Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    Options
    Smart ladies talked smart!

I can't even spell 161% and 159%, where 1 is pretty significant 🤯🤣 I would have loved simple 61%

So do what the smart ladies suggest? And treat yourself as professionally as you would treat someone else!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Last night I had a good cry in the shower and then snuggled on the day bed (which is my sofa) to watch some TV. Then I took a Xanax and went to bed early. Still a little foggy from the Xanax this morning but that ended up being good. No racing thoughts so I was able to sit down and focus at work, making my way step by step through a few things that needed to be done. So even though I am tired as heck, it may actually be a good thing because I am so much calmer.

I am also taking Friday off. That will give me a 4 day weekend (Monday is MLK holiday). I am gonna do a deep clean of the apartment this weekend, but the extra time allows me to also get some extra rest.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Rest well! and keep calm and carry on! :smiley:
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    Did you receive a response from the Pet Insurance CROOKS????

(this is from days ago!!! sometimes I don't properly hit the "Post Reply" button.)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    My yesterday was a complete failure on the controlled eating front. Thank goodness for this new day.
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Today is Hump Day! We got this!

My son has challenged me to a rematch from his colossal butt kicking in Clue last night. We are both working on our calorie intake (mine much more monitored his on portion control). He is also working on his electronics addiction. Too much time in front of a screen makes for a moody teenager. With these limits in place we are filling our time in fun ways. Going to add some exercise in there soon.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I hear from another mom and depending on age groups, of course, that a leisurely walk can sometimes work

One friend in a fairly urban setting would set out with older teen to go grocery shopping.... with teen doing the carrying so mom could keep up.... was sold as exercise for mom with teen providing muscle and protection!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Where is our Yooly? ❤️
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Where is our Yooly? ❤️

Still here. Just not happy with myself today. Another early to the gym and lose all control afterward day. It wasn’t terrible but I need to figure this out. I cannot be out of control three days a week and cutting back hard the other days.
    Anxiety? Tiredness? Meds?

I’ll have a chat with the cardiologist tomorrow to see if maybe another drug would make less fatigued all day. 🤞
  • lauriekallis
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Glad to see you here, Yooly. Sorry you had such a day. Man this is hard. It makes me so sad to think of you not being happy with yourself. You are here giving us all support and positivity all the time - can't the freakin' body gods just give you a break?

There is that master hamster that is always on the lookout for how to get its calories back - especially those lost ones. You are right. You need to figure it out and get it under control. I wish I could offer any kind of solid advice. But I have not made much progress on that front yet myself.

Maybe we will be the ones to figure it out - so that the members of our group learn how not to be one of those statistics.

Stay strong, Yooly. And give yourself a hug from me.
  • scoutmom1981
    Options
    I have struggled since coming back from camping. It seems like I get super motivated and I do really great until the first time I can't track 100%. Then I struggle to get back to it.

The scale of course went back up and it is slowly creeping back down again but not to where I was last Friday. I still can't exercise due to my foot. It's just a blah day for me today.

I feel hungry but I know its just a want to eat. I'm not actually hungry. That hamster you guys keep talking about.

Oh well. One day at a time. Today is going to just be a struggle bus day. I will prevail!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    HamsterS are PAVs description - and it feels just right. Little creatures in our brain that are hell bent on getting the calories/high calorie food that they like.

I have always found it hard to get back on track after time off track. Good for you for facing the hamsters down. You WILL prevail.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    actually ALL my brain is a hamster! You have to get some good hamsters in there Laurie to get the others ones under some sort of semblance of control! Of course... maybe you need a CAT in the cathouse! :lol: I am just looking for a circus master hamster to get everyone moving in the correct direction!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Well the cardiologist says I’m good for another 50,000 miles or so. All tests normal. But I can’t give up the pesky med that makes me tired and slows metabolism.

So time for new strategies. 🙄
  • scoutmom1981
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

scale moved a little down. who knows why. Maybe I slept on my back instead of my side. LOL those daily fluctuations don't mean anything really. But it's still nice to see.

My son started his weigh in this morning. He wants to start exercising next week so we will start that. Philmont is coming up fast.

Busy weekend planned. It is our local Comic Con convention and my husband and son have signed up to present in the Lego display. Which means that I have to tag along due to my son not being allowed to be alone. Another weekend with who know what food wise. Taking this thing one day at a time.

Everyone have an awesome Friday!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Sounds like an adventure this weekend too! I hope you son is not too engaged in the idea of "dieting" - I honestly think that is where things start to go seriously wrong on the disordered eating front. I started dieting when I was 8 or 9 ... I have never in my life just been able to "eat" when I'm hungry - not eat when I'm satisfied. I didn't realize until relatively recently that it isn't normal to be know the calorie counts of most foods. I figured everyone did...lol...but that isn't the case. Some people can eat relatively intuitively. Imagine that!
  • Yoolypr
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Yup - childhood dieter here too. Didn’t do much for me either. What may have helped is having healthier meals at home. Also less cheap snack food and desserts brought into home. As a kid you can pretty much only eat what’s in the pantry or fridge. My parents did the best they could but poverty limits food choices.

Definitely I could have benefited from more activities to occupy my free time. But back then girls didn’t do sports and we didn’t have the money for lessons in other things.

I tried to do better as a parent. My son had a minor weight problem as he got older. Luckily, seeing me lose a lot of weight motivated him to follow my example.

And then there’s genetics! I come from a long line of “sturdy” women who were raised to do farm work. I got the genes but not the farm work.....
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I've been dealing with a lot of stuff and the weight has gone on a back burner. Plus making a couple of big serious life changes have the anxiety up until I figured some stuff out. (Stuff is figured out.)

So we have a venue chosen and paid for and a date set, and now I can relax and just sew and work to get my dress and Girlfriend's dress done, and see about finding a good pattern for Fiance's shirt. We are having the men wear khakis and a nice button-down sports shirt, because that's a level of formality that his dad and my sons can handle just fine, and sundresses or the equivalent for the ladies. We're doing this in the parlor of a big old Victorian house in the daytime, and we'll just stand up and do our thing, and then sit down in the dining room and eat barbecue for lunch, and then all go home. Nice and simple and unpretentious. That's the way I like to do it.

I've got my fabric and her fabric washed and shrunk, so now I get to get on the business of making the dresses. Whee! There's actually a tank-style dress as a liner underneath the filmy drapiness which gives it structure and modesty. So I'll make that first. Plus, it's not going to matter with that if I lose a pound or two between now and then, and the dress itself adjusts all over with drawstrings, so it will adjust to wherever I'm at. Part of the reason I like it, to be honest.

I think now that I've got that nailed down and set, I can relax and go back to successfully losing weight. I've come to realized that the evening binges are due to being stressed about something that I don't feel is under my control. I knew they were a symptom, but not exactly for what. Now I know. So now I will try when the urge hits just getting out pen and paper and writing down what's on my mind and worrying me and I can see what I can do about it. And even if nothing can be done, I have at least interrupted the binge, and sometimes that's enough to make it not happen.

One good thing about doing a lot of handsewing is that you don't eat while you sew.

• PAV8888
    Options
    Hello there Ms So Many Accomplishments in a Row! :wink:
    Hmmm.... I think I need to get into arts and crafts... :blush:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Ah Alexandra you’re having the wedding of my dreams! Simple and personal.

My wedding nearly 50 years ago was an extravaganza of our parents dreams. Nearly 300 guests, live band, gigantic buffet, enormous cake with bubbling fountains and I was dressed as a snow beast trailing lace and veils! The wedding photos still make me twitch.