scale - today I changed the batteries - just in case - bad idea. Accidentally switched it to pounds and that was a blow. I can convert - but I don't because I didn't want to know. It is okay. I will get over it.

I've been pretty strict. Using the scale pretty religiously. Sometimes looser with some veggies - lettuce is a pain - tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers I will sometimes guestimate if they go into the salad bowl before I reset the scale and I can't remember where it was at.

I figure fitbit has a margin of error - but I'm not going to sweat that.

I tried to find the post where you mentioned the percentage of your TDEE is safeish to cut and didn't. I'm somewhere between 30-50% which should equal weight loss even if fitbit is off. Eventually it will work! I have noticed my resting heart rate is down again from 56ish to 50ish. Body is FIGHTING this I think!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    RHR is a good indication. 25% of actual real TDEE is a pretty goodly sized cut. bodies are... appreciably designed toward fighting this.
  • Yoolypr
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Son’s birthday today so we’re going out with friends to celebrate. It’s an unfamiliar restaurant so I’ll be tiptoeing around the menu.
    Weather is finally getting better with days in low 90s to upper 80s and much cooler nights. It takes longer for the heat to rev up. Maybe by the end of the month it should be perfect and I can open windows?

Hope we hear from Connie soon. 🙏 Just awful devastation in Florida.

Laurie and PAV will be having exciting adventures this month! Please post some photos and check in when you can. ❤️ Cherish every minute.

We’re taking a short trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico in early November. Looking forward to being in the mountains and eating those hatch chilies. Until then it’s rounds of doctor and dentist appointments for hubby and me. Seems like we schedule everything for October trying to get it all done before the holidays.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hope you have a good celebration today, Yooly! Pictures???