Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    Alexandra - I had to google chemise a la reine. It sounds lovely especially in blue. Any timeline for the wedding? You must be beyond excited!

Connie!!! Please stay with us if only as a lurker. We do miss you though.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Next year, mid-May. I have to work it round the timeline of another wedding so that the old friend I asked to officiate can make it. My mother-in-law is helping plan the wedding and is very happy. My fiance is her only son, and apparently when he married the first time her family left her out of it all cause tradition. But she is a sweetheart and I already call them Mom and Dad, so I want to have her help me. Plus, when I moved in with my fiance, I moved an hour and a half away from my mom, and she is very busy with her own life and focused more on my sister and niece. I know she'll come to the wedding, but otherwise she will be just as happy to be left out of all the planning fuss.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,248 Member
    Options
    Not ready for another work week!

I took it pretty easy this weekend. Saturday I did my normal weekend cleaning plus a few extra tasks. So all the floors got swept, the tile floors got mopped, and I cleaned the bathroom and kitchen surfaces. I also went grocery shopping.

Sunday I went out for a bit and walked around. It was nice. The neighborhood was doing a trick or treat even with local businesses so there were a lot of people out and kids in adorable costumes. So that was fun, though my foot now hurts again.

Not much planned for this week though. I do get my Covid booster Friday afternoon. So I plan to do my grocery shopping while I am out Friday. That way if it kicks my behind (the last booster laid me out for like 2 days), I won't have to worry too much.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Get your flu shot too! I got my booster and flu shot at the same time - one in each arm. If you’re going to feel bad might as well get it over with at one time!
    I actually had very little reaction to either shot other than the usual sore upper arm.
  • Athijade
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Get your flu shot too! I got my booster and flu shot at the same time - one in each arm. If you’re going to feel bad might as well get it over with at one time!
    I actually had very little reaction to either shot other than the usual sore upper arm.

I already had my flu shot. It made me very lightheaded and nauseated for about a day.

I realized I would love a new way to do my food diary. I wish you could set a minimum and maximum number of calories. So say I want to eat at post 1700 for weight loss... it would be cool if I could also set it to 1500 minimum as that would keep me from under eating.
    Options
    I've had a very unproductive day by and large. I slept late because I felt awful and only got up because Sgt Pickles got on the bed and whuffled in my ear. He was worried about me, the sweet boy!

I got my historical underwear cut out of waste fabric and now I will sew them up, try them on, and adjust as needed on the waste fabric pair. Then I'll take them apart and use them as a pattern. I probably will get a lot done on them today as I can hand roll hems in my sleep.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    And how is historical underwear different/special/necessary? Something to do with the fit of the chemise dress or just for authenticity?

I’m trying to pack for my trip to New Mexico. It’s colder there especially at night so I’m hauling out my rarely used winter sweaters and shoes. I always pack too much and often miscalculate the weather!
    Options
    Well, you don't have to take your underwear halfway off to go to the bathroom, for the main thing. Which is useful and easier when wearing a long skirt. The center seam is left unsewn and so when you sit down it all swings out of the way.
  • Yoolypr
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Ah - I’ve seen historical drawings of that type of underwear. Very practical especially in the days of unheated outhouses!
    Good to know you’ll be authentic down to your panties. 🫣
    Options
    Today was a bad day for flares. It wasn't just me; Girlfriend's fibro was flaring badly too. Fiance did the dishes for me since he worked from home, and made sure that the dog went out on time, and I'm really glad that we have a Hotlogic heated lunch box because he was able to just get one of the premade meals out of the freezer and put it in there for the morning. And then I put the leftover fajitas in there and let them warm up for us so we could just have that wrapped up for dinner. I asked for a big one that will take a 9 x 13 casserole for Christmas. That will be SO useful on bad days for me.

Also emailed my mother in law to ask her to order me the yardage to make my dress and the attendant's dress for my girlfriend.
  • Athijade
    Options
    Had a rough evening...

Ended up in the ER with what I thought was an allergic reaction. However, since I couldn't pinpoint anything that could have caused it, I now believe that it was a panic attack. They gave me some meds and fluids and I felt better pretty quickly. Just really drained this morning and feeling like a complete and total idiot for calling 911 for a panic attack. Super embarrassed. Doesn't help that I slept horrible last night.

Now my anxiety and depression are rearing this evil heads and I am questioning all of my lifes decisions. Was moving away from family and friends a good idea?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Maybe some therapy to help with the panic and depression? No cause for you to feel any embarrassment- panic attacks are very scary.
  • Athijade
    Options
    Maybe some therapy to help with the panic and depression? No cause for you to feel any embarrassment- panic attacks are very scary.

This was brought on by something very specific and I can easily stay away from any similar situations. I am actually on medication for anxiety and depression and used to do therapy. Sadly when I moved my therapist could no longer see me due to changing states.

Thing is, I have had a severe allergic reaction before and it feels a LOT like a panic attack. Difficulty breathing, tightness in chest, dizziness, lightheadedness, increased heart rate, nausea... they are nearly identical. So I couldn't be 100% sure. It was one of the worse panic attacks I have ever had too so it didn't feel "normal".

I am feeling a lot better today. Still really tired. Not as dizzy though a little bit, but I think that is from my angry sinuses due to the weather (so much sinus pressure OMG). But I am not as anxious today and my brain is working a bit better. I did end up taking a half day off work yesterday and slept on the daybed/sofa I have. Lots of cat snuggles too which helped.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Sounds like you’ve got good insight on what triggers and helps your condition. Sometimes different symptoms can be frightening.
    I’ve gone to the emergency room a couple of times with severe muscle spasms that could be/might be a heart attack. I felt foolish but relieved too.
    It’s just best not to ignore things because you never know ....
  • Athijade
    Options
    Sightseeing in Albuquerque today. Stopped at the Natural History Museum which is doing a history of chocolate. No sample provided luckily!

Sounds like you had an awesome trip!

I am feeling better today after being knocked on my butt by my Covid booster yesterday. It's gonna be a pretty normal week before things get crazy with the holidays. Between Thanksgiving and then my Disney trip I will be doing a lot of traveling. So it is gonna get a bit crazy for a few weeks before settling down again.

I really need to get into a food and exercise habit. Even if the exercise is just stretching for like 15 minutes I need to be doing something. Especially as the weather gets colder so walking outside gets... unpleasant. But I know I feel better when I have a chance to move my body. So I have to figure things out.

As for food... well, I took the easy way out this week. Though I AM making fajitas tonight so got some lean protein and veggies there. But Thursday is a frozen deep dish pizza so... yea. Gonna work on a meal plan for next week and hopefully make some better choices.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Maybe take a yoga class for beginners? You could probably find a class at a Y or community center. Good for the body and the mind too.
    Options
    I've done a lot of good cleaning today Under and Behind stuff, which makes me feel better. I now have a large bookcase to empty and dust. This is the downside of being a bibliophile.
  • Athijade
    Options
    Maybe take a yoga class for beginners? You could probably find a class at a Y or community center. Good for the body and the mind too.

I should really look into beginner workout classes nearby. It would (1) get me moving (2) get me out of the house (3) let me meet people. So that is a great idea. Now to get over my social anxiety and do it lol.

But for now I have multiple DVDs and YouTube videos that I can use. In fact, I may do some chair stretching this morning because I am stiff.
    Options
    We got Sergeant Pickles bathed today. The only thing he dislikes about the whole thing is that he can't go out until he's dry. We give him a bath once a week with hypoallergenic soap and soothing conditioner, since he has some skin irritation when he's been out a lot. He LOVES his bath. He stands there and blinks and licks the air.

Progress on walking is happening slowly. I think he's always going to tend to get distracted by ALL THE SMELLS, but he's slowly learning that pulling doesn't work to get him where he wants to go.