Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,595 Member
    Options
    Hey is that where we're getting rid of our arctic outflow? You're welcome to it!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Hey is that where we're getting rid of our arctic outflow? You're welcome to it!

Yes it is where that artic air is going!

Here we are expecting wind chills in the -20 to -30 degree fahrenheit range starting later today. So I am not looking forward to that at all.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    We are going down from low forties to 2 degrees above zero with -15 wind chills. Not looking forward to that.

However, I did get something we've been looking forward to!
    zi8et8gztjcb.jpg

It's not a traditional engagement ring, but I am not traditional, so it works. I wanted something that wouldn't get in the way of all the work I do with my hands. It is white gold with rubies and diamonds in a channel setting. And I am wearing the ring size I wore at 18 when I was pretty proportional weight-wise, so I think that's good to go for life.
  • Athijade
    Options
    We are going down from low forties to 2 degrees above zero with -15 wind chills. Not looking forward to that.

However, I did get something we've been looking forward to!

It's not a traditional engagement ring, but I am not traditional, so it works. I wanted something that wouldn't get in the way of all the work I do with my hands. It is white gold with rubies and diamonds in a channel setting. And I am wearing the ring size I wore at 18 when I was pretty proportional weight-wise, so I think that's good to go for life.

It is so pretty! I love it!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Wow! That is one **awesome** ring!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,821 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Alexandra, that’s a lovely, classy ring. So happy for you! ❣️

The Arctic front blew in around noon. Temps dropped to freezing from 50s in less than an hour with a wicked wind.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,612 Member
    Options
    Beautiful, Alexandra!!!!! <3

This weather is just crazy this next few days - across both Canada and the U.S.
  • Athijade
    Options
    Merry Christmas to those who celebrate!

I am spending it being lazy and just snuggled up on the sofa. Made my big meal last night so gonna eat leftovers. The biggest chores I am going to do are making a grocery list for tomorrow, meal plan for a few weeks, research what I can bring to a New Years Eve get together, and look into healthy changes I can make.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to one and all. I have a neighbor whose religion does not recognize any holidays, including birthdays and yet she was so happy to receive the gift of food items I gave her. Made me feel good.

We were not able to get together with family and friends because of Blizzard driving bans. However, I am not alone. I saw several neighbors and today a sister-in-law was able to make it over to pick up the gifts I had for her children and grandchild. We'll get together as a family as soon as it can be arranged.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Mr. Grumpy is out delivering semi stale cookies! Deliveries were postponed because of weather. Driving is fine now but parking on snow banks with the expectation of being able to get out again is still a bit of an issue!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Oh Mr. Grumpy, I’m sure you made lots of people happy today. It may not have defrosted the cold outside but I’m sure it warmed your heart a bit?

We had a nice quiet holiday with son. Ate way too much. We celebrated that it was above freezing today! Should be 70s by the end of the week.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Nuked the blue menu lasagna.... (about 1100 cal for the tray... it is now cooked)
    Used the time (20 minutes) to "rescue" a "forgotten" "tube" of lean ground beef that was possibly a day or two past the "freeze by" date!!! some canola spray, lb of mixed frozen veggies, 150g of red onion, quickly browned to get started, then the meat with some desperate spatula action to get it to crumble :lol: a good 21g of random spices :wink: a jar of tomato sauce (650g), sriracha (41g), some desperate cheddar seasoning (21g)... and it is almost a credible effort! Should have added some red wine... but I didn't spot it at the time! :blush: Turns out that the 1750g of ingredients are just about 1750 Cal... and the whole thing rendered down to 1500g after some boil off.... I'm thinking that I have food for a couple of days... hopefully.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Not sure what you ended up with Mr. Grumpy. A melange of lasagna and ground beef/veggie/ sauce thingy? Guess it doesn’t matter much as long as it was edible and you liked it. 👍

I started the day with a diner breakfast- small. Then I had to catch some after Christmas sales at the craft store. Good deals on yarn that I knit up for needy kids and adults. Some I make for cancer patients undergoing chemo. I’m stocked for at least a year!

Tomorrow we’re off for a quick two day vacation in San Antonio. It’s only an hour and a half by car but a fun city to visit.
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I notice a lot of people are super buzzing around this holiday season! CCCGG's holiday schedule is making my head spin! I hope you enjoy the vacation.... I am needing to re-charge from too much socializing! :smiley:

Still delivering cookies! The problem is that instead of lowering the total house calories I'm currently probably achieving a net gain from wine, cheese, cold cuts, crackers, jams, and nuts, so many nuts, and turkish delights and baklava (I did re-home the last two downstairs!!!) that have been coming my way. And a plum pudding, and banana bread and cookies made by others and chocolate.... ugh. So I am contemplating finding more re-home locations. But having issues!

So I nuked the lasagna... and, err... while cooking the "pasta sauce" I MAY MAY have "inadvertently" removed the top layer of the lasagna using a spoon and my mouth:lol: .... while leaving the bottom ones intact! So half the finished sauce went into rebuilding the lasagna into something respectable... with a top blanket! And I subsequently ate half the finished product for dinner leaving the rest of it for tomorrow! Plus I have the unused half of the sauce!

I did "supplement" with err... some lindt and some cold cuts and yogurt and cereal and plum pudding... I sort of wonder if the correct word should be plump pudding...
  • Athijade
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    I started the day with a diner breakfast- small. Then I had to catch some after Christmas sales at the craft store. Good deals on yarn that I knit up for needy kids and adults. Some I make for cancer patients undergoing chemo. I’m stocked for at least a year!

I tried to take up knitting but it's not for me. I shattered my wrist when I was a child (fell off the high bar) and still have issues with it. When I tried to knit, it would hurt so much. So I gave up on the idea.

I cleaned out and organized the freezer yesterday. Now I have much more room and a better idea of what is still in there. I also started shopping a little "healthier" though I am not going all out until after the new year.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    What an amazing group of people we have in this group! Yooly - you have such a big heart.

PAV - that is some crazy sauce you've made up. Sounds like it will get your through a few days!

I think baby steps are more sustainable, Athijade. Shopping healthier will = eating healthier (hopefully with fewer calories).

I've had a weird day. Managed to make that sore dancing knee worse somehow last night walking home from a wonderful post-Christmas dinner at a friend's who went all out with vegetable side dishes for her veggie friend (moi :) ).
    Pop went the knee and I was stranded about the longest five minutes ever from home. Couldn't put any weight on my leg, my phone battery was dead so no calling a taxi, it was going on 1 a.m. Boy was I angry at myself. The knee is an old aggravated injury and it can be finicky but it is good for walking - but this extra weight isn't doing it any favours. Nor was the 5 billions pounds of left-overs I was carrying in a big blue IKEA bag to pass onto my cousin today (full on Turkey dinner for at least 2 nights).

Finally made it home - and have spent today on tylenol and whiskey. No point in trying to look at the health care world on a stat holiday. My cousin, who doesn't do "the outside world" (can't say I blame him) wasn't up to coming outside to pick up his food so he just lost out on a most delicious lava cake with fresh raspberries. I'm probably going to have to fess up to someone on that one. But I was feeling pretty miserable - it did me wonders :)

Have a mad-dancing night lined up for New Year's Eve. Is really going to suck to have to sit that one out. Maybe a miracle will happen between now and then. Toes and fingers crossed.
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hmm..... mr grumpy says:

1. Lay off the lava cake :smile:
    2. walk before running!
    3. run before dancing.... or the other way around.
    4. but definitely WALK first!

m'ok?

Didn't we have an agreement that you can't wreck knees without further permission? I thought I was mr gimpy and grumpy... why are you trying to take over the gimpy title?

And what's happening with your baby girl? Who is walking her?

Also cousin needs to get going and pick up DA FOODZ! Sheesh!

In the meanwhile rest of lasagna and sauce is now gone. I am at full calories for the day but have 800g of sauce and 200g of yogurt and about 80g worth of plum(p) pudding already logged and therefore available to be consumed. Will have to find a low cal "sauce delivery vehicle" to eat it up with tonight. If I stray to something else I will have to perform further "blend and extend" logging miracles! :blush: So hopefully I won't follow along with Laurie's implication of not finishing up the sauce tonight... I suspect that there IS a chance though!

Blend and extend beats not logging at all, I guess. But it is definitely NOT as effective as religiously logging everything before even a single lick or bite goes down the hatch! :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    That lava cake got me through yesterday beautifully! Not sure if chocolate = healing, but it was mentally healing.

Baby girl is stuck inside with her gimpy human pal. We have two good walking people options - but they both are out of town :( The pretty one is really resilient though - and has spent much more time playing in the snowy backyard on her own yesterday and today. She comes in all happy and giggly, smelling of the outdoors.

I am intrigued by your big batch blend and extend system, PAV. How do you think it would work to convert to a weekly system? Buy "this" much food log "this" many calories for the week. Prepare and eat at will in whatever manner.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Wow - it is getting a bit tricky to get in to this conversation! Hope all is well for everyone.
  • Athijade
    Options
    Wow - it is getting a bit tricky to get in to this conversation! Hope all is well for everyone.

It is a pain in the behind. Hope they get the technical problems figured out.

I've been very tired this week and I am not sure why. Like, the cold I had is pretty much gone. Still a bit of a cough and sinus stuff, but nothing like I had before and totally normal for a post infection. But I have no energy. Been sleeping great but struggling to get up in the morning. My alarm goes off, wakes me up, and I just do not want to get out of bed.

Gotta walk down to the store on my lunch break to grab a few things to take with me for New Years Eve. Keeping it simple and will let the store do the work cause I am just too tired. Also need something to go with the burgers I am making tonight. Totally forgot about that on my actual shopping day.